• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
and now to my day I can add ArcGIS and video conferencing...... allow me to sum it up like this

giphy.gif
That's about how I felt when I was stuck counting clothes and gift bags. Only I wish there would have been actual flames shooting out of my fingertips (the lady running the store would have been incinerated), as well as my head because even though the store would have burnt down I could have at least said I got to thoroughly vent my anger.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Neither did I.
But the Chinese are becoming very advanced lately.
I was wondering the other day, is China or Uncle Sam more technologically advanced? Despite the widespread belief that it is probably China, I suspect it may actually be Uncle Sam. Mainly because Uncle Sam is pretty good about keeping military research secret and China is pretty good at stealing what people send them (which I doubt would include top-secret US military research - as much as I doubt Chinese military technology is made by the same hands that produce consumer goods). Of course we don't know what either country is fully capable of, but I suspect China's over-reliance on IP theft might slow them down some in the long run.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was wondering the other day, is China or Uncle Sam more technologically advanced? Despite the widespread belief that it is probably China, I suspect it may actually be Uncle Sam. Mainly because Uncle Sam is pretty good about keeping military research secret and China is pretty good at stealing what people send them (which I doubt would include top-secret US military research - as much as I doubt Chinese military technology is made by the same hands that produce consumer goods). Of course we don't know what either country is fully capable of, but I suspect China's over-reliance on IP theft might slow them down some in the long run.
I think the US is for now but China is stealing everything in sight to catch up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the US is for now but China is stealing everything in sight to catch up.
They can't steal what people don't send them, and at least a few in the corporate/commerce sector caught on to that years ago. That's what I largely build my hypothesis on. When it comes to the military, Uncle Sam is good about keeping his secrets. Could it be they have already been preparing for the dawn of cyber warfare, and are already to a point to catch the world off guard as it bulldozes over all opposition? America has, after all, always been very big into dominating others militarily. When it comes to cyber warfare, I doubt Uncle Sam will ignore the chance to once again shock the world by forever changing the flow of history.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Order the animals on an indexed cuteness scale from least cute to most cute. Now find where your pet is on the list and indicate the position as a fraction like this: (your pets cuteness index)/(total number of animals). If you get 1 as the answer then your pet is a kitten.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Order the animals on an indexed cuteness scale from least cute to most cute. Now find where your pet is on the list and indicate the position as a fraction like this: (your pets cuteness index)/(total number of animals). If you get 1 as the answer then your pet is a kitten.
The only thing cuter is a kitten frightening a cute bear.
tumblr_neegfc5ya81rsxqqio1_400.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, because the system is rigged by the Labrador retriever guild....that and grizzlies do on occasion get a little grumpy and maul folks....
I suspect it just comes down to labs being great *** kissers, brazen sycophants, and sickeningly agreeable. It could be the Rottweiler, but there is a potential for having to out-stubborn them (which includes teaching them they are too big to be a lap dog). It could be the Pitt Bull, but they reign supreme as victims of fake news. Maybe the chihuahua, who was going to win based on scoring mega huge ugly-cute points, but the lab smiled and did a little hop and stole the attention.