• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The son of god?

rusra02

Premium Member
Do you have any evidence that those statements where from Yeshua and if they where how do you know they where truthful?
How does one know any historical event occurred? The four separate accounts of Jesus life and ministry bear all the marks of historicity. Places and people mentioned in the Bible really existed and are confirmed by secular sources. The men who wrote these accounts were willing to seal their testimony with their lives, suffering persecution and death for their beliefs. Eyewitnesses abounded at many of the events recorded in the Bible, and no one has successfully refuted these accounts. I find the evidence convincing that Jesus said and did the things recorded by truthful eyewitnesses and careful historians.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The Jews also sometimes call the God as the Father. The Christians also claim they are the children/sons of God. Thus, you are allegedly suppose to claim that you you are also the son of God, don't you?
having recited the Lord's Prayer.....only God knows how many times....
I have come to realize my situation....

heaven heard me....so too the devil....

I picture the scene very simply....
I stand from this dust I walk around in....having surrendered the last breath....
heaven comes to see what stood from the dust.
the devil as well

if I have performed as indicated by the Prayer....fine ....good...

if not...
the angelic of heaven will turn and move away
the devil behind me will laugh....'oh! thou son of God?'

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you mean if Jesus is God, the Bible doesn't say it.. so I wouldn't assume he is.

If you mean son as in child. According to the Bible, we are all children of god. Jesus isn't an exception.

Do I believe it as a personal faith? No, I don't.
if there is any truth in the reports made......Jesus was VERY exceptional

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
if there is any truth in the reports made......Jesus was VERY exceptional

He didnt say he was god. He said he was god's son and son of man.

Abrahamic believers are children of god. The difference (not exception) with christ is his god chose him to be the messiah. That doesnt make him god. Just chosen.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
He didnt say he was god. He said he was god's son and son of man.

Abrahamic believers are children of god. The difference (not exception) with christ is his god chose him to be the messiah. That doesnt make him god. Just chosen.
walking on water and raising the dead.....is exceptional

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
walking on water and raising the dead.....is exceptional

Moses parting the red sea. Jesus raising the dead. Was not done because they were god. It was done because they had faith in god.

Remember when jesus "raised the dead". The ill man was puzzled. Jesus asked "do you have faith in god" he said yes. Jesus says "by faith, you were cured."

Have to find the exact scripture. All the prophets and messiah did things because of their faith in god not of their own doing.

Jesus isnt "exceptional" in that context. He is a child of god just like every other christian, prophet, muslim, and jew. In that context (which was my point) he isnt exceptional. Just chosen.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Moses parting the red sea. Jesus raising the dead. Was not done because they were god. It was done because they had faith in god.

Remember when jesus "raised the dead". The ill man was puzzled. Jesus asked "do you have faith in god" he said yes. Jesus says "by faith, you were cured."

Have to find the exact scripture. All the prophets and messiah did things because of their faith in god not of their own doing.

Jesus isnt "exceptional" in that context. He is a child of god just like every other christian, prophet, muslim, and jew. In that context (which was my point) he isnt exceptional. Just chosen.
I have not heard of anyone greater

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have not heard of anyone greater

Thats were personal belief comes in. I feel The Buddha summed up well the nature of life, how we live, and so forth. Various other religions in my personal opinions seem like pieces of a whole.

However, The Buddha, unlike Christ, did not put himself on a petalstool. He said we are one in mind. He is no different.

With Jesus, I dont believe his being human exclude him from placing himself higher than sinners..even those who disagreed with him.

Anyway. I dont see the difference in believing jesus is god or not. I just know he isnt.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
How does one know any historical event occurred? The four separate accounts of Jesus life and ministry bear all the marks of historicity. Places and people mentioned in the Bible really existed and are confirmed by secular sources. The men who wrote these accounts were willing to seal their testimony with their lives, suffering persecution and death for their beliefs. Eyewitnesses abounded at many of the events recorded in the Bible, and no one has successfully refuted these accounts. I find the evidence convincing that Jesus said and did the things recorded by truthful eyewitnesses and careful historians.

Many fictional stories take place in real places.

Though the Bible claims eyewitnesses no other accounts do.

There is no need to refute an event that did not occur, you have the burden off proof not skeptics.

None of the books of the new testament where written by eye witness.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
walk on water....raise the dead....
feed thousands at a moments notice....no provisions on hand....
blind see....lame walk....

and the parables are a masterpiece of logic

You appear to not be well read if you do not know of more impressive claims or writing.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thats were personal belief comes in. I feel The Buddha summed up well the nature of life, how we live, and so forth. Various other religions in my personal opinions seem like pieces of a whole.

However, The Buddha, unlike Christ, did not put himself on a petalstool. He said we are one in mind. He is no different.

With Jesus, I dont believe his being human exclude him from placing himself higher than sinners..even those who disagreed with him.

Anyway. I dont see the difference in believing jesus is god or not. I just know he isnt.
Jesus did not put Himself on that cross
He just saw it coming

Brother and fellow servant He said of Himself.

I see no pedestal.