• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just had to explain electricity to an electrical engineer. I'm depressed.
Is it a case of some electrical engineers today working solely with computer type voltages, & not the high power stuff?
I know that some mechanical engineers don't know that 2" thick steel is sheet metal.

Wirey

Fartist
Is it a case of some electrical engineers today working solely with computer type voltages, & not the high power stuff?
I know that some mechanical engineers don't know that 2" thick steel is sheet metal.

No, he didn't understand how a capacitor could be on open circuit in DC and a short in AC.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I iz returnings to school for a masterz degress..... iz shuolds do gret
th

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I had to get one of those ugly rat-like critters out of my garage once...... that was actually work.... but it left

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I now have 30% more Racoons.
And the possum count is up too.
(I like those ugly rat-like critters.)
I had a possum in my home once. I thought my cats would run it off, but they seemed to hardly care. One of the jumped in front of its face, and arched her back (but not with hair standing on end), and pranced back away. It's weird having a wild animal in your home, but the little guy was hungry and wasn't causing any problems so I let him be. And it was very obvious he was the one who was terrified of just seeing me and the cats, wanted to be left alone, and I actually only saw him a few times, long enough for me to walk in the door and see him bolt behind my couch. He left after a few days.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had a possum in my home once. I thought my cats would run it off, but they seemed to hardly care. One of the jumped in front of its face, and arched her back (but not with hair standing on end), and pranced back away. It's weird having a wild animal in your home, but the little guy was hungry and wasn't causing any problems so I let him be. And it was very obvious he was the one who was terrified of just seeing me and the cats, wanted to be left alone, and I actually only saw him a few times, long enough for me to walk in the door and see him bolt behind my couch. He left after a few days.
Ours, named "Gray Possum", likes to dine in my compost bin.
Everything goes in it (anerobic composting eventually).....meat, bones, veggies.