• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The scriptures are hard to understand

Milton Platt

I just don't see it that way ...
1. How is it superfluous if it helps you grow spiritually?
2. And how is it superfluous if even though (hypothetically) you don't know how to read; yet the person who actually told you about the gospel learned the gospel from the Bible?

1. If you can be saved without it, it isn't necessary to the most important function of Christianity. And it is superfluous to an illiterate person, because that person cannot understand what it says.
2. Because you would have no idea (as an illiterate) whether what you were hearing is what is actually what the Bible said, or worse, meant. You would only have another's person's opinions and interpretations. How do you objectively verify the veracity of that person???.

Hawkins

1. No, you don't need evidence to believe something. You need evidence to know that the belief is true.
2. Faith utterly fails as a way to truth. There is pretty much nothing you cannot believe solely on faith.

You don't even have the evidence that earth is revolving around the sun, or do you. 99.99% humans don't even need to rely on evidence to get to such a fact !

Get a clue!

Milton Platt

You don't even have the evidence that earth is revolving around the sun, or do you. 99.99% humans don't even need to rely on evidence to get to such a fact !

Get a clue!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
There is no evidence the earth orbits the sun????? Really, is that the best you have????

One does not have to have the evidence in one’s own pocket to know the evidence exists, is readily available, and has been verified many times over.

If you have anything like the quality and quantity on evidence avaiable to demonstrate the existence of a holy spirit that we have for the orbit of the esrth, bring it on. The world is waiting.

InChrist

Free4ever
There are as many authentics as there are people. We each embody our own truth.
Such a statement strikes me as not only illogical, but untrue according to common sense reality and definitely according to the scriptures, which plainly state Jesus Christ alone embodies the truth...

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” John 18:37

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Such a statement strikes me as not only illogical, but untrue according to common sense reality and definitely according to the scriptures, which plainly state Jesus Christ alone embodies the truth...

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” John 18:37
Do they? Is the article “the” present in the Greek texts?