• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My housemate's brother has just played this with the piano...I burst out crying...it was so beautiful...

I had told him the notes
And he...bravo!

Sol# Sol# Re#
Do# Si La# Si La#
Sol# Sol# Mi
Re# Do# Si Do# La#
Si Si Sol#
Fa# Mi Re# Do# Si Sol# Si Sol# Si Sol#
Si La# Si La# Sol#
We flute players usually call La# Si bemolle (b)....so when someone tells us La# we are weirded out...
I wonder what tricks pianists use to recall them

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A grandfather trying to do the floss dance:

ezgif.com-resize.gif

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm debating whether to post a hilarious Simpsons video of Homer and Marge getting freaky.

But I'm not going to.

Besides, it might make my announcement meaningful.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is the origin of esculent?

People of a certain age may remember the old TV commercial from around 1957 or 1958 for Nucoa oleomargarine, “The new ubiquitous comestible is Nucoa, over all,” written by the great Stan Freberg. Esculent is right up there with comestible in the obscure word category. Both words mean exactly the same thing, “edible, something edible,” and both words derive from the Latin verb esse “to eat,” from the Proto-Indo-European root ed– “to eat” (preliterary Latin edsi “to eat” becomes esse in Latin). A suffixed noun form of ed-, edeska, becomes Latin esca “food,” from which the adjective esculentus is derived. Comestible comes from Late Latin comestibilis “eatable, edible,” from the Latin compound verb comesse (also comedere) “to eat up, finish eating,” formed from the intensive prefix com– and the simple verb esse. Esculent entered English in the first half of the 17th century (comestible in the late 15th century).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What is the origin of esculent?

People of a certain age may remember the old TV commercial from around 1957 or 1958 for Nucoa oleomargarine, “The new ubiquitous comestible is Nucoa, over all,” written by the great Stan Freberg. Esculent is right up there with comestible in the obscure word category. Both words mean exactly the same thing, “edible, something edible,” and both words derive from the Latin verb esse “to eat,” from the Proto-Indo-European root ed– “to eat” (preliterary Latin edsi “to eat” becomes esse in Latin). A suffixed noun form of ed-, edeska, becomes Latin esca “food,” from which the adjective esculentus is derived. Comestible comes from Late Latin comestibilis “eatable, edible,” from the Latin compound verb comesse (also comedere) “to eat up, finish eating,” formed from the intensive prefix com– and the simple verb esse. Esculent entered English in the first half of the 17th century (comestible in the late 15th century).
I have never understood the difference between shortening and margarine....btw...we Italians use little butter, we prefer margarine and oils like peanut oil or sunflower oil to fry....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Balancing checkbooks is so much fun. I'm down to close to the end. Of course it would be easier if I did it every month but procrastination typically prevails.