• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually, don't tell anyone, I was an Engineering major, before I switched to math, then thought hmmm physics....and then went on to take more psychology courses than anyone should have if they are not a psychology major.....nd then somehow end up in IT.... but as a professor I once had said, knowledge is not so much what you know, but knowing where to fin the answer.

But for the record, to avoid upsetting others, I am not serious when it comes to this metric discussion.

Besides, its "proper American" and "meters" ;)

As one who has a degree in psychology and wound up in IT, I understood and could apply DSM to the specimens of upright apes that hooted through the corporate environment.

I mean, who can avoid the obvious political implications of Folie à deux - Wikipedia in the current environment.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Passenger survives being hit in the head by flying turtle (apnews.com)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — It’s not unusual for rocks and other debris to crash through a windshield and injure a driver or passenger — but a turtle?

A 71-year-old woman riding with her daughter on Florida’s Interstate 95 suffered a gashed forehead Wednesday when a turtle smashed through the windshield of their car, striking her, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reports.

The daughter pulled over and got help from another motorist. According to a 911 recording, both were surprised by what they found.

“There is a turtle in there,” the man can be overheard saying.

“A turtle!” the daughter exclaimed. “An actual turtle?”

The gash drew a lot of blood, but the woman was not seriously hurt. The turtle was likely crossing the interstate and got knocked into the air by another vehicle.

“I swear to God this lady has the worst luck of anything,” the daughter told the 911 operator as she tended to her injured mother.

The turtle, on the other hand, had the best luck of anything — it just had a few scratches on its shell and was released back into the nearby woods, Port Orange police officer Andre Fleming said.

Be sure to watch out for flying turtles in your travels.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oohh a bear with sense ;-)

You are properly right on propper but metres it is. Except in backwoods America and Philippines where they confuse
View attachment 49820

With

View attachment 49821

You sat metre I say meter.....what difference does it make......I'm right anyway.....and this whole metric system is just a passing fad......eventually the EU folks will realize the mistake and come back to the REAL system of weights and measures

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You sat metre I say meter.....what difference does it make......I'm right anyway.....and this whole metric system is just a passing fad......eventually the EU folks will realize the mistake and come back to the REAL system of weights and measures

maxresdefault.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The metric system was invented by Adolph Hitler as a child.
He did it to make torturing small plants easier.
It's history, & indisputable.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Cubits?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The metric system was invented by Adolph Hitler as a child.
He did it to make torturing small plants easier.
It's history, & indisputable.

The metric system was invented in 17century france so its doubtful that hitler had a say in the only logical system of measurement.

Spreading false information to disparage the french is beneath you... Oh wait... That's false info isn't it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The metric system was invented in 17century france so its doubtful that hitler had a say in the only logical system of measurement.

Spreading false information to disparage the french is beneath you... Oh wait... That's false info isn't it
Young Hitler travelled back in time to invent it.
Don't you know anything about your history!