• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A finger in the plug socket can do that.

fingerinplugsocket.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It's funny, because in the Original Series, I thought the Klingons were supposed to be analogous to the Russians, whereas the Romulans were analogous to the Chinese.
Well….. Putin was here in Beijing last week…. Is it any surprise the Klingons are here too….

efef6a48a37b9989f97491c66d21e882a4fd55bfde6efb0621858354707be5a3.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The brakes went out on my car yesterday on my way home from work. Kind of a rattling experience. I don't even want to drive it to the brake shop, as I don't think it'll be safe. I was lucky enough to avoid an accident yesterday, but I don't feel like pushing it. So, now I'm waiting for a tow truck.

6365385537_83d0696c60_b.jpg

I remember when I first encountered the phrase "tow away zone" as a kid, I thought that it meant if someone parked there, they would take their toe away. I thought that seemed a pretty severe penalty.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The brakes went out on my car yesterday on my way home from work. Kind of a rattling experience. I don't even want to drive it to the brake shop, as I don't think it'll be safe. I was lucky enough to avoid an accident yesterday, but I don't feel like pushing it. So, now I'm waiting for a tow truck.

I remember when I first encountered the phrase "tow away zone" as a kid, I thought that it meant if someone parked there, they would take their toe away. I thought that seemed a pretty severe penalty.

Glad you're ok. Never had that happen and don't want it too but i always ensure the handbrake will stop the car reasonably quickly if in need

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Glad you're ok. Never had that happen and don't want it too but i always ensure the handbrake will stop the car reasonably quickly if in need

Thanks. Yeah, I was able to get it stopped. I used to have an old Plymouth Duster where I had some air in the brake lines and ended up having to pump a few times to get it to stop. But this has power brakes, so you have to practically stand on the brakes to get them to stop.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Have em tow it here and I'll fix it for ya.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So what's wrong with glue on pizza anyway? If our AI overlord said to do it, it must be right

Google promised better search — now it’s telling us to put glue on pizza

Imagine this: you’ve carved out an evening to unwind and decide to make a homemade pizza. You assemble your pie, throw it in the oven, and are excited to start eating. But once you get ready to take a bite of your oily creation, you run into a problem — the cheese falls right off. Frustrated, you turn to Google for a solution.

“Add some glue,” Google answers. “Mix about 1/8 cup of Elmer’s glue in with the sauce. Non-toxic glue will work.”

Shadow Wolf

I've unlocked another Juggalette people stabber ability in the Great Milenko skill tree, a Sith like "fast track" ability that in just seven months has made me "very experienced."
Now if only management and trainers would realize this. I don't even remember the last time I missed unless someone jerked or my wrist locked up.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

I once sailed through a busy intersection at about 50 miles per hour when my brakes failed. Wife, children and pets were all aboard...fortunately, missed many cars by inches, finally rolled to a stop about a quarter mile further down the road...yes, it was on an incline. Then I had to go on to calmly knock on doors until someone would let me use their phone...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Have em tow it here and I'll fix it for ya.

Thanks, although I think the towing charges would be more than the repair job. The unkindest cut of all was that, although the car was starting perfectly before, once I got it towed to the repair shop, it wouldn't start. So, there's even something more wrong with it.

Shadow Wolf

Reaching out to some older friends on my new FB account, and I don't know what happened but everybody I went to high school with has gotten kind of old. They look middle aged, even.
Sucks for them, lmao.:joycat:

Shadow Wolf

Thanks, although I think the towing charges would be more than the repair job. The unkindest cut of all was that, although the car was starting perfectly before, once I got it towed to the repair shop, it wouldn't start. So, there's even something more wrong with it.
Iew, yeah, something that in all likeliness isn't really that hard or too expensive to fix, but is when a mechanic does it. Hopefully it's the battery (anymore they cost just as much if not more than an alternator).
Sometimes I wish I was rich or mechanics weren't so expensive so I could quit doing it myself.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I had that happen once. It was in a crowded area, and instinct kicked in, and I pulled onto a median rather than the back of the car in front of me(I'm sure he was grateful).