• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qur'an and translations

Ashuri10

Ok, so it's been a while, I was on a vacation, now I'm back, and it seems we have a new Muslim in this thread, I will answer most of what I can.

Ok? the word appear in the Quran in this verse:

80. O ye Children of Israel! We delivered you from your enemy, and We made a Covenant with you on the right side of Mount (Sinai), and We sent down to you Manna and quails:

I really don't understand what you are trying to prove here. Are you saying that the Quran's word for mountain is طور ?

For the record, your earlier comment about Christoph Luxenberg is not my source, my source is my knowledge in my own native language and my knowledge in Arabic, in fact I disagree with a lot of the things that Luxenberg wrote but that's a whole different topic.

It's simple, the word "Tur" is Aramaic, not Arabic, this proves that the Qur'an has foregin words in it and it's not 100% Arabic.

True, Dhal is not there. That's interesting. Can you please give me the source where you got these images from?

I heard from some scholars that there was some incomplete or wrong scripts which have ben written, and it wasn't properly destroyed, and i want to make sure whether that one was one of them or not.

I would love to examine it myself and i'll come back to you.

I got these pages while doing some search online, I did the background check and it comes from the forum of this website Desi Friends :: Desi Friends Network

It seems one of the members there had posted these pages, looks like pictures taken with a camera of a copy of the book, here's the link to the exact post:

Al-Quran Original

Great, i hope you understand now even with today's modern Quran we have, there are still words without alef for instance but arabs can automatically read it with alef without referring to vowels because it can never make any sense without alef. Got it now?

Still does not explain the missing Dhaal, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Ashuri10

i guess our problem with the bible is far beyond the probable errors of the translation...the problem is that the original text ,that was being translated , has nothing to do with the injeel revealed to jesus (pbuh)...we believe in the injeel revealed in jesus..but not in the bible that is mostly written by paul..our problem is not with the translation..

[2:79] Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby

Ahmed deedat says :

Out of the total of 27 Books of the New Testament, more than half is authored by Paul. As opposed to Paul, the Master has not written a single word of the twenty-seven books. If you can lay your hands on what is called "'A Red Letter Bible," you will find every word alleged to have been uttered by Jesus (pbuh) - in red ink and the rest in normal black ink. Don't be shocked to find that in this so called "Injeel," the Gospel of Jesus, over ninety percent of the 27 Books of the New Testament is printed in black ink!
This is the candid Christian confession on what they call the "Injeel." In actual any confrontation with Christian missionaries, you will find them quoting one hundred percent from Paul.

This is all a claim with no evidence, but whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

I agree that the Bible is not perfect and has errors (Same errors in the Qur'an), but not because it was corrupted, but because it was written by men, men who are prone to making errors.

you claim that the reason there is only one quranic version after the dots and vowels were added is that Othman picked one and got rid of the others ,but this is plain falsehood..you know why ?...simply because the quran compiled by othman was without any dots or vowels !!!
Wrong, this is not what I claimed, perhaps you should go back and read what I said about Uthman before you quote me.

I said that the dots were added later as the Arabic language was evolving, this has nothing to do with Uthman's Quranic selection.

You are correct, Uthman's Qur'an is not dotted, after all the pictures I brought up in this thread were from Uthman's copy and they were not dotted, my point is Uthman burnt the copies of the other Quranic versions in those days and kept one single copy, this means that the Quran had more than one version.

Read up on the earliest Quranic manuscript today (The Sana'a manuscripts), I think you'll find some interesting answers there.

Also you claim that new letters were added to the arabic alphabet , which is true, but this happened much earlier than the revealation of the quran..what you call the modern alphapet was already known before Islam..the letters Baa ' , Taa' , Thaa' were distinct in the arabic tongue..only written the same ,without the dots

This is a letter send by the prophet (PBUH) to one of the kings..you will be able to see the letters Baa' ,Taa' and Thaa'..So what you are saying about the adding of new letters is no more than intentional misleading
I'm not misleading nothing, I'm simply showing that the alphabets that were used were not the same in the sense that they were raw and they came from their original semitic roots, for example Dhaal and Daal were indeed the same letter, but depending on how you pronounce things you make a certain sounds for certain words.

This happens in Aramaic and Hebrew to this day, for example, the following sounds share the same letters:

P and F
7 (7aa' sound) and Kh
D and Dh
T and Th
B can sometimes sound like W or V
G can sometimes sound like Gh or J
K can sometimes sound like Kh
So on....

Essentially, this is what Arabic was similar to.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok, so it's been a while, I was on a vacation, now I'm back, and it seems we have a new Muslim in this thread, I will answer most of what I can.

Welcome again.

For the record, your earlier comment about Christoph Luxenberg is not my source, my source is my knowledge in my own native language and my knowledge in Arabic, in fact I disagree with a lot of the things that Luxenberg wrote but that's a whole different topic.

Good to hear that. But why didn't you check the other *evidences* i have provided there for the things you have claimed?

It's simple, the word "Tur" is Aramaic, not Arabic, this proves that the Qur'an has foregin words in it and it's not 100% Arabic.

Are you kidding me or what? Tur was the name of the mountain, just a name.

I got these pages while doing some search online, I did the background check and it comes from the forum of this website Desi Friends :: Desi Friends Network

It seems one of the members there had posted these pages, looks like pictures taken with a camera of a copy of the book, here's the link to the exact post:

Al-Quran Original

Still does not explain the missing Dhaal, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

That's it? you got it from a forum? heck, i don't even understand what they are talking about there. It's Urdo. Please find me a reliable source if you need serious answers.

I already mentioned the possibilities on why the dal would go missing on that particular copy.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is all a claim with no evidence, but whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

I agree that the Bible is not perfect and has errors (Same errors in the Qur'an), but not because it was corrupted, but because it was written by men, men who are prone to making errors.

Ha ha ha, what a joke! you are really good with jokes. The Quran is without error, and if you think it has errors, show us where please.

Read up on the earliest Quranic manuscript today (The Sana'a manuscripts), I think you'll find some interesting answers there.

Interesting answers? like what? please enlighten us.

Ashuri10

Are you kidding me or what? Tur was the name of the mountain, just a name.

This is none sense, there's no such mountain by that name, the word "Tur" is an Aramaic word for mountain, and even your own Islamic scholars who translated the Quran to English have translated the word to "Mount" in the the English translations, but I guess they're stupid and they don't understand anything if we follow your analogy, anyways, here's your online English Quran from an Islamic website which confirms what I claim:

"We made a covenant with you on the right side of the Mount"

And in the Arabic Quran it says "Al Toor" in that verse, which confirms the above translation, but I guess the Muslim Imams that translated these Qurans in English don't know crap and you know it all, interesting.

Tur is Aramaic, this does not even need any scholars to translate it for you, this is a fact, get over it and suck it up.

That's it? you got it from a forum? heck, i don't even understand what they are talking about there. It's Urdo. Please find me a reliable source if you need serious answers.
It's a website made by Muslims and includes majority Muslim members, but regardless, it seems like this person took pics of a Quranic copy, if he's Muslim there's no reason to believe that he would manupliate anything.

I already mentioned the possibilities on why the dal would go missing on that particular copy.
And what's that possibility? that this is one of those bad Qurans? Who says it's a bad Quran? Just accept the fact that your book is not perfect, end of story, and I'm not even talking about it being divine or not because to me that is not important and I can care less whether it's divine or not, I'm simply talking from a historical point of view where other copies existed that were different versions, yet they were all burnt.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is none sense, there's no such mountain by that name, the word "Tur" is an Aramaic word for mountain, and even your own Islamic scholars who translated the Quran to English have translated the word to "Mount" in the the English translations, but I guess they're stupid and they don't understand anything if we follow your analogy, anyways, here's your online English Quran from an Islamic website which confirms what I claim:

"We made a covenant with you on the right side of the Mount"

And in the Arabic Quran it says "Al Toor" in that verse, which confirms the above translation, but I guess the Muslim Imams that translated these Qurans in English don't know crap and you know it all, interesting.

Tur is Aramaic, this does not even need any scholars to translate it for you, this is a fact, get over it and suck it up.

Why are you angry all of the sudden sir? clam down please. :)

I really don't understand what's in it for you. Do you think arabic came from the sky?

It's just a language and a language can have effect on other language as it will be effected as a result of that. Just because it happened that in your language there this Toor thing, that doesn't mean the Quran was written in your language. I thought you have some knowledge in languages but it seems that you use that to twist arguments and make false claims, nothing more and nothing less.

On the other hand, i really don't understand even why it can't be the other around, that your language picked up thses things from Arabic.

It's a website made by Muslims and includes majority Muslim members, but regardless, it seems like this person took pics of a Quranic copy, if he's Muslim there's no reason to believe that he would manupliate anything.

Sheesh, i'm telling you i don't understand what they are saying there and what topic they are talking about, so get over it, and bring me some real sources.

And what's that possibility? that this is one of those bad Qurans? Who says it's a bad Quran? Just accept the fact that your book is not perfect, end of story, and I'm not even talking about it being divine or not because to me that is not important and I can care less whether it's divine or not, I'm simply talking from a historical point of view where other copies existed that were different versions, yet they were all burnt.

Oh my, we will keep in this childish cycle all over and over, i thought we were done. Pick a Quran and tell me the errors in it--don't bring it from some unknown so called copies from the internet--but the Quran all Muslims and all the world know to be legtimate and authentic. Go a head. I'll wait for you sir to come back with your so called errors.

Ashuri10

Why are you angry all of the sudden sir? clam down please.
I really don't understand what's in it for you. Do you think arabic came from the sky?

It's just a language and a language can have effect on other language as it will be effected as a result of that. Just because it happened that in your language there this Toor thing, that doesn't mean the Quran was written in your language. I thought you have some knowledge in languages but it seems that you use that to twist arguments and make false claims, nothing more and nothing less.

I'm not angry, in fact I'm laughing on how much blind you guys can be, it's like I'm showing you a red shirt, yet you insist that it's green.

I'm not twisting any arguments, I have studied semitic languages quite a bit and can share my knowledge on this subject for the fact that I know both languages fluently, Arabic and Aramaic, can you say the same? When you can, then I can take your argument seriously.

On the other hand, i really don't understand even why it can't be the other around, that your language picked up thses things from Arabic.

See, this is the none sense that I'm talking about, in your language the word for mountain is "Jabal", not "Tur", so if my language picked up the word from Arabic we would be saying "Jabal", not "Tur".

On the other hand, you claim that the word "Tur" was the name of the mountain, when clearly your own Arabic Muslim scholars have translated it to "Mount", what does that tell you? It clearly says that this is NOT the name of the mountain, but rather the mountain itself, and if the Arabic word for mountain is "Jabal", and the word "Tur" is all over the Aramaic sources with the Christian Gospels and the Hebrew Bible as well, and also outside Christian and Jewish sources such as the ancient Assyrian/Babylonian times when they used Aramaic, what does that tell you? It clearly tells you that the word "Tur" is Aramaic, not Arabic, saying that Tur is an Arabic word is like saying the word "Lake" is Chinese, just accept it and suck it up, stop arguing about something that you have no knowledge of.

Or maybe it was the other way around. Hmm ...

Mr. Tariq, saying maybe they took it from Arabic is like saying maybe the core of the earth is made of cheese lol, dude, stop making claims which you have no knowledge of, if the word "Tur" is Arabic, then where did the Arabs get the word "Jabal" from? perhaps they borrowed it from the Mongolians or something :rolleyes:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not angry, in fact I'm laughing on how much blind you guys can be, it's like I'm showing you a red shirt, yet you insist that it's green.

I'm not twisting any arguments, I have studied semitic languages quite a bit and can share my knowledge on this subject for the fact that I know both languages fluently, Arabic and Aramaic, can you say the same? When you can, then I can take your argument seriously.

I can claim Arabic, but definitely not Aramaic. And just because you claim something, that's not a valid reason for me to take your word for it, because i don't know you.

See, this is the none sense that I'm talking about, in your language the word for mountain is "Jabal", not "Tur", so if my language picked up the word from Arabic we would be saying "Jabal", not "Tur".

In arabic there are many names for many things. Jabal and Tur is one of them. Tur must be an old semetic name for mountain which current arabs no longer use. Well, they speak slang today anyway.

On the other hand, you claim that the word "Tur" was the name of the mountain, when clearly your own Arabic Muslim scholars have translated it to "Mount", what does that tell you? It clearly says that this is NOT the name of the mountain, but rather the mountain itself, and if the Arabic word for mountain is "Jabal", and the word "Tur" is all over the Aramaic sources with the Christian Gospels and the Hebrew Bible as well, and also outside Christian and Jewish sources such as the ancient Assyrian/Babylonian times when they used Aramaic, what does that tell you? It clearly tells you that the word "Tur" is Aramaic, not Arabic, saying that Tur is an Arabic word is like saying the word "Lake" is Chinese, just accept it and suck it up, stop arguing about something that you have no knowledge of.

Listen buddy, even if we assumed you were right, i can show you more foreign words in the Quran than you are aware of but that have been used to speak to people from all over the world, and as a proof that Mohammed is not bringing this out of the blue, but from the same God that spoke to Abraham, Moses, etc, but the expressions and the structure of the verses are pure arabic, and you know that more than me, if you are what you claim to be. Foreign words and names in the Quran are no new subject and many Muslim scholars have talked about it. I can even find certain words in the Quran from the language my tribe speaks which is not pure arabic, because i'm Eritrean and we have our local lanuage which is similar to arabic beside Arabic.

So sir, you didn't come up with something new. The miracle in the Quran is in it's expression and the structure of the arguments, not of names or places. :)

I can speak in english here but at the same time, i can say haram and halal and everybody would understand what i mean, and i would say kafir instead of non-muslim, and although it's in arabic but everybody would understand what i mean and the same goes for the Quran. This should be even a greater proof over your shoulder that this Quran is from God, the God of all races, but not only arabs, if you understand what i mean.

Save all your arguments and try to concentrate more in the source of the Quran. Try to find some evidences that Mohammed was not the source, but someone else, you will find none.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did a quick search and i found the the Muslims talked about this in the first century of Islam, and one of them one the cousin of Prophet Mohammed, Ibn Abbas.

They agreed that the Quran contains many words which are being used in other languages and these words are in two parts:

1- Some of it are not arabic words, but arabs used it when they mixed with other nations, like Persians, Habasha, and i guess that goes for your country too.

2- Some of it are only known to specific arabic tribes and other arabs might not know the meaning of it.

But they ALL agreed that there are no one single senstence in any other language than the Quran, and if that was the case, the enemies of Prophet Mohammed from Arabs, Christians at that time or even some Jews would have pointed that out as a valid argument for rejecting him, but there is no record that any of them have used that argument against him because all the sentences are in arabic although some words have been used like Noah, Lut, Israel, and also عليون ، سجين ، مرقوم ، أرائك, etc.

الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه، أما بعـد:
فليس في القرآن تركيب على غير أساليب العرب، وفيه أسماء أعلام لمن لسانه غير لسان العرب نحو إسرائيل وعمران ونوح...
&#1608;&#1602;&#1583; &#1575;&#1582;&#1578;&#1604;&#1601; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1604;&#1605;&#1575;&#1569; &#1601;&#1610;&#1605;&#1575; &#1573;&#1584;&#1575; &#1603;&#1575;&#1606; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607; &#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1594;&#1610;&#1585; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1593;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; &#1608;&#1604;&#1610;&#1587;&#1578; &#1605;&#1606; &#1603;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1585;&#1576;.</SPAN>
&#1602;&#1575;&#1604; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1585;&#1591;&#1576;&#1610; &#1601;&#1610; &#1605;&#1602;&#1583;&#1605;&#1577; &#1578;&#1601;&#1587;&#1610;&#1585;&#1607;: &#1608;&#1575;&#1582;&#1578;&#1604;&#1601;&#1608;&#1575; &#1607;&#1604; &#1608;&#1602;&#1593; &#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1594;&#1610;&#1585; &#1571;&#1593;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; &#1605;&#1601;&#1585;&#1583;&#1577; &#1605;&#1606; &#1594;&#1610;&#1585; &#1603;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1548; &#1601;&#1584;&#1607;&#1576; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1575;&#1590;&#1610; &#1571;&#1576;&#1608; &#1576;&#1603;&#1585; &#1576;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1591;&#1610;&#1576; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1591;&#1610;&#1576;&#1610; &#1608;&#1594;&#1610;&#1585;&#1607;&#1605;&#1575; &#1573;&#1604;&#1609; &#1571;&#1606; &#1584;&#1604;&#1603; &#1604;&#1575; &#1610;&#1608;&#1580;&#1583; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607;&#1548; &#1608;&#1571;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1585;&#1570;&#1606; &#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1610; &#1589;&#1585;&#1610;&#1581;&#1548; &#1608;&#1605;&#1575; &#1608;&#1580;&#1583; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607; &#1605;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1575;&#1604;&#1578;&#1610; &#1578;&#1606;&#1587;&#1576; &#1573;&#1604;&#1609; &#1587;&#1575;&#1574;&#1585; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1594;&#1575;&#1578; &#1573;&#1606;&#1605;&#1575; &#1575;&#1578;&#1601;&#1602; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607;&#1575; &#1571;&#1606; &#1578;&#1608;&#1575;&#1585;&#1583;&#1578; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1594;&#1575;&#1578; &#1593;&#1604;&#1610;&#1607;&#1575; &#1601;&#1578;&#1603;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578; &#1576;&#1607;&#1575; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1585;&#1576; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1601;&#1585;&#1587; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1576;&#1588;&#1577; &#1608;&#1594;&#1610;&#1585;&#1607;&#1605;&#1548; &#1608;&#1584;&#1607;&#1576; &#1576;&#1593;&#1590;&#1607;&#1605; &#1573;&#1604;&#1609; &#1608;&#1580;&#1608;&#1583;&#1607;&#1575; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607;&#1548; &#1608;&#1571;&#1606; &#1578;&#1604;&#1603; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1604;&#1602;&#1604;&#1578;&#1607;&#1575; &#1604;&#1575; &#1578;&#1582;&#1585;&#1580; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1585;&#1570;&#1606; &#1593;&#1606; &#1603;&#1608;&#1606;&#1607; &#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1610;&#1575; &#1605;&#1576;&#1610;&#1606;&#1575;&#1548; &#1608;&#1604;&#1575; &#1585;&#1587;&#1608;&#1604; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1593;&#1606; &#1603;&#1608;&#1606;&#1607; &#1605;&#1578;&#1603;&#1604;&#1605;&#1575; &#1576;&#1604;&#1587;&#1575;&#1606; &#1602;&#1608;&#1605;&#1607;... (1/104).

ÅÓáÇã æíÈ - ãÑßÒ ÇáÝÊæì - åá Ýí ÇáÞÑÂä ÃáÝÇÙ ÛíÑ ÚÑÈíÉ

Also read here:

&#1602;&#1575;&#1604; &#1575;&#1604;&#1591;&#1576;&#1585;&#1610; :

" &#1608;&#1604;&#1605; &#1606;&#1587;&#1578;&#1606;&#1603;&#1585; &#1571;&#1606; &#1610;&#1603;&#1608;&#1606; &#1605;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1603;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; &#1605;&#1575; &#1610;&#1578;&#1601;&#1602; &#1601;&#1610;&#1607; &#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1580;&#1605;&#1610;&#1593; &#1571;&#1580;&#1606;&#1575;&#1587; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1605;&#1605; &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1582;&#1578;&#1604;&#1601;&#1577; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1587;&#1606; &#1576;&#1605;&#1593;&#1606;&#1609; &#1608;&#1575;&#1581;&#1583; &#1548; &#1601;&#1603;&#1610;&#1601; &#1576;&#1580;&#1606;&#1587;&#1610;&#1606; &#1605;&#1606;&#1607;&#1575; &#1548; &#1603;&#1605;&#1575; &#1602;&#1583; &#1608;&#1580;&#1583;&#1606;&#1575; &#1575;&#1578;&#1601;&#1575;&#1602; &#1603;&#1579;&#1610;&#1585; &#1605;&#1606;&#1607;&#1605; &#1601;&#1610;&#1605;&#1575; &#1602;&#1583; &#1593;&#1604;&#1605;&#1606;&#1575;&#1607; &#1605;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1587;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1582;&#1578;&#1604;&#1601;&#1577; &#1548; &#1608;&#1584;&#1604;&#1603; &#1603;&#1575;&#1604;&#1583;&#1585;&#1607;&#1605; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1583;&#1610;&#1606;&#1575;&#1585; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1583;&#1608;&#1575;&#1577; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1604;&#1605; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1585;&#1591;&#1575;&#1587; " . &#1575;&#1606;&#1578;&#1607;&#1609;

&#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1584;&#1607;&#1576; &#1575;&#1604;&#1579;&#1575;&#1604;&#1579; &#1607;&#1608; &#1604;&#1576;&#1593;&#1590; &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1581;&#1579;&#1610;&#1606; &#1548; &#1608;&#1607;&#1608; &#1610;&#1580;&#1605;&#1593; &#1576;&#1610;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1608;&#1604;&#1610;&#1606; &#1548; &#1601;&#1607;&#1608; &#1610;&#1602;&#1608;&#1604; : &#1573;&#1606; &#1608;&#1580;&#1608;&#1583; &#1576;&#1593;&#1590; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1593;&#1580;&#1605;&#1610;&#1577; &#1604;&#1575; &#1610;&#1615;&#1582;&#1585;&#1580;&#1607; &#1593;&#1606; &#1603;&#1608;&#1606;&#1607; &#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1610;&#1617;&#1575;&#1611; &#1563; &#1604;&#1571;&#1606;&#1607;&#1575; &#1602;&#1604;&#1610;&#1604;&#1577; &#1548; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1576;&#1585;&#1577; &#1604;&#1604;&#1571;&#1603;&#1579;&#1585; &#1548; &#1603;&#1605;&#1575; &#1571;&#1606; &#1605;&#1606; &#1610;&#1593;&#1585;&#1601; &#1603;&#1578;&#1575;&#1576;&#1577; &#1575;&#1587;&#1605;&#1607; &#1601;&#1602;&#1591; &#1604;&#1575; &#1610;&#1615;&#1582;&#1585;&#1580;&#1607; &#1593;&#1606; &#1603;&#1608;&#1606;&#1607; &#1571;&#1605;&#1617;&#1616;&#1610;&#1617;&#1575;&#1611; &#1548; &#1608;&#1571;&#1606; &#1607;&#1584;&#1607; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1604;&#1601;&#1575;&#1592; &#1607;&#1610; &#1571;&#1593;&#1580;&#1605;&#1610;&#1577; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1589;&#1604; &#1548; &#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1610;&#1577; &#1576;&#1575;&#1604;&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1593;&#1605;&#1575;&#1604; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1578;&#1593;&#1585;&#1610;&#1576; .

&#1608;&#1576;&#1593;&#1583; &#1607;&#1584;&#1575; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1585;&#1590; &#1604;&#1604;&#1571;&#1602;&#1608;&#1575;&#1604; &#1610;&#1578;&#1576;&#1610;&#1606; &#1571;&#1606;&#1607; &#1604;&#1575; &#1605;&#1580;&#1575;&#1604; &#1604;&#1604;&#1591;&#1593;&#1606; &#1601;&#1610; &#1603;&#1578;&#1575;&#1576; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1578;&#1593;&#1575;&#1604;&#1609; &#1576;&#1605;&#1579;&#1604; &#1607;&#1584;&#1607; &#1575;&#1604;&#1588;&#1576;&#1607;&#1577; &#1548; &#1608;&#1571;&#1606;&#1607; &#1604;&#1608; &#1603;&#1575;&#1606;&#1578; &#1605;&#1580;&#1575;&#1604;&#1575;&#1611; &#1604;&#1604;&#1591;&#1593;&#1606; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1585;&#1570;&#1606; &#1604;&#1605;&#1575; &#1578;&#1585;&#1603;&#1607;&#1575; &#1571;&#1587;&#1604;&#1575;&#1601; &#1607;&#1572;&#1604;&#1575;&#1569; &#1605;&#1606; &#1605;&#1588;&#1585;&#1603;&#1610; &#1605;&#1603;&#1577; &#1608;&#1605;&#1606; &#1576;&#1593;&#1583;&#1607;&#1605; &#1548; &#1608;&#1607;&#1605; &#1571;&#1607;&#1604; &#1604;&#1594;&#1577; &#1548; &#1608;&#1604;&#1605; &#1610;&#1578;&#1585;&#1603;&#1608;&#1575; &#1605;&#1580;&#1575;&#1604;&#1575;&#1611; &#1604;&#1571;&#1581;&#1583;&#1613; &#1604;&#1604;&#1591;&#1593;&#1606; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604;&#1606;&#1576;&#1610; &#1589;&#1604;&#1609; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1593;&#1604;&#1610;&#1607; &#1608;&#1587;&#1604;&#1605; &#1608;&#1603;&#1578;&#1575;&#1576; &#1585;&#1576;&#1607; &#1573;&#1604;&#1575; &#1602;&#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1607; &#1548; &#1608;&#1607;&#1608; &#1571;&#1606;&#1607;&#1605; &#1608;&#1580;&#1583;&#1608;&#1575; &#1607;&#1584;&#1607; &#1575;&#1604;&#1588;&#1576;&#1607;&#1577; &#1602;&#1575;&#1574;&#1605;&#1577; &#1604;&#1602;&#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1607;&#1575; .&#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1571;&#1593;&#1604;&#1605; ..</SPAN>

åá Ýí ÇáÞÑÂä ÃáÝÇÙ ÛíÑ ÚÑÈíÉ ¿ - ÃÎÈÇÑ ÚÑÈ äÊ ÝÇíÝ

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Try to find some evidences that Mohammed was not the source, but someone else, you will find none.
I hate to intrude, but you might want to rephrase this line, as it can be taken the wrong way very easily. <grin> Theoretically the source of the Qur'an is Allah, not "Prophet" Mohammed [pbuh]. :flirt:

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Ashuri I fail to understand how the link I gave you was not enough evidence of the Quran being in its original form as revealed by Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Firstly, as I stated in the PM, as far as the written Arabic goes it has, indeed, evolved. Specifically since there was a time that written languages did not exist at all and speech was what began it all. The spoken Quran is the same (albeit with pronunciation differences) but an Irish and Scottish can speak the same sentence use the same words but sound different. The words and letters remain the same.

Moreover, any evolution in the written form of Arabic does not damage the accuracy of the Quran because, as I stated (and I believe as you agreed), the word-to-word, letter-to-letter relationships between the older and newer scripts of the language was one-to-one. If this was not so there would have been more versions of the Quran than we see today depending on how Arabic evolved. However, this is not true so at least, I hope, you agree that what we have in our hands is the same Arabic of Uthman.

That much is clear I hope.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I hate to intrude, but you might want to rephrase this line, as it can be taken the wrong way very easily. <grin> Theoretically the source of the Qur'an is Allah, not "Prophet" Mohammed [pbuh]. :flirt:

I agree, i just thought my point was clear enough. Thanks. ;)

Ashuri10

Ashuri I fail to understand how the link I gave you was not enough evidence of the Quran being in its original form as revealed by Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Firstly, as I stated in the PM, as far as the written Arabic goes it has, indeed, evolved. Specifically since there was a time that written languages did not exist at all and speech was what began it all. The spoken Quran is the same (albeit with pronunciation differences) but an Irish and Scottish can speak the same sentence use the same words but sound different. The words and letters remain the same.

Moreover, any evolution in the written form of Arabic does not damage the accuracy of the Quran because, as I stated (and I believe as you agreed), the word-to-word, letter-to-letter relationships between the older and newer scripts of the language was one-to-one. If this was not so there would have been more versions of the Quran than we see today depending on how Arabic evolved. However, this is not true so at least, I hope, you agree that what we have in our hands is the same Arabic of Uthman.

That much is clear I hope.

Ok, I'll break down on what I agree with:

- The Quran was written by men.
- The Quran had verious versions.
- Uthman burnt all the other versions and kept one version.
- The Uthmani Quran evolved.
- Today you have a modern modified Uthmani Quran.
- There's no evidence on which Quran was the most accurate.
- The earliest complete Quran that resembles modern Qurans is from the 9th century.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
- The Uthmani Quran evolved.
- Today you have a modern modified Uthmani Quran.
- There's no evidence on which Quran was the most accurate.
- The earliest complete Quran that resembles modern Qurans is from the 9th century.
And it is for these last four points that I disprove by my previous post. Can you offer a rebuttal/refutation?

As for the first three points, I'll get to them after we are done with the last four.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Yes. Remember 9-11-01?
Hmmm ... God said that "It is We who will protect it" (gist) when referring to the Quranic revelation.

Now it is true that the Quran has been protected letter for letter. But if the same letters and words lead to different meanings ... if they lead to meanings that could convince people to 9/11 then no one can say the Quran has been truly protected, can they?

Rolling Stone the Quran is not equivelant to Allah. Divine decree is not the same as the Divine who issues the decree. Revelation that is Divine and that comes from an Absolute, Omnipotent, All-Powerful vantage point is not appropriate to local conditions should Allah deem so. So on your first two points I disagree.

However, it is the last point, 9/11, that I believe you have something. Muslims: yes the Quran is word for word the same Quran that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). But if such a variety of interpretations exist such that even 9/11 could justified by the Quran then really, the Quran (despite being the same word for word) does no better than Torah or Bible.

Rolling Stone you have raised a good point. I have an answer to it. But I want to see Muslim opinion because your question ultimately supports a claim of mine Muslims here dispute.

Rolling_Stone

You might disagree, but I believe there are three classes of revelation:

1. General revelation&#8212;the development values, arts and science through evolution.
  2. Autorevelation&#8212;revelation originating from the spiritual core and welling up through the psyche.
  3. Special revelation&#8212;revelation from external influences, whether messengers from God or incarnations of the Divine.
The words of the prophets can be either autorevelation or or special revelation. Either way, they should not be understood in terms of direct divine knowledge, but rather as God communicating within the framework of that society and conditioned by the individual's mind: God using its language, thought forms, characteristic modes of expression, and various shades of tacit connotations and resonances. Prophetic revelation is not simply an individual act or experience however important, but a process by which a people come to develop through a common understanding.

I don't want to offend anyone, though I'm sure I will, but this is the way I see it: The ethnocentric and xenophobic characteristics associated with Islam grew from Arab tribalism and hostilities, not Islam per se. Yet, I also see Islam appealing to people of the same mindset. The "American Taliban" and some of the "black Muslim" communities here in America are examples.These are people who, feeling alienated in their own communities, find solace in another projecting the same feelings.

No matter how great the revelation, it cannot avoid being limited in its scope and human appeal--and nothing so limited can be perfect or complete.

Last edited: