• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well the Razors Edge is not the story of my life...no bear in it anyways :D. I just wanted to read the book after seeing the movie a few times over the years

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that making movies is a way to advertise the books they are inspired by.

I started reading Lord of the Rings because of that...:p

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
the Razors edge in Italian is "il filo del rasoio" isn't it

Try it in Chinese "Tìdāo de yōushì" now that loses something in the translation

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm dealing with a friend's hard drive that booted only a short time ago but won't boot now. I think it might be a case of "It's dead, Jim"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh wait, you're an IT guy, and here I am giving you such basic advice lolololol.

As an IT guy, this is the one true way of dealing with recalcitrant computer hardware:

maxresdefault.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree given the time/patience needed fixing computer parts vs. the cost of getting new. Hint: There are often more benefits to getting new.
Only after a point and even then its iffy. Ive had my PC for over 6 years now, and a couple simple hard drive upgrades will be significantly cheaper and keep me above the average store PC specs (it was a store PC until the day I got it and threw in some better hardware). Overall, thats really the way to do it. A few hundred every few years for this or that, and your still leaving most people to eat your dust.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I decided once I dont need to sink tons of money into electrolysis I will basically be done working then so I can actually go live my life. Which is about the only thing that does come to mind when I think "what do I want to do with my life?" Have one for once.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At the trans group I went to last night, a couple mentioned an adult LGBT prom (turns out several of us there never went to a high school prom). Today I was thinking about that in my head. And the idea of someone asking me to it and dancing with me, it actually filled me with tons of anxiety and dread. It seems I have a long ways to go still before I can really trust someone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We need all restricted forums to be like religious DIRs.
Register, & only then is one allowed to post.
Prevents accidents.
Or....do the mods need an occasional target?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We need all restricted forums to be like religious DIRs.
Register, & only then is one allowed to post.
Prevents accidents.
Or....do the mods need an occasional target?
I still prefer it when they were more or less open, but more clearly labeled and thus more easily identifiable as such.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I still prefer it when they were more or less open, but more clearly labeled and thus more easily identifiable as such.
Those were the days.
I could converse with Buddhists in their forum.
All went swimmingly.
The current system makes going there far less interesting.
RF has become rather like ebay....protecting us from too much freewheeling conversation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I could converse with Buddhists in their forum.
All went swimmingly.
The current system makes going there far less interesting.
Yup. It was even possible to easily ask questions to have a misperspective or misunderstanding cleared up. Cthulhu forbid we have such reason and peace on the internet in this day of age.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup. It was even possible to easily ask questions to have a misperspective or misunderstanding cleared up. Cthulhu forbid we have such reason and peace on the internet in this day of age.
I know.
Civil & interesting discussion with an opposing side just can't be allowed.
We're all just hypersensitive special snowflakes, eh.

I'm starting to feel triggered.