• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, I am thinking about farming buttons. How can I not? Old buttons can be found in the ground and some of those with cleaning will come back. The others that look ruined can be sold if they are rare.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Button collecting is weird....unlike my babbitt ingot collection.

A typical ingot....
361146580474_1.jpg

I haven't figured how to display them.
They're gawdawful heavy.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I looked it up, but I still don't know what it is.

(1922) A novel by Sinclair Lewis. The title character, an American real estate agent in a small city, is portrayed as a crass, loud, overoptimistic boor who thinks only about money and speaks in clichés, such as “You've gotta have pep, by golly!”

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
A ball bearing uses "marble" like balls.

But babbitt bearings are "plain bearings", which can be thought of as just slippery surfaces in which a shaft rotates.

You forgot some barrel bearing you retired Scottish deadbeat

http://www.bearing-needle.com/images/convex+Rollers.jpg

and needle bearings too

http://www.engineerlive.com/sites/e..._needle_roller_bearing_LR_0.JPG?itok=P5G7pbkm

I gave up trying to post the pictures, every single one of them kept coming up with a red x though it, so you got links...click em'

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You forgot some barrel bearing you retired Scottish deadbeat

thrust-bearing.jpg
I didn't forget "roller bearings" & "needle bearings" at all.
There are other kinds of bearings too.
I just didn't want to complicate things further.

Btw, it's interesting that your pic only displays when I look at your quoted post.