• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But in China, bears are avid travelers.
th

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I had a really weird dream. I picked up my bass to play it, and went to pick up a pick (which is something I rarely use when playing my bass), and instead of the jazz pick in my hand, I somehow picked up a razor blade thingy, strummed, and cut the B, E, and A strings. I was devastated and mortified, because bass strings are expensive, especially so when you don't have any income.
I also had a dream where somehow, I'm not sure, but somehow I got a girl friend.
This last week has been very strange. Even though I'm having a pretty bad bout of insomnia, I'm remembering dreams, and having extremely vivid dreams, to the point I can't even make them lucid because they seem so real.

Shadow Wolf

I cut the grass today for the 1st time this year!
There were a ton of people out mowing their yards today.
I feel like doing the "SJW thing" and insisting that people take turns mowing their lawns on different days to avoid putting all the mowed-grass stuff up in the air all at once that makes those who suffer with allergies miserable. Or make Benedryl cheaper. Although I can say I'm not doing too bad, just minorly clogged sinuses from it all.
Personally, I'd be alright with just getting some toads and snakes and letting the grass grow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There were a ton of people out mowing their yards today.
I feel like doing the "SJW thing" and insisting that people take turns mowing their lawns on different days to avoid putting all the mowed-grass stuff up in the air all at once that makes those who suffer with allergies miserable. Or make Benedryl cheaper. Although I can say I'm not doing too bad, just minorly clogged sinuses from it all.
Personally, I'd be alright with just getting some toads and snakes and letting the grass grow.
You should be an "SJW" (Southwestern Jubilant Worker).
I hear allergies are less trouble in arid climes.

Shadow Wolf

You should be an "SJW" (Southwestern Jubilant Worker).
I hear allergies are less trouble in arid climes.
True, but I'll take allergies over what the sun of an arid climate would do to my skin. The Indiana sun is enough to make me fry. Southwestern sun? No thank you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True, but I'll take allergies over what the sun of an arid climate would do to my skin. The Indiana sun is enough to make me fry. Southwestern sun? No thank you.
I've hiked in the sun in the southwest, with nary even a slight burn.
If one dresses properly, one may avoid the deathly rays.

Shadow Wolf

I got the first chapter of my novel written, and the main character is already dead. Don't want the audience too fall too in love with someone who gets killed, so I just had him killed at the beginning instead of the end. The last chapter will go on for maybe a few more pages than the first. But I am saving one last twist, something I am not foreshadowing about in any ways. It's just going to happen, because foreshadowing, IMO, sucks and should come with a spoiler alert.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I got the first chapter of my novel written, and the main character is already dead. Don't want the audience too fall too in love with someone who gets killed, so I just had him killed at the beginning instead of the end. The last chapter will go on for maybe a few more pages than the first. But I am saving one last twist, something I am not foreshadowing about in any ways. It's just going to happen, because foreshadowing, IMO, sucks and should come with a spoiler alert.
Like "Laura" or "Twin Peaks"?

Shadow Wolf

Like "Laura" or "Twin Peaks"?
Don't know. More like Invisible Monster's when in chapter 1 the main character's best friend is getting married, but the mansion the marriage is at on fire, the groom is off screwing a guy in the closet, and the main character's sister (who is later revealed to be her brother who changed his sex not because he is transsexual but because it was the worst mistake he could make) is shot by her best friend with a shot gun.
Reading what I just typed, I'm going to have to consider making my own chapter one more chaotic. All I have right now is two guys who have a brief conversation, a few pages of internal dialogue that covers Foucault, Marx, and Nietzsche, and then one guy pulls out his S&W M500 and shoots the other.

Draka

Wonder Woman
My daughter got intimidated into giving up a little plushie toy that was attached to her backpack on the bus home today. Not a happy momma.

Shadow Wolf

Maybe I'll be changing the 500 to a different gun, just because I can't find what exactly it would do to a human when shot with one. My first thought is it might just leave a pretty clean entry and exit wound given it is so highly powered, that something that will drop a bear or a moose will rip through a human like paper, but probably leaving extensive and severe internal damage. Or maybe the entry wound would be the appropriate size for the bullet and the exit wound would be the size of a cannon? The best I could find was a body armor vest, which it tore through, and a truck, which left smaller holes on the side of the bed closer to the shooter, and huge holes on the other end.

Shadow Wolf

It's a bit unnerving to see all these people online asking if the 500 S&W is a good choice for home/self-defense and CCW. Obviously not, at all, ever, but many people don't seem to realize it's going to tear through the "bad guy" and keep going for some distance and do heavy damage to whatever is in the way. Maybe with that gun you should have to actually shoot it first before you can buy it, and take a class in all the potential legal ramifications if you hit an innocent bystander with a stray-bullet, and why you don't need something that will kill a bear or moose for personal defense. The ringing in ears from such a shot without any ear protection I imagine must be hellish.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a bit unnerving to see all these people online asking if the 500 S&W is a good choice for home/self-defense and CCW. Obviously not, at all, ever, but many people don't seem to realize it's going to tear through the "bad guy" and keep going for some distance and do heavy damage to whatever is in the way. Maybe with that gun you should have to actually shoot it first before you can buy it, and take a class in all the potential legal ramifications if you hit an innocent bystander with a stray-bullet, and why you don't need something that will kill a bear or moose for personal defense. The ringing in ears from such a shot without any ear protection I imagine must be hellish.
If that isn't enuf for you, I once saw a handgun (revolver) chambered for the 45-70.
It was huge....which would be useful in handling recoil.

Speaking of recoil......never shoot with a limp wrist.
With semi autos, it will fail to eject.
With powerful handguns......well.....