• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Truth"

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Do you think you know the "truth"? Do you think it's important to know the "truth"? What is the "truth", or conversely why can't we know the "truth"?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I like chasing it. Like chasing the rainbow I'll probably never catch it !
Of course that won't stop me trying.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Truth is a product of the Acme Latex Corporation, Reality Division, and is sold internationally in seven exciting colors and flavors. In the American market, however, Acme only sells six models of truth in deference to the Intelligent Design crowd.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Truth is a product of the Acme Latex Corporation, Reality Division, and is sold internationally in seven exciting colors and flavors. In the American market, however, Acme only sells six models of truth in deference to the Intelligent Design crowd.

Who let you in here? :slap:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Of course not. Truth is a property of the relationship between a proposition and what the proposition refers to.
That is how someone who has studied philosophy as an academic discipline would view it I imagine ?
That's why I believe it's like the rainbow and cannot be caught. Whether or not you can see the rainbow at all depends on where you are standing and we're all stuck in ourselves.

Do you think you know the "truth"? Do you think it's important to know the "truth"? What is the "truth", or conversely why can't we know the "truth"?

I am a product of the universe and therefore unable to define it nor conceptualize it. Just as a computer can never overcome human intelligence, just as the sun will never rotate around the Earth, I will never be able to define something greater than myself.

So no, I don't know, and can never know, the "truth".

Hallelujah. :bow:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What it is. Can you define God truthfully?

You can define various people's conceptions of god. However, in so far as the terrain, god, is unknown, you cannot make a map of that terrain which you know to be true.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't know the truth. And no one else does either... and I am pretty sure no one will ever know it. And I'm not going to try to figure it out either... That's too much work for something I will never accomplish... (And by "truth" I am referring to how life, the universe, and everything started...)