• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It doesn't say that. It says: Acts 1:9And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
The heaven referred to hear is the sky and the stars. The apostles can't see how far He was taken because the clouds obscured their sight.
Yes but that is because it is a spiritual kingdom. Flesh and blood inherits a physical kingdom.
I Cor 15:44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
Either there is a body or a spirit but not both. The next verse that you refer to explains that it is a body like Adam's but instead of having a living soul it has a life giving spirit. It is difficult to see a difference and I am not sure there is one.

Agree the clouds obscured Jesus from their sight.

Who is being addressed at 1st Cor chapter 15 but as verse 50 mentions Jesus 'brothers'. These are the same 'brothers' of Matthew 25v40 that the 'sheep' treat well. It is Jesus 'brothers' that put on immortality because they rule in the heavens with Jesus as kings and priest for a thousand years. [Rev5vs9,10; 20v6]
With Jesus they rule subjects or citizens of God's kingdom living on earth.
Those living on earth will receive, not immortality, but as Jesus promised everlasting life. Perfect human life of healthy mind and body as Adam originally had at creation.
Not all go to heaven but are part of the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.
Genesis 12v3;22vs17,18; Psalm 37vs11,29.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Agree the clouds obscured Jesus from their sight.

Who is being addressed at 1st Cor chapter 15 but as verse 50 mentions Jesus 'brothers'. These are the same 'brothers' of Matthew 25v40 that the 'sheep' treat well. It is Jesus 'brothers' that put on immortality because they rule in the heavens with Jesus as kings and priest for a thousand years. [Rev5vs9,10; 20v6]
With Jesus they rule subjects or citizens of God's kingdom living on earth.
Those living on earth will receive, not immortality, but as Jesus promised everlasting life. Perfect human life of healthy mind and body as Adam originally had at creation.
Not all go to heaven but are part of the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.
Genesis 12v3;22vs17,18; Psalm 37vs11,29.

Paul is addressing Christian brethren and the name of Jesus is not mentioned in this verse. Since Christian brethren are being addressed in general then I am included in that number also.

This opens my eyes because I thought the passage was more inclusive in Mt 25.
The reality is however that we don't know who will take up the mantle of "brethren" at the rapture. The invitation to be saved is still an open invitation even unto the end of the world. I suppose this means that until the person is saved we are not under the obligation of Mt 25 to him.

This is what I Co says: I Cor15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

That does not mean that a person couldn't die but only that death would not be from natural causes ie old age. Since there are no wars, people don't die in battle. Since there is healing for diesease, people don't die from disease. Since the earth is at peace with its people there are no natural disasters to cause death. All that is left is accident and choice. My educated guess is that both will be rare.

Eternal life is spiritual life. Since the spirit never stops existing this life may be eternal. Since it is extremely unlikely that a person would turn away from the life Jesus gives, it is really life and not just existence or death. I have eternal life right now as should any Christian. However this depends on whether a person has made Jesus Lord in reality as opposed to merely confession. Sin brings spiritual death; salvation from sin brings life.

All who wish to go will go provided that they are willing to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Adam did Not have an eternal spirit. When Adam was cut off from his source of life [God/Creator] by sin, then along with the breath of life Adam lost the spirit of life.
Adam did not have life's spirit without the breath of life- Gen 2v7.

Like a fan unplugged from its source of power it slowly slows down and stops.
At death Adam stopped altogether. From dust Adam returned to dust or non-existence.

Adam became permanently dead, whereas when Jesus died and was in hell for part of three days until God resurrected him, [Acts 2vs27,31] Jesus was temporarily dead. As Jesus believed the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrection day. Acts 24v15. Or the thousand year millennial-long day. During that time frame the happy climax of Revelation [21v4] will result in: 'no more death'.

Jesus got the idea about the dead [John 11vs11-14] from the Hebrew Scriptures.
Such as: Ecclesiastes 9v5; Psalms 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4.

So as a light bulb goes out when it is turned off from its source, we too go out, so to speak, when sin's death cuts us off from the spirit of life. The only way that spirit or spirit of life returns is via resurrection to either heaven or earth.-Acts 24v15

Recall the 'sheep' [righteous] of Matthew 25v40 are Not Jesus brothers.
It is Jesus 'brothers' that Jesus calls to heaven after death. The earthly sheep remain right here on earth.

Like earthly Adam, the sheep are offered eternal or everlasting life.- Matt 25v46.
No accidental death. -Rev 21v4.
Whereas Jesus resurrected 'brothers' are offered immortality in the heavens. -Rev 20v6; 5vs9,10.
Isn't that why Jesus could say he had a little flock [brothers] besides the other sheep that were not of the little flock?
Luke 12v32; John 10v16.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Adam did Not have an eternal spirit. When Adam was cut off from his source of life [God/Creator] by sin, then along with the breath of life Adam lost the spirit of life.
Adam did not have life's spirit without the breath of life- Gen 2v7.

Like a fan unplugged from its source of power it slowly slows down and stops.
At death Adam stopped altogether. From dust Adam returned to dust or non-existence.

Adam became permanently dead, whereas when Jesus died and was in hell for part of three days until God resurrected him, [Acts 2vs27,31] Jesus was temporarily dead. As Jesus believed the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrection day. Acts 24v15. Or the thousand year millennial-long day. During that time frame the happy climax of Revelation [21v4] will result in: 'no more death'.

Jesus got the idea about the dead [John 11vs11-14] from the Hebrew Scriptures.
Such as: Ecclesiastes 9v5; Psalms 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4.

So as a light bulb goes out when it is turned off from its source, we too go out, so to speak, when sin's death cuts us off from the spirit of life. The only way that spirit or spirit of life returns is via resurrection to either heaven or earth.-Acts 24v15

Recall the 'sheep' [righteous] of Matthew 25v40 are Not Jesus brothers.
It is Jesus 'brothers' that Jesus calls to heaven after death. The earthly sheep remain right here on earth.

Like earthly Adam, the sheep are offered eternal or everlasting life.- Matt 25v46.
No accidental death. -Rev 21v4.
Whereas Jesus resurrected 'brothers' are offered immortality in the heavens. -Rev 20v6; 5vs9,10.
Isn't that why Jesus could say he had a little flock [brothers] besides the other sheep that were not of the little flock?
Luke 12v32; John 10v16.

The text indicates other wise: Ge. 1:28 ....over everyliving thing that moveth upon the earth. Ge 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became aliving soul.

This is theological mumbo jumbo.

Jesus could not have believed that and tell that parable of Lazarus and the beggar.

Jesus as God in the flesh doesn not get ideas from scripture; He is the author of scripture.

This is pure balderdash. How then does the witch of Endor call up the spirit of Samuel?

If you remain here you will die and most likely be swallowed up into Hell.

The little flock are the Jewish disciples and the other flock are Gentiles. Did you miss the fact that Jesus says it will be one flock?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The text indicates other wise: Ge. 1:28 ....over everyliving thing that moveth upon the earth. Ge 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became aliving soul.
This is theological mumbo jumbo.
Jesus could not have believed that and tell that parable of Lazarus and the beggar.
Jesus as God in the flesh doesn not get ideas from scripture; He is the author of scripture.
This is pure balderdash. How then does the witch of Endor call up the spirit of Samuel?
If you remain here you will die and most likely be swallowed up into Hell.
The little flock are the Jewish disciples and the other flock are Gentiles. Did you miss the fact that Jesus says it will be one flock?

One flock with Jesus as the Fine Shepherd. Who are the Jews of Romans 2vs28,29? Aren't they 'spiritual Jews' or converts whether a natural Jew or not?
After Pentecost, the Israel of God became a spiritual nation not a fleshly nation existing now as a national group. -1st Peter 2v9

Exactly, the story of the Rich man and beggar Lazarus is a parable or illustration. It was Not literal. Jesus was addressing the Pharisees who derided Jesus. [Luke 16v14].

Demons have power. What the girl said about Paul was true at Acts 16vs16,17. It was the source of her power that made it wrong to do, as if her words were coming from God instead of the demons. So also with Saul.
Didn't Saul also die shortly after consulting the witch?
Not God's blessing there for the manner of Saul's death.

Satan is not swallowed up in hell but destroyed according to Hebrews 2v14 B.
Jesus was not swallowed up in hell. God resurrected Jesus -Acts 2vs27,31,32.
The dead are not swallowed up in hell but 'delivered up' from hell according to Revelation 20vs13,14. It is emptied-out hell that is swallowed up, so to speak, in second death. Death of no further existence.

What is swallowed up forever according to Isaiah 25v8 is: Death.
Our last enemy 'death' is to be brought to nothing. 1st Cor 15v26.

According to Proverbs 2v21 are the 'upright' that 'remain' swallowed up?_____
Who is destroyed or annihilated at Psalm 92v7?_____________

S-word

Is it possible for Jewish people to be raptured?

Jesus was an Israelite and the first to be risen from the dead past of the Son of Man whose immortal body of light was torn asunder and poured out on all those who believed his words as spoken through his obedient servant, the man Jesus.

And Jesus who was given divine glory by "Who I Am," was the first to be seen in the new body of Light which all the elect and chosen are to inherit, in which glorious body of brilliant and blinding light, he appeared to Saul on the Road to Damascus, and identified himself as Jesus of Nazareth.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
The rapture isn't a traditional Christian dogma, why do all you guys accept it? Nobody even thought of a rapture in Christianity until 1830's with Darby.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
True, but I guess it offers people some form of hope.

Perhaps the hope of not having to be on earth during the time of the great tribulation that Jesus mentioned at Matt 24v21; Rev 7v14.

Rev 7v14 is clear the people come out of the great tribulation.
It does not say go away or go up before the tribulation.

Noah and family remained right here on earth during the Flood.
Proverbs 2v21 says the upright 'remain' on earth.

It is the earthly ones judged as wicked by Christ Jesus that are destroyed or annihilated forever. - Psalm 92v7; Matt 25v46; 2nd Thess 1v9

Perhaps the hope of not having to be on earth during the time of the great tribulation that Jesus mentioned at Matt 24v21; Rev 7v14.

Rev 7v14 is clear the people come out of the great tribulation.
It does not say go away or go up before the tribulation.

Noah and family remained right here on earth during the Flood.
Proverbs 2v21 says the upright 'remain' on earth.

It is the earthly ones judged as wicked by Christ Jesus that are destroyed or annihilated forever. - Psalm 92v7; Matt 25v46; 2nd Thess 1v9

Will Christ even judge the Jewish people as wicked? I'm not sure how that is supposed to work.:sorry1:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Will Christ even judge the Jewish people as wicked? I'm not sure how that is supposed to work.:sorry1:

We know how Jesus judged the wicked religious leaders of his day.
They had the Hebrew Scriptures and should have recognized Jesus as the foretold Messiah. The 'Woes' Jesus pronounced in the 23rd chapter of Matthew against the wicked religious leaders showed Jesus judgment of them but that was Not Jewish people in general. Many fleshly Jews become Christian. Even in modern Israel, or national Israel of today, there are many who follow Christ.

Please notice at Revelation 19v11 that Jesus judges in righteousness.
Judging in righteousness means 'No one innocent' will be considered wicked by Jesus judgment. Jesus does not judge by the appearance of eyes [outward] but judges the heart.- Isaiah 11v3,4.

So Christians live in all countries or nations on earth. Jesus uses as a basis for his coming judgment how all people treat his ' brothers' Matthew 25v40.
Jesus is in heaven and still has spiritual 'brothers' here on earth.
How people react [Matt 24v14] to Jesus brothers proclaiming the good news [gospel] of God's kingdom before the end of all badness on earth comes is an indication to Christ of who wants to be part of his peaceful millennial rule over earth.

We know how Jesus judged the wicked religious leaders of his day.
They had the Hebrew Scriptures and should have recognized Jesus as the foretold Messiah. The 'Woes' Jesus pronounced in the 23rd chapter of Matthew against the wicked religious leaders showed Jesus judgment of them but that was Not Jewish people in general. Many fleshly Jews become Christian. Even in modern Israel, or national Israel of today, there are many who follow Christ.

Please notice at Revelation 19v11 that Jesus judges in righteousness.
Judging in righteousness means 'No one innocent' will be considered wicked by Jesus judgment. Jesus does not judge by the appearance of eyes [outward] but judges the heart.- Isaiah 11v3,4.

So Christians live in all countries or nations on earth. Jesus uses as a basis for his coming judgment how all people treat his ' brothers' Matthew 25v40.
Jesus is in heaven and still has spiritual 'brothers' here on earth.
How people react [Matt 24v14] to Jesus brothers proclaiming the good news [gospel] of God's kingdom before the end of all badness on earth comes is an indication to Christ of who wants to be part of his peaceful millennial rule over earth.

:yes: I get it now, thank you :angel2:

jtartar

Yes, finally somebody gets it.

Verse 5 of Rev 20 is a spurious verse, it shouldnt be there and it doesnt fit or match any other scripture. Where esle does it say that there is a first then a second resurrection. There are no second or third witness for that Rev 20:5 verse therefore it is spurious because it also doesnt show up in the earliest complete manuscripts. All the resurrection verses say that there is A RESURRECTION. I agree with you when you say that the ones who are "changed" will rule with Christ and they will be ruling over the others who were not changed and those who are resurrected to judgment (same resurrection).

You say resurrected to heaven....if they are to rule on earth with Christ then where is heaven? Not many know what heaven is so im just curious what you may say.

The 144,000 [which is a symbol and not literally 144,000] are the ones who came out of great tribulation. Notice how the meaning changes when one sticks to how the scriptures are and dont add "the" in front of great tribulation. There is no "THE" great tribulation. All those who are being called AND chosen now, in this life, are in great tribulation, are put in tribulation, are to go through MUCH tribulation.

Again, those are man made doctrines, first resurrection and general resurrection, this is not scriptural and as for "for some who will not prove worthy of life, so the will receive a resurrection of judgement, while some will receive life, everlasting life on earth" consider this

Ver. 21-22: "For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For AS in Adam ALL die, EVEN SO in Christ shall ALL be made alive."
Comment: First I want to show you that the word "alive" in this verse is a word that is used with reference to imparting immortality, and not just mortal life. The Greek word is zoopoieo, and it means to give life beyond the grasp of any future death. Notice how it is used in Rom. 8:11, "But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead [Christ was raised to immortality, not back to a mortal life] dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken [zoopoieo] your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwells in you." So clearly God does not give "mortal" life to our "mortal" bodies, seeing that we already have mortal life. No, He imparts IMMORTALITY to us. And this is exactly what Paul tells us in I Cor. 15, "For this corruptible [body] must put on incorruption [spiritual], and this mortal [dying or dead body] must put on IMMORTALITY [Gk: DEATH-LESS-NESS]" (Verse 53). And to whom does Christ grant immortal "zoopoieo" life? Answer: "ALL." The very same "all" who die in Adam are the very same "all" who are given life IN CHRIST.
It is also noteworthy that it is "…IN Christ ALL…" and is not restricted to only, "…ALL IN CHRIST…" as many have tried to twist this verse to mean. They say it is only all those who are "in" Christ. But that is not what this verse says. It says "in Christ ALL." That is the order of words. This verse is not speaking of those just the "all believers" who are said to be "IN Christ." No, this verse is speaking about the very same "in Adam ALL" who die become the very same "in Christ ALL" who are made alive. And although this particular verse does not say that "all" are now "IN Christ," it does most definitely say that "in Christ," the "ALL" shall be shall be "made alive." "Made alive" does not prove they are "in" Christ or that they are "saved," only that they have been given immortal life. Then comes JUDGMENT. But don’t think that therefore there is no Scripture that says they will eventually "ALL" be "IN" Christ, because there is:
"That in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one ALL [‘things’ is not in original] IN Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even IN HIM" (Eph. 1:10).
Christ first raises ALL to mortal life. At a later date He gathers this same ALL into Himself. The "in Christ ALL" (I Cor. 15:22) then becomes the "ALL IN CHRIST" (Eph. 1:10). Every creature in heaven and earth will be ONE IN Christ! I hope you can believe that.

AK4,
It is very hard to reason with someone who calls himself a Christian, but picks scriptures from the Holy Bible and proclaims then spurious. Is this what you do to any scripture that does not agree with some preconceived ideas of yours???
The Holy Scriptures tell us that God's word remains forever. If God's word has been adulterated, it is no longer God's word, Isa 40:8, 1Pet 1:25. Paul tells us that all scripture is inspired by God, 2Tim 3:16,17, Peter agrees, 2Pet 1:20,21.
Remember, Jesus said that God's word IS TRUTH, John 17:17. The Almighty has, Himself promised to keep His word unadulterated, Ps 12:6,7. If God allowed His word to be adulterated, He could not judge the world, because it is by His word that all are judged, Rom 14:10-12, 2Cor 5:10.
You do seem to have some knowledge of the scriptures. please allow me to do as Priscilla and Aquilla did for Apollos. They expounded the word of God more correctly to him. This account is recorded at Acts 18:24-26.
Since it is ALL SCRIPTURE that is inspired by God, both the Hebrew Scriptures and the Greek Scriptures, many times we must go to the Hebrew Scriptures to get the KEY to understanding the Christian Greek Scriptures. Notice that it is the wicked that are removed from earth, not the good, Ps 37:9-11, 34. Notice it is the righteous that will live forever on earth, Ps 37:29. Consider also Prov 2:21,22, where we are told that the righteous will reside in the earth, but the wicked will be torn away from it.
Since, as you have stated, the Bible is very clear about some going to heaven with Jesus. The Bible is also clear about some living on earth forever. This means tha some will live on earth and some will live in heaven. Since it only stands to reason that the ones in heaven will be fewer, Jesus mentioned a Little Flock that would inherit the Kingdom, Luke 12:32. Consider Rev 7:3,4, which states acertain number that are sealed. Then look at verse 9 which mentions a Great Crowd. Verse 14 tells us that this group comes OUT of the Great Tribulation, meaning that they survive the Great Tribulation, and are part of the ones mentioned at Ps 37:29.
This small group, mentioned as 144,000 are much smaller that the great crowd that will live on earth, Rev 5:9,10, 14:1-5, 20:4-6.
Consider Heb 3:1, where Paul mentions the ones of the heavenly calling, making a destinction between the heavenly calling and others who will live on earth.
Remember what Jesus said at John 5:28,29. Jesus said that there was going to be a resurrection of life to those who did good things, and a resurrection of judgement to those who practiced vile things. This means that some who are resurrected will die again, because of not wanting to obey Jesus. NONE of the ones who are resurrected to heaven can die again, because the are resurrected IMMORTAL, Rev 2:11, 20:5,6. Paul wrote on this subject also, 1Cor 15:51-54.
Paul writing to the Corinthians said that ALL will be made alive, 1Cor 15:22. Did Paul actually mean ALL would be finally made alive??? Of course NOT. Paul was sayint that all who were in Christ would be made alive. Remember Jesus said several times that few would actually get into God's Kingdom, Matt 7:13,14, Luke 13:23,24. These ones are BORN AGAIN, as spirit creatures, John 3:3-8. Jesus was rtesurrected as a spirit, and the Little Flock who inherit the Kingdom receive the same resurrection that Jesus received, 1Pet 3:18, 2Cor 5:16, Rom 6:5, John 17:24, 14:1-4.
The same idea about ALL is also mentioned by Paul at Rom 11:26, where the scripture says; in this manner ALL Israel will be saved. Just before this statement Paul had carefully stated the process that the Jews had to make to be saved, ALL who did this would be saved, Rom 11:14-25. Definitely not all of Israel will be saved, Paul tells us that only a REMNANT will be saved, Rom 9:27, 11:5.
The scriptures recorded at 1Thess 4:13-17, is speaking about the Little Flock who will be taken to heaven just before the marriage of the Lamb, Rev 19:6,7. Some will be still alive and they will be changed in a mont, in the twinkling of an eye; the others of that group will be resurrected, and all meet up with the Lord in the air, taking the place of Satan and his hoard who now rule ,1John 5:19, are the authority of the air, 1Thes 4:17, Eph 2:2.

AK4,
It is very hard to reason with someone who calls himself a Christian, but picks scriptures from the Holy Bible and proclaims then spurious. Is this what you do to any scripture that does not agree with some preconceived ideas of yours???
The Holy Scriptures tell us that God's word remains forever. If God's word has been adulterated, it is no longer God's word, Isa 40:8, 1Pet 1:25. Paul tells us that all scripture is inspired by God, 2Tim 3:16,17, Peter agrees, 2Pet 1:20,21.
Remember, Jesus said that God's word IS TRUTH, John 17:17. The Almighty has, Himself promised to keep His word unadulterated, Ps 12:6,7. If God allowed His word to be adulterated, He could not judge the world, because it is by His word that all are judged, Rom 14:10-12, 2Cor 5:10.
You do seem to have some knowledge of the scriptures. please allow me to do as Priscilla and Aquilla did for Apollos. They expounded the word of God more correctly to him. This account is recorded at Acts 18:24-26.
Since it is ALL SCRIPTURE that is inspired by God, both the Hebrew Scriptures and the Greek Scriptures, many times we must go to the Hebrew Scriptures to get the KEY to understanding the Christian Greek Scriptures. Notice that it is the wicked that are removed from earth, not the good, Ps 37:9-11, 34. Notice it is the righteous that will live forever on earth, Ps 37:29. Consider also Prov 2:21,22, where we are told that the righteous will reside in the earth, but the wicked will be torn away from it.
Since, as you have stated, the Bible is very clear about some going to heaven with Jesus. The Bible is also clear about some living on earth forever. This means tha some will live on earth and some will live in heaven. Since it only stands to reason that the ones in heaven will be fewer, Jesus mentioned a Little Flock that would inherit the Kingdom, Luke 12:32. Consider Rev 7:3,4, which states acertain number that are sealed. Then look at verse 9 which mentions a Great Crowd. Verse 14 tells us that this group comes OUT of the Great Tribulation, meaning that they survive the Great Tribulation, and are part of the ones mentioned at Ps 37:29.
This small group, mentioned as 144,000 are much smaller that the great crowd that will live on earth, Rev 5:9,10, 14:1-5, 20:4-6.
Consider Heb 3:1, where Paul mentions the ones of the heavenly calling, making a destinction between the heavenly calling and others who will live on earth.
Remember what Jesus said at John 5:28,29. Jesus said that there was going to be a resurrection of life to those who did good things, and a resurrection of judgement to those who practiced vile things. This means that some who are resurrected will die again, because of not wanting to obey Jesus. NONE of the ones who are resurrected to heaven can die again, because the are resurrected IMMORTAL, Rev 2:11, 20:5,6. Paul wrote on this subject also, 1Cor 15:51-54.
Paul writing to the Corinthians said that ALL will be made alive, 1Cor 15:22. Did Paul actually mean ALL would be finally made alive??? Of course NOT. Paul was sayint that all who were in Christ would be made alive. Remember Jesus said several times that few would actually get into God's Kingdom, Matt 7:13,14, Luke 13:23,24. These ones are BORN AGAIN, as spirit creatures, John 3:3-8. Jesus was rtesurrected as a spirit, and the Little Flock who inherit the Kingdom receive the same resurrection that Jesus received, 1Pet 3:18, 2Cor 5:16, Rom 6:5, John 17:24, 14:1-4.
The same idea about ALL is also mentioned by Paul at Rom 11:26, where the scripture says; in this manner ALL Israel will be saved. Just before this statement Paul had carefully stated the process that the Jews had to make to be saved, ALL who did this would be saved, Rom 11:14-25. Definitely not all of Israel will be saved, Paul tells us that only a REMNANT will be saved, Rom 9:27, 11:5.
The scriptures recorded at 1Thess 4:13-17, is speaking about the Little Flock who will be taken to heaven just before the marriage of the Lamb, Rev 19:6,7. Some will be still alive and they will be changed in a mont, in the twinkling of an eye; the others of that group will be resurrected, and all meet up with the Lord in the air, taking the place of Satan and his hoard who now rule ,1John 5:19, are the authority of the air, 1Thes 4:17, Eph 2:2.

:eek: That's a mouthful... LOL

Smoke

Done here.
Maybe because it offers some form of hope. This day and age, everyone needs to be hopeful about something.

The form of hope it offers is a particularly noxious one. They believe that they will be miraculously translated to heaven while the wrath of God is unleashed on everybody else. Anyone who needs that kind of hope is more than a little twisted.

The form of hope it offers is a particularly noxious one. They believe that they will be miraculously translated to heaven while the wrath of God is unleashed on everybody else. Anyone who needs that kind of hope is more than a little twisted.

I dont believe that the apocalypse will be the wrath of god. I believe that there are many different factors like demons and fallen angels and Lucifer. Not to mention man's greed and pride and Envy thrown into the mix.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

What does the Bible really teach? According to Proverbs 2v21 the upright 'remain' on earth. It is the wicked [Psalm 92v7] that are destroyed or annihilated on earth.

True the Bible does mention some resurrect to rule in heaven with Jesus [Rev 5vs9,10] but the majority are right here on planet earth. According to Rev [7v14] this great crowd of people come out of the great tribulation. It does not say they go up or taken away. Just like the model prayer to pray God's will be done right here on planet earth just as God's will [purpose] is done in heaven.

What kind of conditions is heaven known for? People do not think of going to heaven to see war there, pollution, crime, violence, sickness or go to heaven to die in heaven. These bad conditions exist on earth. So by praying for God's will to be here as heaven we are asking for those good conditions in heaven to exist right here on planet earth.

That is what the Bible writers believed:
Micah 4vs3,4; Isaiah 2v4 that nations will beat war weapons into farming tools
Nations will not learn war anymore. Each of us will have a fine and fig tree with no one to make us tremble or be afraid. Psalm 46v9 God will stop wars.

Along with no more war will be no more sickness. [Isaiah 33v24] and no more death [Rev 21v4].

From God's enemies [Psalm 72vs12-14] God will deliver those upright calling for help because their blood is precious in his sight. Deliver by Jesus as Deliverer and Savior through the end of this world of badness. Jesus words will be as sharp as a two-edged executioner's sword against all enemies of God's kingdom.
Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19vs11,14,15.

So the real 'hope' the Bible holds out is that under Jesus coming peaceful thousand-year rule over earth Jesus will usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill and all the awesome everlasting benefits that comes with everlasting earthly life at that time.
Matt 25v31,32;46.