• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories"

exchemist

Veteran Member
What you think, you need to be spoon fed, it's not that hard in to days world, all you have to do, is click on the internet and search.
Nobody is going to do that. You make the claim, you provide the support for it. That is basic discussion etiquette.

If it is as easy as you say, you should be able to provide a link or two in a matter of seconds. Please do.

Faithofchristian

Nobody is going to do that. You make the claim, you provide the support for it. That is basic discussion etiquette.

If it is as easy as you say, you should be able to provide a link or two in a matter of seconds. Please do.

Then what your saying, is that to lazy, push simple buttons on the key board. You can't be Serious.

Faithofchristian

I made the claim, then I left it to you, whether you want to take the initiative to look it up or not.

Thermos aquaticus

Then what your saying, is that to lazy, push simple buttons on the key board. You can't be Serious.

We are saying that you are too lazy to push simple buttons on the keyboard and cite your sources. It isn't up to us to do your homework. When you wrote papers for school, did you expect your teacher to do all of your endnotes and citations for you?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well it's evidence that you didn't hear that over in Europe found more dinosaurs foot prints and what suppose to be human foot prints
You'll be referencing The Flintstones next!!
Dinosaurs and humans did NOT co-exist; dinosaurs died out about 65million years ago, humans appeared about 1.8 million years ago if you want to be generous.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm reminding you of discussion etiquette.

But look at it this way: it is you trying to convince me of something I view with extreme scepticism. Now, do you think it likely that I will be willing to invest my own time in what I suspect will be a wild goose chase? On the other hand, if you provide me with evidence to support your claim, I'll certainly read that, if only out of pure curiosity, as it will only take me a couple of minutes.

It's entirely up to you and how serious you are, in trying to persuade people about your ideas.

Faithofchristian

I'm reminding you of discussion etiquette.

But look at it this way: it is you trying to convince me of something I view with extreme scepticism. Now, do you think it likely that I will be willing to invest my own time in what I suspect will be a wild goose chase? On the other hand, if you provide me with evidence to support your claim, I'll certainly read that, if only out of pure curiosity, as it will only take me a couple of minutes.

It's entirely up to you and how serious you are, in trying to persuade people about your ideas.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, that's all up to people.

You want the site, try this

New Early Human Footprints Raise Complex Questions | Cleveland Museum of Natural History

Thermos aquaticus

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, that's all up to people.

Of course you are trying to convince people. That's why you brought it up.

https://www.cmnh.org/laetoli-footprints
Did you read the article?

"The ghostly 3.66 million-year-old tracks were made by two individuals trudging through wet volcanic ash covering a bushland plateau in what is now northern Tanzania, Africa."

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Dinosaur footprints and those human footprints are separated by 62 million years.

Faithofchristian

Of course you are trying to convince people. That's why you brought it up.

Did you read the article?

"The ghostly 3.66 million-year-old tracks were made by two individuals trudging through wet volcanic ash covering a bushland plateau in what is now northern Tanzania, Africa."

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Dinosaur footprints and those human footprints are separated by 62 million years.

So my point is, There were no humans beings of flesh and blood at the time of the dinosaurs.
But man was there at the time of the dinosaurs.
I know this is going right over your head.

exchemist

Veteran Member

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You'll be referencing The Flintstones next!!
Dinosaurs and humans did NOT co-exist; dinosaurs died out about 65million years ago, humans appeared about 1.8 million years ago if you want to be generous.

What about Crocodylia? I read an article that claims they have been around for 180 million years. Would that make them living dinosaurs?

Thermos aquaticus

What about Crocodylia? I read an article that claims they have been around for 180 million years. Would that make them living dinosaurs?

Crocodiles are not dinosaurs. It isn't the age of a lineage that makes them dinosaurs or even their size. It is the physical characteristics that make them dinosaurs. For example, one of the easiest ways to tell a dinosaur from a non-dinosaur reptilian is how the limbs exit the body. In dinosaurs the limbs exit the body perpendicular to the round. In species like crocodiles and lizards the limbs exit the body parallel to the ground.

Thermos aquaticus

Hmmm... just read that Crocodylia are actually more closely related to bird than they are to snakes and lizards. Closed the link, I'll see if I can find it again...

Did crocodiles descend from dinosaurs?

"Crocodiles are the closest living relatives of the birds, sharing a common ancestor that lived around 240 million years ago and also gave rise to the dinosaurs."
Scientists reconstruct genome of common ancestor of crocodiles, birds, dinosaurs

Crocs share a common ancestor with dinosaurs but no species in the crocodile lineage was a dinosaur. The two lineages split with birds/dinosaurs on one side and crocs on the other.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Crocodiles are not dinosaurs. It isn't the age of a lineage that makes them dinosaurs or even their size. It is the physical characteristics that make them dinosaurs. For example, one of the easiest ways to tell a dinosaur from a non-dinosaur reptilian is how the limbs exit the body. In dinosaurs the limbs exit the body perpendicular to the round. In species like crocodiles and lizards the limbs exit the body parallel to the ground.

Thanks Thermos, your post makes sense and mine was a bit simplistic and not what I really meant to say lol

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
"Crocodiles are the closest living relatives of the birds, sharing a common ancestor that lived around 240 million years ago and also gave rise to the dinosaurs."
Scientists reconstruct genome of common ancestor of crocodiles, birds, dinosaurs

Crocs share a common ancestor with dinosaurs but no species in the crocodile lineage was a dinosaur. The two lineages split with birds/dinosaurs on one side and crocs on the other.

Thank you again, reading through it now :)