• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a harsh lesson in hoarding gas: Woman hoarding gas catches on fire following car accident in Pickens County, deputies say (wyff4.com)

PICKENS COUNTY, S.C. —

A woman hoarding gas caught on fire following a car accident Thursday night in Pickens County, according to Chief Deputy Chad Brooks with the Pickens County Sheriff's Office.

A deputy in a marked patrol unit, saw a Pontiac G6 traveling on Jameson Road in Pickens and determined that the vehicle was displaying a South Carolina license plate that had been reported stolen, Brooks said.

According to Brooks, as the vehicle approached the intersection of Jameson Road and Wolf Creek Road, the deputy activated his vehicle’s emergency lights in an attempt to conduct a traffic stop.

The driver of the Pontiac turned left onto Wolf Creek Road and accelerated the vehicle in an attempt to elude law enforcement. The deputy then activated his vehicle’s siren, Brooks said.

According to Brooks, the driver lost control of the vehicle, veered off the roadway and completely flipped the vehicle.

The vehicle immediately caught fire and multiple explosions were heard inside the vehicle, Brooks said.

According to Brooks, as the deputy approached the car, the driver, a woman exited the car and was observed to be on fire.

The deputy pushed the 28-year-old to the ground in order to put out the flames, Brooks said.

According to Brooks, she was transported to the hospital by Pickens County EMS personnel.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't see the report claim she was hoarding gas.
Word to the wise....
When driving a stolen car, & feeing the cops,
try to avoid flipping it & catching fire.

It's what the article said. It described "multiple explosions" after it flipped and caught fire.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's what the article said. It described "multiple explosions" after it flipped and caught fire.
She could've had other fammables, eg, propane, butane, ether,
ammunition. What if she had a can of gas? I always carry at
lease one spare. (Tis inconvenient to run out without one.)
And I'll carry several cans when I fuel up mowers & snowthrowers.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
She could've had other fammables, eg, propane, butane, ether,
ammunition. What if she had a can of gas? I always carry at
lease one spare. (Tis inconvenient to run out without one.)
And I'll carry several cans when I fuel up mowers & snowthrowers.

Yes, although I'm guessing that you probably wouldn't go zooming down the road carrying gas.

Also, it seems it was just the license plate that was stolen, not the car.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, although I'm guessing that you probably wouldn't go zooming down the road carrying gas.

Also, it seems it was just the license plate that was stolen, not the car.
I don't steal cars or plates, & flip the car when fleeing Johnny Law.
Gasoline in legally approved containers is pretty safe as long as
the vehicle carrying them isn't on fire.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@Revoltingest on a nice Sunday drive

tenor.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As my mom did intentionally and deliberately make a ****ton of racket and noise while I was in my Zoom meeting yesterday, I have decided for my next trick I'll be figuring out how to do surgery recovery on my own.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Today I want to take a sledgehammer to the hands of Credit Score and render the phalangers as useless as tie-dye to the Amish.
This is due to my credit going down three points because of the car repair debt account being closed.