• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trump Collection

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Appearances can be deceiving- one can smile while stabbing in the back. One can dress elegantly what is still a garbage can. :) One can seem to be mean but you could trust your life with him/her. General MacArthur was a coarse person but he got the job done.

Can you be more specific at goal posts? For an example, he said he would accept Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and did it. He said he agree that the Golan Heights would be Israels and did it. He said he would build a wall and is doing it (the shifting goal post was who is going to pay for it - true). He said he would repeal NAFTA and did and replaced it with something better. He said he would lighten the burden of restrictions on businesses and did. He said he would give a tax break to all - and did. He said he would redo China trade and did. He said he would nominate Constitutionalist judges and has (more than 300 - filling empty seats)

I could go on.... I'm sure there has been some goal post moving - but what area specifically are you talking about? It certainly isn't the norm IMO though I am sure he has in some areas.

OK :)
His portrayal as a leader mainly - being too casual with what he says (and often without thinking about the consequences - disinfectant as cure for Covid, for example), and his rather futile and childish tweeting, and just a bit too petty in attitude. If this is what people want in a leader then I fear for what we will get in the future, but I think he will be seen as an aberration. One expects the things you listed of a right-wing leader but when many of the things he does tend to go against what is better for non-Americans or the planet (Climate Change issues, for example) then he just comes across as any other partisan head of state rather than a leader one would want from the most powerful nation on Earth.