• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ukrainian War is over. Who will have to reconstruct Ukraine?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I mean, le bilan est lourd, and the country needs to be reconstructed and aided.
Who will have to reconstruct it?
Us Europeans?

After all that we have gone through with the impositions made by an elitist cabal of warmongers?
;)

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean, le bilan est lourd, and the country needs to be reconstructed and aided.
Who will have to reconstruct is?
Us Europeans?

After all that we have gone through with the impositions made by an elitist cabal of warmongers?
;)
Fake news.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Fake news.
It's over. Russia says it's over.
Now it's Ukrainians who are desperately trying to reconquer Donbas back, but they are desperate losers.
Being in Europe and speaking Russian, I know what I am talking about.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Us Europeans?

;)

Now it's Ukrainians who are desperately trying to reconquer Donbas back, but they are desperate losers.

Congratulations on your freelancing gig. I see you're self-employed as Europe's spokesperson.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Us Europeans?

;)

I would like to see a link,

From what I see Putin is posturing for votes, he needs a significant success to save face... And saving face is what he's all about

Im pretty sure Russia won't pitch in to repair the damage its done

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
If you bring me a EU citizen that contradicts my claim, well... you can say I am not a EU spokesperson.
British citizens don't count.

Anecdotal evidence is insufficient for establishing nationwide trends, but even on this forum, multiple EU citizens disagree with many of your assertions about Ukraine, the EU, and Russia.

Also, British people are still European by culture, heritage, and geography, so I think they count as Europeans just fine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anecdotal evidence is insufficient for establishing nationwide trends, but even on this forum, multiple EU citizens disagree with many of your assertions about Ukraine, the EU, and Russia.
There are EU citizens on this forum. I haven't seen them contradict my claim.
Also, British people are still European by culture, heritage, and geography, so I think they count as Europeans just fine.
I was referring to the EU exclusively, since it's the EU that is funding Ukraine, and will fund the reconstruction of Ukraine.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Your claim that the war is over? It's factually incorrect. I'm not sure what "contradiction" you're talking about or what difference it makes. Individual opinions aren't an authoritative source of facts about current events.

I was referring to the EU exclusively, since it's the EU that is funding Ukraine, and will fund the reconstruction of Ukraine.

The US and the UK have also financially aided Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your claim that the war is over? It's factually incorrect. I'm not sure what "contradiction" you're talking about or what difference it makes. Individual opinions aren't an authoritative source of facts about current events.

I meant that for Russia, the war is over. Of course Ukrainians will desperately try to reconquer Donbas, but it's a desperate attempt.
It's like Luxembourg wanted to conquer Rhineland in Germany. Come on. Luxembourg can never defeat Germany.

The US and the UK have also financially aided Ukraine.

The EU has nothing to do with US or UK. It has a completely different geopolitical vision than those two countries.
UK quit the EU also because it has more common with the US than with continental Europe.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I meant that for Russia, the war is over. Of course Ukrainians will desperately try to reconquer Donbas, but it's a desperate attempt.
It's like Luxembourg wanted to conquer Rhineland in Germany. Come on. Luxembourg can never defeat Germany.

Last I checked, Russia was still trying (and failing) to conquer Ukraine.

The EU has nothing to do with US or UK. It has a completely geopolitical vision than those two countries.
UK quit the EU also because it has more common with the US than with continental Europe.

The EU is a close ally of the US and the UK, especially militarily (mainly due to NATO).

I don't see anything productive coming from this thread. You're just making one unfounded claim after another based on ideological preferences and anecdotes, not sound evidence.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Last I checked, Russia was still trying (and failing) to conquer Ukraine.
Russia exclusively wanted to conquer the four regions where Russian is spoken. They did that, and for them the war is over.
The EU is a close ally of the US and the UK, especially militarily (mainly due to NATO).
Let's not exaggerate...
in the EU, more and more anti-globalist leaders are rising the power.
Let's say that we agree on several topics. But we won't jump off a cliff just because the US orders us to do it.

I don't see anything productive coming from this thread. You're just making one unfounded claim after another based on ideological preferences and anecdotes, not sound evidence.

This thread is a debate. If you want to debate, here's a video in French (you speak French, right?) where some analysts says that Ukraine doesn't have so many chances.

HonestJoe

The war definitely isn't over. It's shifted on to yet another different phase (following of from several before that) and could well shift again in spring.

Us Europeans?
The one people you're ironically forgetting in your political fantasy games - Ukrainians.

I mean, I doubt you'll be rushing out there to help and they've already been doing that in the central regions that Russia initially struck. In the long term they'll need a whole load of financial, economic and practical support, much of which may well come from Western Europe, but that is no different to pretty much any other part of the world that suffers such extensive destruction, regardless of the cause.

I think you're giving people too much credit. I idea that there is some defined group that is actively in control of world events is ridiculous. There are lots of different powerful individuals and groups desperately trying to do that but they're all highly limited in their overall ability and are all pushing in different directions.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The war definitely isn't over. It's shifted on to yet another different phase (following of from several before that) and could well shift again in spring.
In spring there are the new elections and I doubt they will elect a pro-war President. That is Mr Military-Green-Sweatshirt.
The one people you're ironically forgetting in your political fantasy games - Ukrainians.
With what money?
I mean, I doubt you'll be rushing out there to help and they've already been doing that in the central regions that Russia initially struck. In the long term they'll need a whole load of financial, economic and practical support, much of which may well come from Western Europe, but that is no different to pretty much any other part of the world that suffers such extensive destruction, regardless of the cause.
From the EU, yes.
The US doesn't spend a dime, unless it's about warlike stuff.
I think you're giving people too much credit. I idea that there is some defined group that is actively in control of world events is ridiculous. There are lots of different powerful individuals and groups desperately trying to do that but they're all highly limited in their overall ability and are all pushing in different directions.

Kissinger died three days ago...yes there are powerful individuals.
They are all incredibly old, though.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Britain has done its fair share of funding tje Ukraine ... £4.6 billion. That's around 5.36 billion €
And I'm pretty sure that if called on to help our Britain will step up

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Britain has done its fair share of funding tje Ukraine ... £4.6 billion. That's around 5.36 billion €
And I'm pretty sure that if called on to help our Britain will step up
It reminds me of the Fascists in 1944 that still used to think that the war was winnable.
That's Zelensky.
Deluded.

ChristineM

Premium Member

The UK quit the EU for many reasons,

it wanted its sovereignty back, was the loudest battle cry, whatever that means.

it said it wanted to use the money it pays to the EU to aid the NHS. That was a lie.

They thought they could do better trading with non EU approved countries, that failed. Which country wants to trade with 67 million people when it can trade with 450 million people?

They wanted to reduce immigration, that failed, it flatline fir a while but since covid immigration has exploded.

The US was a secondary reason

As i see it all Brexit has done is increased racism

ChristineM

Premium Member
It reminds me of the Fascists in 1944 that still used to think that the war was winnable.
That's Zelensky.
Deluded.

Strawman rather than discussing the point

So the war is not over. Must have been a clickbait title

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It's not over 'til it's over. If there's still fighting, it's not over.

But they may need more money: 'We are out of money': White House pushes to pass stalled Ukraine aid

“I want to be clear: Without congressional action, by the end of the year we will run out of resources to procure more weapons and equipment for Ukraine and to provide equipment from U.S. military stocks,” wrote Young, director of the Office of Management and Budget. “There is no magical pot of funding available to meet this moment. We are out of money — and nearly out of time.”

Identical letters were sent to Speaker Mike Johnson, House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

It’s the latest warning from top officials as the administration presses to get President Joe Biden’s $61.4 billion emergency funding request for Ukraine across the finish line. The proposal is part of a $106 billion supplemental package Biden sent lawmakers in October for additional funding for Ukraine, Israel, the Pacific and the U.S.-Mexico border.

But Republicans in the House and Senate have insisted that further Ukraine money be paired with border security policy changes. A failure to coalesce around border provisions could quickly stall the funding.

Opposition to further funding for Kyiv has grown among House Republicans, another factor Johnson must navigate. The Louisiana Republican has also advocated splitting up aid to Ukraine and Israel, while Schumer and McConnell are aiming to approve a single comprehensive funding package.

The Republicans are insisting that aid to Ukraine be paired with changes in border security policies. Aid to Israel is also being proposed. They have until the end of this year to make a deal.