• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Real Reality

Master Vigil

Master Vigil
Thank you so very much for your thoughts on this thread.
I have absorbed all comments that you've shared, as i did with everyone else that has replied.
I particularily appreciate your acknowledgement that i was sharing my feelings, and that you did not jump to condemn me, or assume that i was attacking anyone.
You are on the right path my friend. We must always remember the virtue of humility, especially when dealing with morality and spirituality. A bowed head speaks more than a shouting one.

Treat a shout as a whisper,
treat a whisper as a shout.
When listening be devout,
When speaking... less is more.

True love is wordless.
God's love is wordless.
Since human's have a such a hard time understanding God's love. They use words (symbols that represent something else) to try to make it easier to understand. But it sometimes makes it more complicated and difficult. The bible is like this, which is why the jews and early christians never took scripture at face value. There were always specially trained, (and spiritually gifted) people who were able to explain the scriptures. Once people started trying to understand it themselves, it became more complicated again and we ended up with schizms and reformations. :D Don't get caught in words... get caught in examples.

There is a great book you may like. It is called "Great Spirits, 1000-2000. The Fifty-two Christians who most influenced their millenium." It has very short biographies on great examples, from St. Anselm, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, and St. Catherine of Siena, as well as Blaise Pascal, George Fox, William Blake, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, Jr, and SO MANY MORE!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I don't think you have received the feedback that you were looking for....But day by day, word by word, God's word will not return void.....
Reality is revealed by the lack of response, without truth there is no conviction and God forbid if you have conviction then you have change.....For years people have fought change they are complacent....Each person must decide their own course.
Keep the Faith and I wish you peace

Charity