• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trump Collection

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Thank you... now... did you search the other side of the coin?

Did you do the same search on Biden from the viewpoint of the conservative vs only looking at Trump through the eyes of the Liberals?

Or is this a UK collusion with Biden :D to influence the outcome :D

Altfish

Veteran Member

Did you do the same search on Biden from the viewpoint of the conservative vs only looking at Trump through the eyes of the Liberals?

The UK has been wise enough about Trump because of his treatment of politicians/staff/locals regarding his golf courses over here.
The UK on the whole loved Obama; I don't think it has an opinion on Biden as yet but if Obama was happy with him, he's a good guy.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

No searching involved - just some recent items - but I can trawl back through my saved links if you like. :D

If there were enough equally funny bits from Biden - rather than an old man making mistakes - it might be worth a thread, but Trump is in another league. I'm about as lefty as one can get without being a Communist but I had no hesitation in calling out our Trump (Mr Corbyn), when I saw him (and his entourage) being as bad - and perhaps a mirror image of Trump, but with a lot more scruples and basically being a decent chap (so not that similar) - but perhaps as bad a leader. :oops:

Missed this one:

Trump refuses to deny his rivals are a satanic pedophile ring | Metro News

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
The UK has been wise enough about Trump because of his treatment of politicians/staff/locals regarding his golf courses over here.
The UK on the whole loved Obama; I don't think it has an opinion on Biden as yet but if Obama was happy with him, he's a good guy.

Well... I know Obama didn't have any golf-courses... for that matter, didn't have any businesses other than making himself a millionaire. So I'm not sure that should be the qualification.

Then again... we've seen some UK that have treated the US unwisely... but I don't put the UK in the lavatory. Judging by the election of Boris Johnson, I would think the majority just may like Trump. (have no idea if my position is correct)

Kenny

Premium Member
No searching involved - just some recent items - but I can trawl back through my saved links if you like. :D

If there were enough equally funny bits from Biden - rather than an old man making mistakes - it might be worth a thread, but Trump is in another league. I'm about as lefty as one can get without being a Communist but I had no hesitation in calling out our Trump (Mr Corbyn), when I saw him (and his entourage) being as bad - and perhaps a mirror image of Trump, but with a lot more scruples and basically being a decent chap (so not that similar) - but perhaps as bad a leader. :oops:

Missed this one:

Trump refuses to deny his rivals are a satanic pedophile ring | Metro News
Did you listen to the line of that conversation?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well... I know Obama didn't have any golf-courses... for that matter, didn't have any businesses other than making himself a millionaire. So I'm not sure that should be the qualification.

Then again... we've seen some UK that have treated the US unwisely... but I don't put the UK in the lavatory. Judging by the election of Boris Johnson, I would think the majority just may like Trump. (have no idea if my position is correct)
Are there any ex-POTUSs that are not millionaires? You can earn a fortune on the after dinner circuit, books will also bring you in a good return. Michelle's book was a massive seller, even in the UK

I do put the UK in the toilet for being daft enough to think Johnson was a credible PM; as time has shown he is totally incapable. Like Trump he won with less than 50% of the electorate

Kenny

Premium Member
Are there any ex-POTUSs that are not millionaires? You can earn a fortune on the after dinner circuit, books will also bring you in a good return. Michelle's book was a massive seller, even in the UK

I do put the UK in the toilet for being daft enough to think Johnson was a credible PM; as time has shown he is totally incapable. Like Trump he won with less than 50% of the electorate

I haven't found one who said "I will not take a salary!" - though some have given

But to have Obama say "I am for the poor and I want to help the needy" when he works deals to make himself a millionaire and his giving record "to help the needed" varies from 3% to 15% during his presidency... seems a little odd to me.

I think this highest is 22%... I thought there were too many rich people?

But I think we are deviating from the point.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I haven't found one who said "I will not take a salary!" - though some have given

But to have Obama say "I am for the poor and I want to help the needy" when he works deals to make himself a millionaire and his giving record "to help the needed" varies from 3% to 15% during his presidency... seems a little odd to me.

I think this highest is 22%... I thought there were too many rich people?
So what you are saying basically is that no politician (because they will be well off) can represent the poor?
There is no future if that is true.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why can't rich people supposedly help the poor? Seems to
me that many have, plus the Gospel mandates it, and Obama is a Christian.:shrug:

BTW, Trump violates the Constitution on a daily basis with his not adhering to the Emoluments Clause. Plus, now we also know he pays so little in federal taxes-- sometimes none at all.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Did you listen to the line of that conversation?
He doesn't seem to make things clear when lies and rumours do his work.

I don't think this is the case, even if we do tend to have more inclined to the right (mostly right-wing popular media), since Boris isn't that popular now (might have been once) and I think most dislike Trump - just for setting a very bad example as to what a leader should be. Can you imagine if all future politics went this way? I can't remember a US president so slated in the media apart from when they made bad mistakes, such as Nixon over Watergate or Reagan and his silly bombing Russia quip (minor in comparison). Trump has virtually forced the more negative attention on himself by his behaviour and what he says.

How the Trump admin devastated the CDC—and continues to cripple it
Leading Scientists Urge Voters to Dump Trump

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
He doesn't seem to make things clear when lies and rumours do his work.

I don't think this is the case, even if we do tend to have more inclined to the right (mostly right-wing popular media), since Boris isn't that popular now (might have been once) and I think most dislike Trump - just for setting a very bad example as to what a leader should be. Can you imagine if all future politics went this way? I can't remember a US president so slated in the media apart from when they made bad mistakes, such as Nixon over Watergate or Reagan and his silly bombing Russia quip (minor in comparison). Trump has virtually forced the more negative attention on himself by his behaviour and what he says.

How the Trump admin devastated the CDC—and continues to cripple it
Leading Scientists Urge Voters to Dump Trump

I think there is a problem here on two accounts:

1) lies and rumors that are made clear but never reported
2) You seem to have the same problem that we have... your media is very one sided and filled with opinions.

Example: Trump devastates the CDC... just on that alone, CDC has changed their position so many times that they really have shot themselves in the foot and it wasn't Trumps fault.

pearl

Example: Trump devastates the CDC... just on that alone, CDC has changed their position so many times that they really have shot themselves in the foot and it wasn't Trumps fault.

They have done so on Trump's orders.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think there is a problem here on two accounts:

1) lies and rumors that are made clear but never reported
Well his tweety record is not good, and with some of his posts (tweets or not) getting warnings from the administrators. And he doesn't appear to negate any rumours and/or lies if he sees such harming the opposition. Hardly the behaviour of an honest politician.
2) You seem to have the same problem that we have... your media is very one sided and filled with opinions.

I would suspect the media to be more right-wing in many of the more industrialised countries - as they tend to appeal to the lowest common denominator rather than the more thinking. Which is what Trump has done since being in office and presumably before. I've given up reading our lot, which I used to do to get some balance.

Kenny

Premium Member
Well his tweety record is not good, and with some of his posts (tweets or not) getting warnings from the administrators. And he doesn't appear to negate any rumours and/or lies if he sees such harming the opposition. Hardly the behaviour of an honest politician.
I would suspect the media to be more right-wing in many of the more industrialised countries - as they tend to appeal to the lowest common denominator rather than the more thinking. Which is what Trump has done since being in office and presumably before. I've given up reading our lot, which I used to do to get some balance.
Yes, the tweets are a mess.. true... but they are corrected but never reported.

Define honest in context of examples of honest head of states

I disagree with media being more right -wing

I wouldn’t subScribe to “the lowest common denominator rather than thinking” position.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yes, the tweets are a mess.. true... but they are corrected but never reported.

Define honest in context of examples of honest head of states
I think most are reasonable in their appearance at least, apart from the few who show no regard for public opinion, and who just think they can get away with murder and not be noticed doing so. Trump has shifted the goalposts - and not in a good direction. - towards less clear information and less respecting of science or medical opinion.
I disagree with media being more right -wing

I wouldn’t subScribe to “the lowest common denominator rather than thinking” position.
I think the popular media tends to be more right-wing (at least here in the UK) - and that which reaches the most. And although there are a few decent-ish right-wing news outlets - just as there are decent left-wing ones - most people don't read either of these.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

I have not met anyone in the UK who does not detest Trump. But I know some exist.
We even have a few holycaust deniers. And other oddballs.

Kenny

Premium Member
I think most are reasonable in their appearance at least, apart from the few who show no regard for public opinion, and who just think they can get away with murder and not be noticed doing so. Trump has shifted the goalposts - and not in a good direction. - towards less clear information and less respecting of science or medical opinion.

Appearances can be deceiving- one can smile while stabbing in the back. One can dress elegantly what is still a garbage can. :) One can seem to be mean but you could trust your life with him/her. General MacArthur was a coarse person but he got the job done.

Can you be more specific at goal posts? For an example, he said he would accept Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and did it. He said he agree that the Golan Heights would be Israels and did it. He said he would build a wall and is doing it (the shifting goal post was who is going to pay for it - true). He said he would repeal NAFTA and did and replaced it with something better. He said he would lighten the burden of restrictions on businesses and did. He said he would give a tax break to all - and did. He said he would redo China trade and did. He said he would nominate Constitutionalist judges and has (more than 300 - filling empty seats)

I could go on.... I'm sure there has been some goal post moving - but what area specifically are you talking about? It certainly isn't the norm IMO though I am sure he has in some areas.

I think the popular media tends to be more right-wing (at least here in the UK) - and that which reaches the most. And although there are a few decent-ish right-wing news outlets - just as there are decent left-wing ones - most people don't read either of these.

OK :)