• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soul

no-body

Perhaps but even if there is some kind of unique soul that harbors parts of our ego and personality to animate human bodies there is still something beyond that which animates and transcends all. The one Life (energy) itself which even rocks, plants and lesser animals have.

4consideration

Premium Member
Nice, what is you religious 'label' or influence?

I don't use a label.

I find that eventually one may be inclined to reduce one's understanding of life to fit within a label. It was just too confining.

It was very liberating to declare myself free from labels. I think that expanding my understanding of Love (which I also refer to as God) to include all of life is a life-time process. So, that is the path I am on at this time.

St Giordano Bruno

If I were to believe in some form of soul I just use it as a synonym of ego or mind. That being said I have preference to referring it as those latter synonyms because they are less ambiguous than the concept of soul. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Does it exist?
What characteristics does it have?
How & when does a soul get attached to a particular human body?
Has the soul a special place in the body, does it reside in the heart, the brain, the liver,...?
Are the souls of men & women different (why & in which way)?
Do animals have souls?
Do plants have souls?
Is the number of souls limited?
Can the soul be touched by sin?
What happens to the soul after the body has died?
Is the soul affected by the way a body is buried (correct, incorrect)?
Can a soul die?
[Edit] Forgot one question: Can to souls unite to become one soul (for instance when 2 people marry)?

At the creation of Adam, after Adam received the breath of life, then Adam came to be a living soul.- Gen 2v7
According to Scripture then Adam existed as a living soul.
If obedient could remain alive as a living soul forever.
If disobedient would die and be a dead soul, or a destroyed soul.
When Adam died as a living soul, then Adam became a dead soul.
A dead soul or a lifeless soul.- Ecclesiastes 9v5.
Some souls have drowned at sea or burial at sea.
Doesn't matter because in the resurrection even the sea will give up its dead.
- Rev. 20v13 A.

As far as characteristics:
According to Leviticus [7 vs 18,20,25,27] the soul 'eats'.
According to Scripture Adam as a living soul did eat.
A soul can lust after something,- Deut. 12v15,20,21
A soul can be hungry and have appetite.
- Psalm 107v9;Proverbs 19v15; 27v7; Isaiah 29v8; 32v6; Micah 7v1
A soul can be thirsty.- Proverbs 25v25
A soul can be made fat according to Proverbs 11v25
A soul can diet or do fasting according to Psalm 35v13
A soul can touch the dead.- Lev. 5v2;7v21;17v15; 22v6
A soul can can be touched by sin.- Lev. 6v2; Ezekiel 18vs4,20
A soul can work.- Lev. 23v30
A soul can be destroyed.- Lev.23v30; Acts 3v23
A soul can be purchased.-Lev. 22v11
A soul can be sleepless.- Psalm 119v28
A soul can die.- Ezekiel 18vs4,20; James 5v20
A soul can be resurrected out of hell [sheol] Psalm 16v10; Acts 2vs27,31,32

Animals do Not have souls because animals like people are souls.
- Numbers 31v28 Plants are not souls, nor possess a soul.
Souls do not unite. Each person [or animal] is its own separate soul or person.

So, the 'biblical soul' is the person himself.
The non-biblical myth is the teaching of an immortal soul or death-proof soul.
The dead soul or person can be resurrected to heaven [Rev 20v6;5vs9,10],
or be resurrected on earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth when all the dead souls [persons] in the 'biblical hell' [sheol], which is the common grave of mankind, will be 'delivered up' [resurrected] out of the common grave and then vacant, emptied-out hell is cast into a symbolic second death.
-Rev. 20vs13,14.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Does it exist?

In a sense, yes. There really are no individual souls, as souls are One with Spirit / God. Each soul is a piece of a whole, connected to all other natural things, all gods, the Grand Architect, and Spirit itself.

What characteristics does it have?
Eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, perfectly balanced (not all-loving)...

How & when does a soul get attached to a particular human body?
At the creation of that body I suppose. The soul could not be attached to you before you existed. Since the soul is eternal, it was simply in something else natural before you existed. Common reincarnation will say it was in another animal, but it could have been in anything natural from a planet who's life ended to an entire universe (not ours obviously, since our universe has not ended (yet)).

Has the soul a special place in the body, does it reside in the heart, the brain, the liver,...?
Since it is not physical, it really does not rest anywhere. I would probably simply say the soul is indistinct from the Kundalini Serpent,

Are the souls of men & women different (why & in which way)?
Absolutely not. Since all souls are One in reality, there is no difference between any of them on any level. A god has the same soul as us, they are simply more in tuned with it.

Do animals have souls?
Do plants have souls?
Yes. So do planets, galaxies, starts, rocks, universes, etc. It is just not in the same sense we generally view souls. Soul is the sames as a Spiritual energy.

Is the number of souls limited?
Spirit is infinite, so no. But there is not a certain limit of things that can have natural Spiritual energy / a soul.

Can the soul be touched by sin?
In a way, I suppose. Doing immoral things will in no way aid someone in reconnecting with Spirit. There is no heaven and hell, but to me, living in the life of a human being another time would be far worse than burning in hell. Especially with the way things are going downhill these days. Of course, I believe that after a certain amount of times in a certain state of consciousness the soul itself tries to reconnect, forcing the body to follow suit and seek mysticism. To deny your True Will, the Will of your soul, is quite unhealthy.

What happens to the soul after the body has died?
It either moves into a new body in the same general state of consciousness or moves to a higher state of consciousness.

Is the soul affected by the way a body is buried (correct, incorrect)?
Absolutely not. The body is useless after death.

Can a soul die?
No.

Forgot one question: Can to souls unite to become one soul (for instance when 2 people marry)?
All souls are one piece of the big puzzle: Spirit. They are all from the same source and return to the same source.. This is why soul mates exist. You will meet people who seem like a sibling on a spiritual level also, as well as soul mates, family members, etc. All pieces of the same puzzle.

Last edited by a moderator: