• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 'Sissy Boy' Experiment.

GabrielWithoutWings

Some of the most harrowing cases of psychological and medical malpractice involve attempts to change a child's gender or sexual identity. Not only have such misguided "therapies" often resulted in patients' suicides, but they also repeatedly appear to foster scientific misconduct.
In back-to-back shows on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper is exploring the tragic case history of Kirk Andrew Murphy. His story has been cited as evidence that the use of punitive behavioral therapy can prevent "sissy boys" from growing up gay. But Murphy's family believes such "therapy" ultimately led to his suicide.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Great article. It is sad how sick some people are. It are reasons such as these that Megan Fox (to his a pop-culture example) wished that Megatron would just level the whole Bible-belt. I am undecided about where our sexual orientation comes from - if it is socially constructed or biological, or a mixture of both - but attempting to change it is absurd. It is not a problem just like there is nothing wrong with being a red head.

no-body

how is this in anyway ethical or legal? reminds me of the "monster study" trying to induce stuttering in children. Any "doctor" attempting to "cure" gay, transgendered, whatever should have their licenses revoked immediately and face jail time.

It is always darkly comic how the people who advocate this crazy nonsense turn out to be self hating queers.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
My three-year-old son wants to be a girl, wanted to be one since he was two. He has feminine traits - more verbal than most boys, says things in terms of "pretty" and "beautiful", roleplays with dolls more than plays with other toys, and his favorite color is pink. He pretty much wants to wear dresses or barrettes every day, and likes to twirl in front of the mirror in dresses.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops, but there's nooooo way I'd try to change him. He's adorable whatever he does/is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My three-year-old son wants to be a girl, wanted to be one since he was two. He has feminine traits - more verbal than most boys, says things in terms of "pretty" and "beautiful", roleplays with dolls more than plays with other toys, and his favorite color is pink. He pretty much wants to wear dresses or barrettes every day, and likes to twirl in front of the mirror in dresses.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops, but there's nooooo way I'd try to change him. He's adorable whatever he does/is.

Yay for you! And yay for him!

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Sure, you're accepting now.
But what if he told you he wanted to become a Revoltifarian?
Then he would risk some serious ostracizing.

Kudos for letting him be who he is.

Songbird

Sure, you're accepting now.
But what if he told you he wanted to become a Revoltifarian?
Then he would risk some serious ostracizing.

Kudos for letting him be who he is.

I draw the line at Revoltifarianism.

Besides, I've already burned bacon. I doubt I could ever grace the door of a Revoltifarian's home.

And thanks. :)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, Songbird....you seem comfortable with his orientation, but what concerns have you for the extra difficulties he'll face?

Songbird

Hey, Songbird....you seem comfortable with his orientation, but what concerns have you for the extra difficulties he'll face?

Good question. I'm not sure yet, Mister R. I have some apprehensions, but I don't know how much society will change in ten or twenty years, or what experiences he'll have in school. So far he is my happiest, most laid-back child, and I suspect he'll easily make friends. Whether he'll want to go to school in dresses...

I make off-the-wall offspring. My oldest son has sensory integration dysfunction but does well academically. My daughter has been a vegetarian on and off since she was four, of her own persistent volition. She used to have the worst knock-down, violent tantrums. It seemed she literally went crazy for 10 minutes when she went Chernobyl. Now she's incredibly empathetic, can't stand the idea of eating animals until her chicken nugget craving overtakes her.

And the youngest learned to read when he was two, about the same time he wanted to be a girl. At this point, who knows if this is passing or permanent.

Last edited: