• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ToE and common ancestry of all life forms did not come from looking at the evidence

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So a lizard will always be a lizard right?
No, not always. Any new species within the group of lizards will be. It is possible that a million years from now there would be a species descended from a species descended from a species that would be different enough to be classified apart from lizards. But any single new arrival will be a lizard.

nonbeliever_92

Really? I have yet to see any offered?

I can see gravity work in my own life. How can I observe evolution happening in my own life?

Again, something I can see and test myself.

Can you observe "evolution" in your own personal life?

OMG Seriously!!!!

Can you observe animals spontatneously popping in from nowhere in your daily life?

RND

Seventh-day Adventist
No, not always. Any new species within the group of lizards will be.
That's adaptation.

It is possible that a million years from now there would be a species descended from a species descended from a species that would be different enough to be classified apart from lizards. But any single new arrival will be a lizard.
So again, why is it that we see -zero- evidence of this in current history?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So again, you believe monkeys gave rise to humans? Human beings evolved from monkeys! :D Hahahahaha!

No. Humans and monkeys both descended from a common ancestor. Human beings did not evolve from monkeys, and monkeys didn't evolve from human beings. Did you notice that you're the only one laughing?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
That's adaptation.
Well, you can use a word to mean whatever you want, but don't expect to be understood. When new species arise from old, Biologists, and people who know a little Biology, call that evolution.

Do you agree or disagree that new species arise from old in the way described?

So again, why is it that we see -zero- evidence of this in current history?
Again, we don't. We see mountains of it.

IS IT YOUR POSITION THAT NO NEW SPECIES EVER ARISE?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Just out of curiously, RND, were you raised without manners, or are you being deliberately rude by ignoring my reasonable, polite question?

RND

Seventh-day Adventist
No. Humans and monkeys both descended from a common ancestor.
That's hair-splitting frankly. What was the common ancestor? Usually it's depicted as a monkey.

Human beings did not evolve from monkeys, and monkeys didn't evolve from human beings. Did you notice that you're the only one laughing?
Yes, I did notice I'm the only one laughing. And that's the irony frankly. You believe this stuff.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
That's hair-splitting frankly. What was the common ancestor? Usually it's depicted as a monkey.
No, it's a huge difference.

Yes, I did notice I'm the only one laughing. And that's the irony frankly. You believe this stuff.
Yup. Me, the entire field of Biology, and the rest of the educated world. Hilarious, isn't it?

Alceste

Vagabond
Really? I have yet to see any offered?

In other words you have not clicked any of the provided links to evidence or read any of the posts containing evidence. Have you watched that video yet? It's only a few minutes long. A small child could understand it.

I can see gravity work in my own life. How can I observe evolution happening in my own life?

You could take your fingers out of your ears and take the blinders off.

Can you observe "evolution" in your own personal life?

Yes, if you are a biologist, or an epidemiologist, or a virologist, or a student in any of these disciplines, or know a biologist or biology student who is willing to give you a tour of his lab, or are willing to watch a documentary or read a book describing the wonderful and astonishing things these people have observed.

nonbeliever_92

It's never depicted as a monkey. and you believe in magical poppycock!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Here's what I'm trying to find out. Are you saying that every species now on earth has existed in its present form since some point in the ancient past? Or do you agree that we get new species that never before existed?

RND

Seventh-day Adventist
Just out of curiously, RND, were you raised without manners, or are you being deliberately rude by ignoring my reasonable, polite question?
I've answered each and everyone of your requests as best as possible. When your are the lone reasonable mind in the discussion getting queried from all sides it's easy to miss a comment here and there.

Question: How did manners evolve? Did monkeys have that as part of their DNA?