• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I grew up in Syracuse

I grew up about 90 miles to the south, near Binghamton. Although I bounced back and forth between upstate NY and Southern California quite a bit in my tumultuous youth.

Finally landed in Arizona. Upstate NY might as well be a foreign country to me now, it's been so long. I've heard it's got a lot of grumpy bears these days.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I grew up about 90 miles to the south, near Binghamton. Although I bounced back and forth between upstate NY and Southern California quite a bit in my tumultuous youth.

Finally landed in Arizona. Upstate NY might as well be a foreign country to me now, it's been so long. I've heard it's got a lot of grumpy bears these days.
A grumpy bear, 28 degrees Fahrenheit and snowing.... welcome to spring in the Adirondacks

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A grumpy bear, 28 degrees Fahrenheit and snowing.... welcome to spring in the Adirondacks

It's 79°F (26°C) and sunny here. Tomorrow it will get up to 80°, but Sunday it will only get up to 61 with a 38% chance of rain.

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.

lionlamb.jpg

I never could quite understand what that meant.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It's 79°F (26°C) and sunny here. Tomorrow it will get up to 80°, but Sunday it will only get up to 61 with a 38% chance of rain.

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.

lionlamb.jpg

I never could quite understand what that meant.
It was the opposite for us... in like a lamb, out like a lion.

Wu Wei

Springtime in NYS in the Adirondacks...... 4 inches of snow overnight.... sleet and freezing rain now..... 2 to 4 inches more of snow expected tonight.....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Springtime in NYS in the Adirondacks...... 4 inches of snow overnight.... sleet and freezing rain now..... 2 to 4 inches more of snow expected tonight.....

I know the feeling. Since we bought this house in 2009 it's snowed 3 times giving us a total of maybe an inch all together. Absolutely horrendous snow, particularly when roads are not gritted or ploughed around these parts.

:blush:

Wu Wei

I know the feeling. Since we bought this house in 2009 it's snowed 3 times giving us a total of maybe an inch all together. Absolutely horrendous snow, particularly when roads are not gritted or ploughed around these parts.

:blush:
Our typical February usually has a few snowstorms measured in feet, each storm. We have had early March storms also measured in feet per storm.... but this is late and annoying... I am going to have to go out and clear the driveway in sleet and freezing rain...before the next round of snow gets here and temps drop into the teens (Fahrenheit).... but we always have plows

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The sun is shining. It stopped. Will it be sunny when I go to the farmer's market or raining? Is there a prophet in the house?