• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Go on! Get out of here!:mad:
wolf-and-a-polar-bear-hudson-bay-canada-shutterstock-editorial-9984071m.jpg

(Thats how angry wolves handle bears)

That's a polar.....this is how wolves handle grizzlies

grizzly_bear_and_gray_wolf-5521_2048x.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I feel better after starting 6 threads on the tyrant, COVID and BLM. And I thank RF for giving me the forum to sound off.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In one of those things thats not really funny, but it's actually pretty funny, reading the article about the lady married to the black guy reminded me a black doctor who gets viewed as lowly ranking hospital staff reminded me of one hospital I was in (my dad was admitted in it), and without looking professional, without looking doctorly, with all my piercings in and hair still messy then, I got a TON of people assuming I worked there, often as a care provider.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In one of those things thats not really funny, but it's actually pretty funny, reading the article about the lady married to the black guy reminded me a black doctor who gets viewed as lowly ranking hospital staff reminded me of one hospital I was in (my dad was admitted in it), and without looking professional, without looking doctorly, with all my piercings in and hair still messy then, I got a TON of people assuming I worked there, often as a care provider.
It must have been that you carried yourself like a professional.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
- Those unfamiliar with the cycle.
- Children who love to turn cranks, & watch things move.
- Guys who will say "Hey, a vertical sideshaft.".
(Sideshafts are desirable features.)

Btw, @columbus will love your post.

Being into track driving i have learned a lot about car engines. Apparently some men find a girl who knows what a crankshaft is to be quite sexy.

I had a tee shirt with
Suck
Squeeze
Bang
Blow
On the front along with little representations of the cycle alongside that i wore for track days. That also had a rather alarming effect on some men

ChristineM

Premium Member

You remind me of an incident.

I used to go out with a black guy, a thoracic surgeon at a major hospital that was close enough to the motorway to have to deal with serious crash victims.

He was well respected by the hospital staff but when we were out and about he/we faced some horrible racist abuse. One particular day when we were in town together a guy went ballistic, pushing Paul around, hitting him and spitting on both him and me.

The police broke it up and were about to arrest Paul until a couple of witness shouted up.

Three days later the same guy was admitted with serious chest damage from a high speed pile up on the motorway.

Paul fixed him and made a point of checking in on him each day during his recovery.

The guy never even thanked Paul for saving his life.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You remind me of an incident.

I used to go out with a black guy, a thoracic surgeon at a major hospital that was close enough to the motorway to have to deal with serious crash victims.

He was well respected by the hospital staff but when we were out and about he/we faced some horrible racist abuse. One particular day when we were in town together a guy went ballistic, pushing Paul around, hitting him and spitting on both him and me.

The police broke it up and were about to arrest Paul until a couple of witness shouted up.

Three days later the same guy was admitted with serious chest damage from a high speed pile up on the motorway.

Paul fixed him and made a point of checking in on him each day during his recovery.

The guy never even thanked Paul for saving his life.
This was in France?

ChristineM

Premium Member
This was in France?

No, the UK. About 10 years before we moved her.

Here i have never seen any racist displays in Fance (although i am sure they must happen in the bigger cities). In general no one gives a damn what colour you are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Being into track driving i have learned a lot about car engines. Apparently some men find a girl who knows what a crankshaft is to be quite sexy.

I had a tee shirt with
Suck
Squeeze
Bang
Blow
On the front along with little representations of the cycle alongside that i wore for track days. That also had a rather alarming effect on some men
And some women, no doubt.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back in the day, when I managed many university student properties,
we had "turnover" every August. (It's when one group moves out, &
another moves in.) We have 1 week to get all the maintenance done.
It's busy. I'd work 18 hour days doing everything. (Not that kind of
"everything", @columbus.)
One day, I got a call from some father who needed to speak to "the
owher". He complained bitterly about that rude laborer delivering
furniture. I said that was me. Silence.
We had no interaction, so he got caught in a lie.

False complaints against staff happen. We'd also see bigotry, but
being a very liberal town, it would be against black, white, male, &
female staff....a rainbow of abuse. The university's Tenant Union
liked to foment hostility.