• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
It's sweeter. It's not just cold tea.

I've been told it's like Southern "sweet tea", though I've never had the Southern version to compare it to.
Gotcha. I freely admit I'm odd in that I have no sweet tooth so I simply pour hot tea over ice and I love it. Then again, I drink my coffee iced too... :sarcastic

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Dunno - I grew up with Mountain Dew being caffeine free, so it never seemed strange to me until I found out that the American version is caffeinated.
Well back before the whole energy drink war, Mountain Dew was the strongest caffeinated soft drink one could buy readily at gas stations and what not. So it seems kind of strange to buy something minus one of it's strong points. Though it is a really good citrus soda by itself.

I don't know that it is caffeine free - like I said, the level of caffeine they put in most soft drinks has no noticeable effect on me.
Oh ok, well here in America it definitely has caffeine, just about every soda does. It's so bad soft drinks will often advertise when their they're caffeine free like Sprite.

No, I haven't. I tend to avoid Dr. Pepper. I'm more of an iced tea person (Canadian iced tea, that is... not that crazy American "iced tea" that's just regular tea, only cold).
Why what's so special about Canadian Ice Tea? Here in the deep south we drink Sweet Tea with or without lemon which is served cold, with ice if you order it from a restaurant. The best version is called Sun Tea where you let brew on it's own out in the hot oppressive sun by just throwing some tea bags in clear jug of water and sugar. Just something about the UV radiation that makes it better.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Well back before the whole energy drink war, Mountain Dew was the strongest caffeinated soft drink one could buy readily at gas stations and what not. So it seems kind of strange to buy something minus one of it's strong points. Though it is a really good citrus soda by itself.
You guys didn't have Jolt Cola? When I was in first-year university, that was the "in" drink for when you were staying up all night working on assignments. IIRC, at the time, Red Bull wasn't even approved for sale in Canada.

Oh ok, well here in America it definitely has caffeine, just about every soda does. It's so bad soft drinks will often advertise when their they're caffeine free like Sprite.
Even non-dark colas couldn't have caffeine. Remember Crystal Pepsi and the like? Up here, they were caffeine-free.

Why what's so special about Canadian Ice Tea? Here in the deep south we drink Sweet Tea with or without lemon which is served cold, with ice if you order it from a restaurant.
As I mentioned, I've never had Southern Sweet Tea. When I say "American iced tea", I'm mainly talking about what you'd find in fast food restaurants in upstate New York. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Is Dr. Pepper caffeinated in the US? I don't think it is here.

BTW: can you help me with my memory? I remember seeing an exhibit at the museum about a civilization that lived several thousand years ago in what's now the Ukraine. Their name was something like the Tertyllians, but I know that's wrong and can't figure out the right name.

Holy ****!! No wonder I was always so tired while I was in Canada... What have you guys got against caffeine?? And I have no idea what civilization you are talking about. :D I forget everything right after the test. I took the exam today, so I never need to know that stuff again.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
My teacher is an butthole!!!!!!!! So mean! AND I forgot my book in class...it's sitting on the little holder thing desks have underneath their seats. UGH! Pleeeease let it be there tomorrow! :\

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Holy ****!! No wonder I was always so tired while I was in Canada... What have you guys got against caffeine??
Nothing - it's just we like to keep it in our coffee.

I guess Tim Hortons has better lobbyists than Pepsico. :D

And I have no idea what civilization you are talking about. :D I forget everything right after the test. I took the exam today, so I never need to know that stuff again.
S'okay. I got the answer I was looking for.

Erebus

Sometimes it should be perfectly acceptable to slit a person's throat mid conversation and leave them to rot.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I am at the Chiller Theater Convention this weekend and I’ve tried many unsuccessful attempts at trying to get to sleep. Mrscardero and I came to New Jersey right after I worked my midnight shift Friday morning and I cannot get any sleep (mrscardero on the other hand, could sleep through Armageddon). Not because the convention is too exciting for me, it is because of the excitement the thousands of convention goers are generating. All day shouting, hotel noises and now there is a midnight party going outside in the square. I must have gotten 2 unsettling hours of sleep in 36 hours. Met some nice people here. It's nothing but wall to wall geeks, metal heads, middle aged nerds and hot goth babes. Rizza and I had an over-priced meal in the hotel restaurant but for the first night we just cruised the dealer tables. A horror fan could quickly find themselves financially bankrupt. We are going to wait till mid-Sunday for our purchases. This is when the dealers are desperate and would rather dump merchandise rather than bring it back.

Tomorrow (if I am up to it) Rizza and I will be meeting the celebrities (and looking for a set of earplugs). The line to see Ann Margaret was extended all the way around to North Carolina tonight and we found out that she is charging $40 for her autograph (no photo ops). I am wondering how much she would negotiate for a handshake. We saw Cassandra Peterson without her Elvira get-up (and she is still an attractive woman for 58) and I would like to get a picture with Davey Jones (he’s so dreamy). Happy Halloween!

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Boy... That Harvey birdman show sure isn't very funny. Good thing it's only 12 minutes long. Imma watch American Dad next. It's sort of hit and miss. Sometimes it can be funny. I'll be happy when Metaloclaypse has new episodes. The Boondocks too, but I don't know if they are making new episodes of that one.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Boy... That Harvey birdman show sure isn't very funny. Good thing it's only 12 minutes long.
:eek:
Imma watch American Dad next. It's sort of hit and miss. Sometimes it can be funny.
:no:
I'll be happy when Metaloclaypse has new episodes.
:yes:
The Boondocks too, but I don't know if they are making new episodes of that one.
Early 2010!!!!
Boondocks_clipart.jpg

YouTube - The Boondocks - History Of Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.