• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

Misty

Misty- do you have a response to the ^above^?

Since you are Grannyto5, if one of your five was an unwanted child which one would you have chosen to abort?

They were all wanted and planned. When my children decided that no more children were wanted, one was sterilised (as I was) and the other's husband had the snip.

groovyable

This is my personal view....

If a young child boy/girl was playing in the living room and knocked a glass varse and broke it, would you personally repect a parent to grab the arm of the child and place it in a fire place to burn the child as a punishment?

so do christians expect this as a good punishment? seriously.......

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Seriously.........

Hell is simply being without the One you love most.
Isn't that One, suppose to be God?

If you believe in eternal life....
And that life is without the One you love....
Is it not eternal hell?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

So-called Christians.

After first century Christianity ended as Acts [20vs29,30] brings out that oppressive wolf-like clergy, dressed in sheep's clothing, would fleece the flock.

Everlasting punishment in Scripture is destruction or annihilation for the wicked.
Instead of eternal life it is eternal death in unconsciousness- Ecc 9vs5,10

So genuine Christians do Not expect burning as punishment.
Burning is a pagan concept of hell or hell fire.
The Biblical hell is the common grave of all mankind until resurrection day or the peaceful thousand-year day of Jesus reigning over earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
'"life for life"

According to Exodus 21v23 the unborn is considered a life.

Public law [Mosaic law] said life should be given for life, or in other words, soul for soul.

As far as 'public' law today Christians are Not to interfere with Caesar's law.
[Jesus did not interfere with Roman law]
However, Christians following the Bible principles and standards would not agree to take a life even if Caesar says it is alright to do so, regardless of what the world around them is doing because Christians are to view God's law as 'absolute' whereas man's law are 'relative' to God's supreme laws.

Wotan: the ^above^ was my reply on 8/10 post # 2848

Hawkins

That's a twisted concept in the first place. God never said that everyone is His child. He only treat those whose names are written in the Book of Life as His children but no others.

Thus He won't put any of His children into Hell. How this so we don't know though. That is, we as humans never understand what pre-destination actually is. We do know that we have a choice to make, and a wrong choice could lead to a bad consequence. It is prophecied that humans will divide, that is, to be with God and not. Those chose 'not' may finally go to a dead end, this dead end is just as bad as one will become after leaving God permanently.

Moreover, how can you deny God as your father on one hand, and expect Him to treat you as His child on the other? Alternatively speaking, if you deny that God is your father, perhaps you are not His child at all.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Isn't loving and jealous an oxymoron?

In Scripture jealous or jealousy may be a positive or negative emotion.

A husband can jealously protect or guard his wife as precious to him from harm's way.

Malicious acts towards God's people will cause God to feel as if touching them is touching his eyeball. [Zech 2v8].
Zech [8v2] says God was jealous for Zion because of the nation's bad acts toward her. The same for Jerusalem [1v14]

It is 'envy' that is more like improper jealousy.
One that suspects another with out adequate cause.
Recall the account of Joseph in Genesis?
His brothers had an improper jealousy/ envious toward him.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
They were all wanted and planned. When my children decided that no more children were wanted, one was sterilised (as I was) and the other's husband had the snip.

How blessed you are to have such a sensible family.

But what if one of your five grandchildren was unwanted, which one would you abort?___________

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's a twisted concept in the first place. God never said that everyone is His child. He only treat those whose names are written in the Book of Life as His children but no others.
Thus He won't put any of His children into Hell. How this so we don't know though. That is, we as humans never understand what pre-destination actually is. We do know that we have a choice to make, and a wrong choice could lead to a bad consequence. It is prophecied that humans will divide, that is, to be with God and not. Those chose 'not' may finally go to a dead end, this dead end is just as bad as one will become after leaving God permanently.
Moreover, how can you deny God as your father on one hand, and expect Him to treat you as His child on the other? Alternatively speaking, if you deny that God is your father, perhaps you are not His child at all.

But wasn't one of God's children into hell?_________

Isn't Jesus a Son of God?
Wasn't Jesus in hell according to Acts 2vs27,31?

Jesus was in hell until God resurrected him.
However, Jesus believed hell was mankind's common grave.
The pagan hell of burning is not the Biblical hell.
Jesus said his dead friend was in a deep sleep like state. John 11vs11-14
Jesus would have learned that from the Hebrew Scriptures such as:
Ecclesiastes 9v5,10; Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4; Daniel 12vs2,13

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I read it. It does NOT address the point.
You don't approve of abortion on religious grounds. Big whoppee, don't have one.
WHY does your superstition give you the right to tell OTHERS they can't?

Thank you for reading Wotan.

Where does it say in Scripture to tell others they can't?_____
'Tell' in the sense of bossing another.

Scripture equates: life for life.
People being free moral agents choose for themselves.
People choose between what God's Word [Bible] says is right and wrong,
or people choose to decide for themselves what they think is right or wrong in their own eyes or viewpoint.

Christians are not to interfere with 'Caesar's law'
That is for each person to decide.
Christians are to 'teach' Scripture so a person can make an informed decision on what they hear. Decisions should not be made for another. Each is responsible for their own actions.

Yes, some 'so-called Christians' try to force their viewpoint on another and sometimes in a tragic way. That does not make the Bible wrong it makes the person wrong.

Hope the ^above^ is of some help.

Wotan

"Yes, some 'so-called Christians' try to force their viewpoint on another and sometimes in a tragic way. That does not make the Bible wrong it makes the person wrong. "

Yeah, and there is no true Scotsman either.:rolleyes:

walmul

I really am looking to understand God, but not this God that humans teach, but the real God of Love , Joy and Peace. Not this God of eternal hell punishing, but the God of Patience, forgiveness and Mercy. You know, the real God, not this insane lunatic that many are trying to pass God off as being. You know, this lunatic that will place humans in this eternal Pain amphlipier and punish them for billions upon trillions of untold time and on into infinity. I just can't imagine how out of control this hell fire belief has gotten. And how much these bloodthirsty christians who teach it have ruined Gods reputation.

The eternal punishing of anything, muchless a human, is a sick concept, yet many believers have swallowed it into their belief, hook, line and sinker. And THAT is evidence of just how much foolishness we will absorb.

Two thousand years ago Jesus introduced him to us, but then the scribes who were supposed to write the real story were influenced by their peers, the church of the time to mix his teachings with that of religion, Constantine did not help either, he made sure HELL was understood in capital letters especially concerning what is due to the king here on earth, and that fantastic fear is alive and well to this very day.

I cannot recall the book chapter and verse this minute, but remember Jesus at one stage said, those who do not take his word will stay under the punishment of God, theology like to interpret it as "burn in hell". should we however look at Isaiah who later played the part of John the Baptist and you read his life as Isaiah and then as John with attention you realize that this guy as Isaiah were no angel, he in a manner of speaking played both sides of the fence back then, as John he lived a decent life and tried very hard to do the right thing. Remember Jesus said that as John he was one of the best people on earth, but in heaven he was less than the least.

Perhaps as John his life here on earth was the last payback for the mistakes of previous lives and the punishment for mistakes he has made, making the punishment of God learning all the mysteries of life over many different life times untill you understand, and only then are we allowed to become part of a higher more meaningful life, a life in all it's fullness, a life in helping to create new physical beings assisting the holy spirit in finding life forms to put new life (spirit) into.

Look at it this way; space is infinate and creation will never stop.

Perhaps the reason why Jesus said; "investigate ALL THINGS, but hold on to that which is good.

walmul.

mickiel

Two thousand years ago Jesus introduced him to us, but then the scribes who were supposed to write the real story were influenced by their peers, the church of the time to mix his teachings with that of religion, Constantine did not help either, he made sure HELL was understood in capital letters especially concerning what is due to the king here on earth, and that fantastic fear is alive and well to this very day.

I cannot recall the book chapter and verse this minute, but remember Jesus at one stage said, those who do not take his word will stay under the punishment of God, theology like to interpret it as "burn in hell". should we however look at Isaiah who later played the part of John the Baptist and you read his life as Isaiah and then as John with attention you realize that this guy as Isaiah were no angel, he in a manner of speaking played both sides of the fence back then, as John he lived a decent life and tried very hard to do the right thing. Remember Jesus said that as John he was one of the best people on earth, but in heaven he was less than the least.

Perhaps as John his life here on earth was the last payback for the mistakes of previous lives and the punishment for mistakes he has made, making the punishment of God learning all the mysteries of life over many different life times untill you understand, and only then are we allowed to become part of a higher more meaningful life, a life in all it's fullness, a life in helping to create new physical beings assisting the holy spirit in finding life forms to put new life (spirit) into.

Look at it this way; space is infinate and creation will never stop.

Perhaps the reason why Jesus said; "investigate ALL THINGS, but hold on to that which is good.

walmul.

Very well written, I agree.

I believe there is a higher more meaningful life , I just also believe its meant for and waiting for us all.

Peace.

Misty

In Scripture jealous or jealousy may be a positive or negative emotion.

A husband can jealously protect or guard his wife as precious to him from harm's way.

Malicious acts towards God's people will cause God to feel as if touching them is touching his eyeball. [Zech 2v8].
Zech [8v2] says God was jealous for Zion because of the nation's bad acts toward her. The same for Jerusalem [1v14]

It is 'envy' that is more like improper jealousy.
One that suspects another with out adequate cause.
Recall the account of Joseph in Genesis?
His brothers had an improper jealousy/ envious toward him.

My husband would have found his dangly bits tight around his neck if he had jealously protected me.:eek: Jealousy is WRONG for humans and a deity!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My husband would have found his dangly bits tight around his neck if he had jealously protected me.:eek: Jealousy is WRONG for humans and a deity!

I think you missed the point. I was not talking about his being envious of you, or insanely jealous of you, but guarding you from harm's way.

Even if you had an heirloom piece of family Jewelry that had a lot of sentimental value to you, would you lay it out on the curb for anyone to take, or would you properly protect it from being harmed so that you could possibly pass it down to a beloved family member? If something is of value or precious to you, don't you naturally want to guard it because you have a form of protective jealousy toward it?
Surely your life is more precious than jewelry, so there would be nothing wrong with your husband jealously guarding and protecting you from harm.

We are not talking about suspicious about you, or not trusting you, but important enough to him to care to protect you.