• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

4consideration

Premium Member
Much better!
Now I'm ignorant of issue #2, but no longer confused.
Sorry for the ambiguity. I was trying not to make the post too long.

The guy and a gal, twice on the same day, were racing, full-force, on the path side by side, coming right at me...in a way that would force a person to step off the path to keep from getting barreled over.

The first time, they got the benefit of the doubt: that they were too dumb to know not to run full force around a corner they can't see around, while in the oncoming traffic's lane.

The second time, they started running at me from about 60 paces ahead, with a straight shot view someone else was on the path... and they were running directly at the person, without sufficient clearance for 3 people, at the pace they were traveling.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

The guy and a gal, twice on the same day, were racing, full-force, on the path side by side, coming right at me...in a way that would force a person to step off the path to keep from getting barreled over.

The first time, they got the benefit of the doubt: that they were too dumb to know not to run full force around a corner they can't see around, while in the oncoming traffic's lane.

The second time, they started running at me from about 60 paces ahead, with a straight shot view someone else was on the path... and they were running directly at the person, without sufficient clearance for 3 people, at the pace they were traveling.
I've seen dogs do this to other dogs at the dog park which to me says something about the level of thought involved.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I've experienced similar.
Some people in groups think that all others must get out of the way.
I've resisted.
It involves a lot of bumping.
Then they discover that Scots are born with scent glands.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Oh, that was an update/reply to a rant of mine a while back about a guy at the park that took it upon himself to start calling out motivational phrases while passing me on the exercise path and it bugged me -- that I finally got a chance to say, please knock it off.
What I remember from that post was this.
Some acquaintance of yours said something vaguely positive and encouraging, in a totally nonthreatening way. Your response was to curse and stop doing it for a day at least.

Sounded irrational to me. But I am not a woman prone to PMS, so I kept my mouth shut.
Tom

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

I tripped a guy who did that to me once...he fell flat on his face....of course I was security at the time and he was charging at me head down like a bull....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So it turns out I used up my aid for the year, and my summer schedule just open way, way up.
This does suck though, because one class covers some things I've been trying to get help with from therapy, and I was counting on that money to get my car fixed up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some acquaintance of yours said something vaguely positive and encouraging, in a totally nonthreatening way. Your response was to curse and stop doing it for a day at least.

Sounded irrational to me. But I am not a woman prone to PMS, so I kept my mouth shut.
Tom
A guy prone to PMS?
Well, OK.....

Anyway, she might explain your misunderstanding.

Wu Wei

Now we might retire to New Hampshire...... I am sure within the 10 years it takes to get to retirement we will have covered all 50 states and a few countries as retirement possibilities

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
**** today. Not only did I have to drop all my classes, just as I was leaving my brothers the power control rod thing on my wheel popped loose and ripped the drive shaft apart.

4consideration

Premium Member

Tom
Actually, he is a stranger at the park, and we greet each other with a 'good morning" or "hi", because that's what most people at this park do.

There was no invitation to start a conversation, or start making personal comments, and after a few, when it appeared this was becoming a regular thing, I decided to say something and stop it rather than let it build up to the point of anger.

I think that's more rational than ignoring something bothersome, and later on verbally exploding at someone when it doesn't stop.

I definitely did not curse at him. I did not respond at all initially, once I felt really bothered, where my internal response was to want curse at him. I thought that would be inappropriate. You're right, though, I was concerned I might have had a hormonal component to the intensity of the feeling -- and was trying to do a reality check before doing anything.

However, I don't really think it irrational to dislike having a stranger decide they have permission to start calling out instructions/motivational phrases at me when they pass.

I could see why he might have thought comments like, "Don't stop!" is a positive comment to make, but I don't...and, I don't know him... and I didn't ask this stranger to start acting like he was my fitness instructor and calling out comments to me about how I'm doing, and what I should be doing.

If he had said that to my husband, my money would on Mr.4con saying "WTF?! Knock it off!"

I think most men would find it completely rational to object to someone crossing a personal boundary like that. I set a boundary with that guy about his unasked for input about me, and that is all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If I decide to not plug in my phone overnight because it has plenty of charge left it will last till morning and only take a few minutes to charge, that way I can charge other things - curse those people who blew up my phone and nearly ran the battery dead!

Wu Wei

2 years ago I told Mrs Wu our John Deere lawn tractor was not worth fixing because John Deere ain't what it use to be and all it was doing was taking more money that it was worth...so we should buy a different and better tractor. She said it cost so much to buy and we needed to use it (we bought it by the way because she decided I needed it)....I just got a phone call after another $200+ repair telling me we should not keep putting money into this, and then, ironically, she went on to inform me how much it has cost us over the last 2 years...now she wants to buy another one...after it is once again fixed and running again.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I do think that when I have to go in to get my lisense renewed, that I will tell them goddess said I will forever go completely and fully if I ever remove my glasses for than showering, because then you have dry them and get the streaks off and it's really a hassle, or when I'm sleeping because then they could break. And maybe if I ever have a sex life again. And of course at the optometrist. Other than that, nope, I go blind.
I will be that evil heathen in rural Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My sister is a physicians assistant.
My sister is also a total ****ing ignoramus.
I don't know what they teach in med school, but being an intelligent, rational, logical, smart person is apparently not something they teach in med school.