• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qur'an Read by an Agnostic Jew

Cordoba

A Jewish writer, Lesly Hazleton, gave herself three weeks to read The Qur'an before writing a book on Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

She ended up reading it slowly through 4 translations, verse by verse, in three months

In this 10 minute video, she summarizes her experience, in front of a large audience:

[youtube]O7yaDlZfqrc[/youtube]
YouTube - TEDxRainier - Lesley Hazleton

Very interesting

She sounds very convinced !!

And she does a better presentation about the Qur'an than many Muslims !

I really liked her presentation... It is really good that people are deriving more inspirational benefit from the Qur'an and being Qur'anically knowledgeable instead of just spewing nonsensical assumptions on the religion of Islam and the Qur'an as in former times.

I listened to the whole thing a while back... she has alot of valuable things to say in transforming Islam into modernity, I feel. :yes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Watched the 50 minutes video (and the shorter video before that).

These are the kind of results I imagine when I think of comparative religion. or the results you and an audience can get, when you discuss religion from an articulate and educated place, where cultural discussion is valued over the shallow need to prove one religion over the other and to win converts.