• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming of Christs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyesays

Becoming aware of one's own divine nature is akin to seeing a UFO or Bigfoot.

How can you possibly explain it without looking like a fool?

Until the unbelievers actually experience it themselves, they will likey stay unbelievers.

x

I can give you chapter and verse of when I became aware of my spiritual nature, one was a dream. The other was riding in the back of a pick up laying on my back staring at the stars and deciding to become a baha`i officially.

The pick up trucvk experience was the direct result of the dream.

I still have those experiences occasionally to this day.

It did not require a "Living Master" at all.

regards,
Scott

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
You don't need a living master to have them. You need a living master to help control them.

x

Kcnorwood

No, its not a typo.

I will argue the church has it wrong.

What is referred to in the bible as the second coming of Christ is not about Jesus as a singular person.

Its about a segment of humanity reaching spiritual maturity ahead of the masses that aren't quite ready yet. These people are going to be much like myself. They use no holy books to guide them, but rely upon personal revelation to illumine the road ahead.

This will bring them into conflict with those that limp along on religious blind faith alone.

This is the true Armageddon.

How say ye?

x

I say you better run before the christians here stone ya! :p

A. Ben-Shema

I can give you chapter and verse of when I became aware of my spiritual nature, one was a dream. The other was riding in the back of a pick up laying on my back staring at the stars and deciding to become a baha`i officially.

The pick up trucvk experience was the direct result of the dream.

I still have those experiences occasionally to this day.

It did not require a "Living Master" at all.

Scott,

Do you really know the difference between a dream and a 'Visionary' Spiritual Experience? Do you know where dreams come from? Ask any psychologist.

I personally believe that Paul/Saul was having dreams - not genuine Spiritual experiences.

Peace & Love :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
You don't need a living master to have them. You need a living master to help control them.

No, I don't.

Whoever told you you needed a living master was a human the same as you are. Why should you believe them?

A. Ben-Shema

How did you get back there to be a witness to those events -- TARDIS maybe?

Say Hello to the Doctor for me.

Are you personally a witness to any of the events which happened some 163 years ago with your Master? :shrug:

Maybe it is you who need a doctor! :D

Popeyesays

Are you personally a witness to any of the events which happened some 163 years ago with your Master? :shrug:

The only thing you would benefit from a human master is a lesson in courtesty.

"We, verily, have chosen courtesy, and made it the true mark of such as are nigh unto Him. Courtesy is, in truth, a raiment which fitteth all men, whether young or old. Well is it with him that adorneth his temple therewith, and woe unto him who is deprived of this great bounty. Hadst thou been sincere in thy words, thou wouldst have not cast behind thy back the Book of God, when it was sent unto thee by Him."
(Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 50)

A. Ben-Shema

Why is it that when I reply to Booko, Popeyesays replies with some irrelevant comment, and then when I reply to Popeyesays, Booko replies with a likewise irrelevant comment?

Are you a double act? :slap: Can you not each speak for yourself? :foot: Or are you just trying to get out of replying truthfully? :run: Or perhaps just trying to confuse the issues! :rolleyes:

Angelfire

Scott,

Do you really know the difference between a dream and a 'Visionary' Spiritual Experience? Do you know where dreams come from? Ask any psychologist.

I personally believe that Paul/Saul was having dreams - not genuine Spiritual experiences.
:no:

Ben, Ben, Ben, If you havent got anything to say other than to deride others, ZIP IT.
:ignore:

Peace

rocka21

Brother Rock
Scott,

4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

then how was he blinded? did it happen in his dream?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
:eek:
Gal 1:17-20
(17) Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
(18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
(19) But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
(20) Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

Mat 5:37
(37) But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
:confused:

Booko

Deviled Hen

It's a Doctor Who reference embedded in an otherwise serious question. I'm sorry you didn't catch the reference, but maybe this will help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardis

Let me try the serious question again in a clearer fashion: Since you were not there to witness Paul/Saul's experience, who the heck are you to presume to make such a judgment about it?

You're working off the same recorded traditions everyone else is working from. If you want to speculate, knock yourself out, but all it is is speculation and you might clearly label it as such instead of calling every unsubstantiated opinion of yours TRUTH!!!

Furthermore, I don't have a "Master." I thought I had made that perfectly clear in several previous posts.

Apparently not, so let me be crystal clear on this as well:

If you think you need some mere fellow human to tell you what to do, that's your prerogative to do so, but kindly don't presume I feel any need to do so.

Ozzie

No, its not a typo.

I will argue the church has it wrong.

What is referred to in the bible as the second coming of Christ is not about Jesus as a singular person.

Its about a segment of humanity reaching spiritual maturity ahead of the masses that aren't quite ready yet. These people are going to be much like myself. They use no holy books to guide them, but rely upon personal revelation to illumine the road ahead.

This will bring them into conflict with those that limp along on religious blind faith alone.

This is the true Armageddon.

How say ye?

x
Pretty true in the respect that if that "segment of humanity" whose need is for Jesus to reappear is organised and powerful enough, then conflict is inevitable with those segment of humanity not having the same need. Armaggedon would be a worst case scenario.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Why is it that when I reply to Booko, Popeyesays replies with some irrelevant comment, and then when I reply to Popeyesays, Booko replies with a likewise irrelevant comment?

It's a public thread. Anyone can say what they like, so long as it falls within RF rules.

If you are new to forums generally and need further explanation about how forums work, you can ask over in Site Feedback and see if one of your fellows who's been around forums would be willing to take the time to explain it to you.

People tend to be helpful when they're asked questions in a manner that is polite and sincere.

Status
Not open for further replies.