• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think dr who was pulled because from America because of the launch of britbox
The streamers want us to pay $500/month to get everything we used to get on cable. They are suffering from rectal-cranial inversion as far as I'm concerned.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The streamers want us to pay $500/month to get everything we used to get on cable. They are suffering from rectal-cranial inversion as far as I'm concerned.

Don't tell anyone, its a secret... Oh, right... Anyway, with a VPN set to a UK server you can stream from any of the UK tv stations either live or catch up.

A couple ask for your postcode to ensure you get the correct regional content, but dont check you actually live there.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One British detective show was extremely dark: The Wire. Woah that was dark. I didn't get too far in. I needed a catharsis.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think dr who was pulled because from America because of the launch of britbox
Nah. We had it on Amazon video for free with a prime subscription, but that all ended a couple years ago because HBO (whoever owns them) bought the streaming rights for their then upcoming HBO Max.
This happened just before covid devastated the world. I blame the BBC and HBO for denying us our Doctor and those long months wait without him.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Exhibition displays in martial arts are very highly choreographed, but it makes them no less impressive.

That was from a movie called Shaolin Soccer

MV5BMjA1NTAwNTcyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjYxNzk5._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

With that said I watched a friend of mine, who was a professional Soccer player, on a tennis court with one of his team mates, play soccer tennis.... all the rules of tennis...just done by kicking a soccer ball back and forth over the net. He also was deadly accurate with that ball....as an abusive boyfriend, of his younger sister, found out

And yes, you are correct, Martial Arts Demo tend to be choreographed, I did a few in my youth

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I've began an alternating thing of poker one day, blackjack the next. Basic play in blackjack is boring. No wonder people figured out how to improve their odds in it.

Shadow Wolf

I am actually to the point I want to kill this one particular scrub jay. I squawks here, it squawks a few houses over, it squawks early in the morning, it squawks all day.
The Montana Merkle sounds better than this. Even those hideous plastic recorders manage to produce a finer sound that is far more pleasing to the ears than this.

Wu Wei

Hmm April 22 started with temps in the high 20s....got all the way up to 40....and now it is ending heading back to the low 30s......just another fine spring day in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm April 22 started with temps in the high 20s....got all the way up to 40....and now it is ending heading back to the low 30s......just another fine spring day in the foothills of the Adirondacks
Hey, that's our weather here down here in the holler.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It's expected to get down to 54° tonight. Tomorrow's high will be 80°. Typical for spring in southern Arizona. But our rainfall levels are still way, way below average. We don't get that much rain anyway, but it's been even worse this past year.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been bidding on chromolithographs in an auction.
People are willing to pay a lot more than I am.

According to Antiques Roadshow, what you need to do is to scour attics and basements, rural garage sales and rummage sales. With any luck, you'll find something worth megabucks.

Shadow Wolf

It's expected to get down to 54° tonight. Tomorrow's high will be 80°. Typical for spring in southern Arizona. But our rainfall levels are still way, way below average. We don't get that much rain anyway, but it's been even worse this past year.
That's roughly about the same as here.

Wu Wei

Well..... it took over a year..... but one of our renters did not pay rent last month.... this is in one of the higher rent areas around too......in a real good location.... oh, and I should add, in NYS, due to Covid....there is not thing one I can do about it.....

Last edited: