• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The True Church

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
John 4:23-24 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. [24] God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Therefore?

Muffled

Jesus in me
John 4:23-24 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. [24] God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

I believe that confirms what i said.

Milton Platt

Marks of the True Church

1. Believes that Jesus Christ is God. John 1:1

2. Has no Head of the church but Jesus. Ephesians 5:23

3. Teaches truth not Denominationalism. Mark 7:7-8

4. Teaches that The Bible is the True Word of God, and is without error. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

5. Teaches that Authority comes from the word of God not leaders in the Church. 1 Thessalonians 4:2, Acts 2:42

6. Teaches Believers Baptism. Mark 16:16

7. Teaches that Repentance and Baptism is for the Forgiveness of Sins and the way to receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-4

8. Teaches that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Acts 4:12

9. Teaches that Sinners will go to Hell. Revelation 21:8, 20:11-15

10. Takes care of the Poor. James 1:27

11. And does the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20

I come from an atheist point of view, and it seems to me that the one true church is always the one you happen to be in.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Marks of the True Church

1. Believes that Jesus Christ is God. John 1:1

Jesus never claimed that He was God.

2. Has no Head of the church but Jesus. Ephesians 5:23

Jesus died some 2,000 years ago, so who fills the role now?

4. Teaches that The Bible is the True Word of God, and is without error. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Perhaps the Autographs were inerrant, but those have been lost to time. All we have are copies of copies, that were influenced by men.

5. Teaches that Authority comes from the word of God not leaders in the Church. 1 Thessalonians 4:2, Acts 2:42

Yet it was men that wrote every single letter in the Bible. And came up with the ceremonial fluff. And traditions. And biases. And fought wars in the name of God.

6. Teaches Believers Baptism. Mark 16:16

Which is nothing but a traditional rite...aka symbolism.

7. Teaches that Repentance and Baptism is for the Forgiveness of Sins and the way to receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-4

Ok, but if God controls everything, why do we have to repent for His controlled actions/consquences?

8. Teaches that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Acts 4:12

The Bible never states that we go to heaven, just paradise.

9. Teaches that Sinners will go to Hell. Revelation 21:8, 20:11-15

The Bible never says that we go to hell for eternal torment, just the lake of fire for destruction.

10. Takes care of the Poor. James 1:27

You can do this without being religious.

11. And does the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20

Too bad so many preachers use the Church for personal wealth, glory and criminal activity.