• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories"

Faithofchristian

There is no algebra in the Bible. There is no trigonometry or calculus in the Bible. So, no, people don't learn math from the Bible. Some may learn a very small amount of arithmetic, but that isn't even close to all of math.

People were reading, writing, doing math, and obtaining knowledge LONG before the Bible was available.

So you say, seeing that you can't handle it.
People we're learning to read and write and spell and math from the bible, just because you can not handle it, that's your problem

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Let's not beat around the bush, I will always go to the Bible for my source of information.

You can go where ever you want to go for your source of information.

OK, from my perspective, that just means you are removing yourself from reasoned debate. If you faith is so encompassing that you ignore the real world, then there is nothing more to say.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
People we're learning to read and write and spell and math from the bible, just because you can not handle it, that's your problem

Um, I can certainly read, write, spell, and do math.

I can also read the Bible *in context* and realize it isn't a very good source of information.

Faithofchristian

What do you do when what is in the bible is different from what is found in the real world?

For example, it is entirely clear that Noah's flood never happened. How do you handle that?

Just because you say the flood of Noah's didn't happen, doesn't make it so.
Oh by the way, you do know there was two floods, Therefore the flood of Noah's wasn't the only flood of water that covered the earth. But then you wouldn't know this.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Just because you say the flood of Noah's didn't happen, doesn't make it so.
Oh by the way, you do know there was two floods, Therefore the flood of Noah's wasn't the only flood of water that covered the earth. But then you wouldn't know this.

Well, the evidence of the *real world* shows the Biblical stories to be fictional.

Faithofchristian

Then you will remain ignorant of science and will remain an ill-educated person. But that is your choice.

My education doesn't come from man's teachings.
You seem to think that science is all there is.
There's more to learning than you think.
But you wouldn't have any idea. There's more to learning than science can offer.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If by "handling" you mean "accepting", it is only fair to point out that quite a few people have difficulty accepting statements that are demonstrably untrue. :D

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Seeing that you haven't any idea or clue, As to who those men were or how they came to be or where they came from.

Go ahead explain it to us.
No one knows for sure who wrote the most of the New Testament. A lot of Christians just like to assume it was written by men who knew Jesus, but, in actuality, it is much more likely they were written by various tribes who named them for the disciples. Luke and Paul never even met Jesus (visions don't count), so they don't have too much credibility.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That all figures, your stuck in the fanasty world of make believe.
There is absolutely no evidence that the biblical stories are true. Jesus' birth story was fictional. There was not a Roman census that forced jewish families to go back to their city of origin at that time.

Faithofchristian

No one knows for sure who wrote the most of the New Testament. A lot of Christians just like to assume it was written by men who knew Jesus, but, in actuality, it is much more likely they were written by various tribes who named them for the disciples. Luke and Paul never even met Jesus (visions don't count), so they don't have too much credibility.

That's what you say, which doesn't make it so.

Faithofchristian

There is absolutely no evidence that the biblical stories are true. Jesus' birth story was fictional. There was not a Roman census that forced jewish families to go back to their city of origin at that time.

That's all because you have no knowledge or understanding what the Bible supports or confirm's

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Well for one, we have the dinosaurs bones giving witness.
As for another, as for a Christian all my evidence lays inside of the Bible.
You may not like it, But then that's you and not me.
What do dinosaurs living millions of years ago have to do with anything you mentioned? They certainly disprove any young earth theory. And, my point is not that you shouldn't believe the Bible. My point is that you are misusing the word "evidence". Claims in the Bible are not evidence of anything. They are just claims. I could write my own book about a fictional messiah figure if I wanted.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That's all because you have no knowledge or understanding what the Bible supports or confirm's
Sure I do. I've done extensive Bible study throughout my life. I grew up going to Catholic grade school and a jesuit high school. I've read the Bible many times and have studied it with people who have dedicated their life to it. Nice try though. Next time try to support your insulting claims with evidence.

Faithofchristian

What do dinosaurs living millions of years ago have to do with anything you mentioned? They certainly disprove any young earth theory. And, my point is not that you shouldn't believe the Bible. My point is that you are misusing the word "evidence". Claims in the Bible are not evidence of anything. They are just claims. I could write my own book about a fictional messiah figure if I wanted.

As to who said anything about a young earth.
The dinosaurs bones proves the earth is alot older than what the young earth creationist realize.
Actually the earth is billions of years old and not 6000 years old as the young earth creationist are taught it is.

The claims in the Bible proves the earth is alot older than 6000 years old.
The bible proves the earth is billions of years old.

You make claims, but have no idea what the Bible supports or confirm's.

The dinosaurs bones are here to give witness to the fact, that the earth is alot older than what people are being taught.

You do know that the Bible even gives Prophecy about people like yourself that would come condemning what they don't understand or have knowledge about.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You may read the Bible, but you don't have a clue what the Bible supports and confirm's.

You don't need the Bible to know that there is a chair in your room, or that the sun is up. Start from what you can know and test all of your ideas.

I *do* have an idea what lengths people will go through to not have to deal with the inadequacies of the Bible and other religious texts. They commonly decide to deny reality for their myths.

The Bible is a book, produced by men, and showing how they thought at certain points of time. it is interesting as a way into the thoughts of some people. But it isn't reliable as a way of determining reality.