• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nephew and his wife took a trip last week to Mexico...came back and now have covid...fortunately they live near Atlanta, so can't give it to us...unfortunately, she's a nurse practitioner, and had gone back to work before she tested positive...
The American soap opera common scene.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They say they've been careful (masks, distance, hand sanitizing, etc.), a NP she's fully aware of the real information on the risks...they just thought that what they were doing was sufficient...and they got caught by the virus...obviously, someplace along the chain precautions failed...
That sounds like my sister. She's a physician's assistant.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
cognitive dissonance...knowing the problem, but being so familiar with it not realizing that some of your behaviors are actually not consistent with the actual hazard...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not all people of course but still...

img.php

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
nothing quite that deep.....just looking for someone I don't think is an idiot
The era of Plato's philosopher kings is not here yet.

Failure to choose is to let other idiots who are even more idiotic choose for you.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If this was an episode of Star Trek, the coronavirus would have been cured in less than 48 minutes.

But which Trek doctor would have come up with a cure the fastest?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The era of Plato's philosopher kings is not here yet.

Failure to choose is to let other idiots who are even more idiotic choose for you.

The problem is....which is the least idiotic........you know, I'm tired of voting for the one I think will do the least damage.....but I don't think that it is possible to make that distinction......so I can't even do that now.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Given Human Empire has not recorded their own version of Together in Electric Dreams, I'm surprised the "music" industry meatheads haven't launched IP nuclear war against Spotify for mislabeling the song as the Human League.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Over the course of this pandemic I have basically used my new found California financial privilege to make fewer stops when shopping and pay for the convenience of making fewer stops. As California for me has saving dollars as the goal rather than Indiana mandating I save every penny I can.
How this played out today was me needing a new toothbrush, and instead of going to Dollar General or the 99 Cent store for one, I got one (two pack, actually) at Target since I was already there.
I discovered a whole new world of toothbrushes, all sorts of odd and strange and weird and queer tootchbrushes for people who are not poor but not rich. Like charcoal tootchbrushes. And vibrating tooth brushes. And floss toothbrushes. I never knew shopping for a toothbrush coupd take so long, but it apparently does when the choice is more than colors.