• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So apparently my boss can schedule me in at noon on Sundays I don't request it, but the Sundays I request I have to be in at 730 or 8. Never mind the fact I was NOT hired for mornings or openings. She lied to me during my interview and gave me a very wrong idea of what I'd be working.
Would you like me to throw poop at her?

There's no excuse to try to pull someone out of bed during a morning...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm in a grumpy mood for no good reason. But then again, I'd rather not have a good reason to be grumpy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Would you like me to throw poop at her?

There's no excuse to try to pull someone out of bed during a morning...
Especially when I was told Id be doing evenings and closings and told her good because I would much rather prefer that over mornings.
I don't know what she told others, but between talking to coworkers and observing their gestures most of us at least are tired and out of element as often as were in it.
Amd it sucks because other than the pain I like the job. Hate the radio, but it's a mixture of working on silicone-based and carbon-based machines.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

1716723733123.png

The utility workers were able to use a ladder to reach the feline's perch and bring her back down to solid ground.

"Thank goodness this was a calm and friendly cat," KCAS said in a Facebook post.

The cat, dubbed Electra by KCAS, will be available for adoption on Saturday.

That's a clever name, Electra.

The Kern County Animal Shelter is putting it up for adoption.

Shadow Wolf

I'm in a grumpy mood for no good reason. But then again, I'd rather not have a good reason to be grumpy.
I'm grumpy because I work with a bunch of bungholes, because I always hurt and am tired from it, amd because this morning instead of getting to be with friends I get to go do what I wasn't hired for (open).
I'm reminded of a story about Lilith I read, where she decides the harder life of living in Land of Nod was better than living in the Garden of Eden.

Shadow Wolf

View attachment 92053

That's a clever name, Electra.

The Kern County Animal Shelter is putting it up for adoption.
Two things about that:
Proof the conservative, Evangelical god is, by design, not against abortion.
Kern county looks like a sideways Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

I learned from trying to save money with pancakes, I would rather go without than have cheap pancakes, in particular regards to syrup. The cheaper brands are horrible and bitter. The funny syrups placed next to maple syrup are generally better than this crap.
It's gonna have to be all homemade cheap, including the syrup, or more pricey with syrup that is closer to medicinal syrup in taste than pancake syrup.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Two things about that:
Proof the conservative, Evangelical god is, by design, not against abortion.
Kern county looks like a sideways Indiana.

I've been through Kern County a few times. I remember the Grapevine. There's a one-hit wonder from the 80s which sang a tale of riding up to San Francisco in a Rambler, and blowing a gasket on the Grapevine, and 80 dollars on repair. (Those were the days.)

I was reminded of this song due to recent events involving my own vehicle.

Another mile or two to Frisco
two hundred gallons from LA
The engine's thumpin like a disco
We ought to dump her in the bay

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's something I never knew but learned after doing some random, meaningless surfing on the internet:

In the run-up to Lincoln’s first presidential campaign, his political handlers worked to repackage this brilliant, ambitious railroad lawyer as a “man of the people.” They constructed the still-familiar Lincoln legend: the log cabin, the rail splitting, the prowess as a wrestler, and—what better way to humanize any candidate?—the lovable, flop-eared dog who followed Honest Abe everywhere. As Fido’s owner became the most famous man in America, “Fido” caught on among dog owners and remained a popular name for generations to come.

So, it's because of Lincoln that "Fido" became a popular name for dogs.

Fido outlived President Lincoln and attended his funeral.

Shadow Wolf

Here's something I never knew but learned after doing some random, meaningless surfing on the internet:

So, it's because of Lincoln that "Fido" became a popular name for dogs.

Fido outlived President Lincoln and attended his funeral.

It does make me glad that MAGAs seem to at least draw the line at dog abuse and murder.

Shadow Wolf

The Clash, Aerosmith, Stones, Zeppelin I think I'm cured from the high exposure to autotune I was exposed to today.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm having a full Sunday as usual. Two volunteer jobs, lunch, nap, dog walk and now posting on RF.