• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Political post thread

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Aye, that's so much more important
that what the politician does in office.
Mens sana in corpore sano

By the way, I am so glad I started this thread whenever one feels like joking about politics...
since too many people unfortunately take it so seriously. chill out folks.

Thank you for posting stuff, Rev. :)
Also, thanks @Stevicus too

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Aye, that's so much more important
that what the politician does in office.

In my observation, that seems to be what many voters prefer. They care more about the superficialities, such as personality, charm, charisma, good looks. The people don't want philosophers or statesmen. They want game show hosts, movie actors, and news anchors.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In my observation, that seems to be what many voters prefer. They care more about the superficialities, such as personality, charm, charisma, good looks. The people don't want philosophers or statesmen. They want game show hosts, movie actors, and news anchors.
Of course. Especially women, after seeing Ron. The flesh is weak.
:p

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course. Especially women, after seeing Ron. The flesh is weak.
:p

I suppose, though it doesn't seem to be the case with men and female politicians. However, I recall that Lauren Boebert was named "hottest congresswoman" by some right-wing radio jock in Houston (Jesse Kelly, who once ran for Congress in my district here in AZ). It seems she barely held on to her seat in Colorado.

Here in AZ, we have two ladies running for governor. As a man, I might say that Kari Lake is better looking than Katie Hobbs, yet as a voter, I would not base my voting choice on that criterion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I suppose, though it doesn't seem to be the case with men and female politicians. However, I recall that Lauren Boebert was named "hottest congresswoman" by some right-wing radio jock in Houston (Jesse Kelly, who once ran for Congress in my district here in AZ). It seems she barely held on to her seat in Colorado.

Here in AZ, we have two ladies running for governor. As a man, I might say that Kari Lake is better looking than Katie Hobbs, yet as a voter, I would not base my voting choice on that criterion.

I think it is people not parties that make the difference. :)
JFK was the greatest president ever, imho, and he was a dem.
But Reagan was great too.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it is people not parties that make the difference. :)
JFK was the greatest president ever, imho, and he was a dem.
But Reagan was great too.

I liked JFK, although I wouldn't say he was the greatest president ever. I couldn't stand Reagan.

FDR is considered one of the greats, as well as Lincoln - although even they did and said things that people today would find questionable. Washington and Jefferson have also been re-evaluated by some, as some of their moral failings have started to overshadow their many other achievements. And Andrew Jackson might as well be Hitler, at least in terms of how he's viewed by many nowadays, although his portrait is still on the $20 bill. Teddy Roosevelt gets mixed reviews, although he did go against the trusts and was one of the early environmentalist presidents. But he was also a forerunner of America's warmongering presidents.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sarah Palin tells supporters to stop donating to the GOP: ‘They opposed me every step of the way’ - NewsBreak

Sarah Palin has gone nuclear on the Republican Party, claiming the GOP sabotaged her Alaska House race and that they deserved their drubbing in the midterms.

In a conspiracy-laden Instagram post, Ms Palin blamed the “cockamamie” ranked choice voting system, Senator Lisa Murkowski and the “dark, dysfunctional GOP machine” after she was seemingly trounced by Democrat Mary Peltola for a second time in three months.

“The GOP establishment deserves losses until it’s willing to fight for what is right,” the former vice presidential candidate wrote.

“They opposed me every step of the way in my Congressional bid, which is par for the course.”

With 80 per cent of votes tallied in the Alaska first congressional House race, Ms Peltola appears to have an unassailable lead with 47 per cent. Ms Palin is second on 26.6 per cent and fellow Republican Nick Begich is on 24 per cent.

The race has not been officially called for Ms Peltola yet.

Ms Palin blamed Ms Murkowski for endorsing her Democrat opponent, and accused Mr Begich of being a “Democrat-plant/Trojan horse”.

“They did away with Primaries, and purposefully confused voters through controlled liberal media, in order to split the GOP vote,” she wrote.

“They were fine with ‘Republican’ Lisa Murkowski taking $MILLIONS$ from Mitch McConnell’s GOP Senate Minority Fund (after she voted to impeach Pres. Trump and supported Biden’s radically liberal appointees) to defeat the top GOP voter-getter (me), as Lisa publicly endorsed the democrat in my race.”

After a worse-than-expected showing in the midterms, the Republican Party appears to be in all-out civil war.

Ms Peltola, the first native Alaskan to be elected to Congress, beat Ms Palin to win a special election in September.

That election was the first in Alaska to use ranked choice voting, where voters are given the choice to rank who they want to fill a particular seat rather than pick a single candidate.

2000.jpeg

"Drill baby drill"? That's her slogan?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We are re-living those magical atmospheres....

(I am kidding of course)

Last edited: