• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The psychology of Patriarchate: why strong, heterosexual men are the enemy

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No Patriarchy?
Women are victims of a system that requires them to paint their faces, shave their legs and armpits, wear high heels, submit to inferior compensation, among other humiliations - all as a way of marginalizing them by insisting that their value is dependent on their sexuality and submission. If that ain’t patriarchy, what the hell is?

Do you think women do that to do a favor to men?
Absolutely not.

Do you think this Italian TV host wears this kind of outfits because men told her to?
Absolutely not. She likes those outfits and she is proud of her own body. The body that God gave her.
So why should she hide it?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It has been employed as a marketing strategy quite a bit, so it does have the propaganda angle working for it.
If you don't explain yourself, I can't read your mind.
Develop your point, instead of giving me telegraphic answers.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
It doesn't matter. I will tell what it says. A woman says that statistically, the 90% of women, in the US, have experienced some sort of "harassment" from men, which includes unwanted advances, and rape, or other things. One out of four have experienced sexual assault.
Is she right?
One out of six women have experienced sexual assault during their lifetime, according to this source:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
One out of six women have experienced sexual assault during their lifetime, according to this source:
What is "sexual assault"?

Because during my university years, I can tell that: a fellow student groped by bottom, another tried to kiss me against my will, another got me drunk and groped me in the disco.
Do you mean this?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It doesn't matter. I will tell what it says. A woman says that statistically, the 90% of women, in the US, have experienced some sort of "harassment" from men, which includes unwanted advances, and rape, or other things. One out of four have experienced sexual assault.
Is she right?

A small percentage. At least, here in my country.

I would like to tell something to American women. I am very serious. And it's my First Amendment right to say this:
nobody forces you to date men. If you think men are a potential threat, do not date them or befriend them.

I am a heterosexual woman and I love men. My boyfriends were all gentlemen and courteous.
And I am not ashamed of saying that I like men, especially their sex drives.
I'm confused.

I've faced sexual assault/harassment. That doesn't mean I held it against all men. Just the turds that were a problem.

I, too, am a heterosexual woman who loves men. So what?

There might be a few feminist man haters. There might be a few misogynists who disregard women. Neither are a notable majority, at least where I am.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

I might be wrong, but I think @crossfire may be referencing how red pillers use this narrative or a similar one to it to manipulate disenfranchised incels into buying their books, going to their seminars, subscribing to their men's clubs, and just consuming their material in general. It's a grift that makes a lot of money on unhappy men

Firenze

Premium Member
Do you think women do that to do a favor to men?
Absolutely not.

Do you think this Italian TV host wears this kind of outfits because men told her to?
Absolutely not. She likes those outfits and she is proud of her own body. The body that God gave her.
So why should she hide it?

I’m afraid it is both incredibly naive and typical that women indoctrinated by centuries of male dominated cultures actually believe they dress provocatively because they ‘want to’, and not because patriarchy has conditioned them so. I woman flashing her tits will certainly get the attention of men - please don’t confuse that with respect.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Here is an advertisement from Gillette Razors that highlights the need for change in advertising stragegies with examples of the old and examples how to affect change:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I’m afraid it is both incredibly naive and typical that women indoctrinated by centuries of male dominated cultures actually believe they dress provocatively because they ‘want to’, and not because patriarchy has conditioned them so. I woman flashing her tits will certainly get the attention of men - please don’t confuse that with respect.

I asked you about that video. About Barbara D'Urso. A TV host and newscaster. May I have an answer, please?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I might be wrong, but I think @crossfire may be referencing how red pillers use this narrative or a similar one to it to manipulate disenfranchised incels into buying their books, going to their seminars, subscribing to their men's clubs, and just consuming their material in general. It's a grift that makes a lot of money on unhappy men
Honestly I would like to know what the incel movement has to do with the topic.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Is she right?

A small percentage. At least, here in my country.

I would like to tell something to American women. I am very serious. And it's my First Amendment right to say this:
nobody forces you to date men. If you think men are a potential threat, do not date them or befriend them.

I am a heterosexual woman and I love men. My boyfriends were all gentlemen and courteous.
And I am not ashamed of saying that I like men, especially their sex drives.
You don't have a first amendment right here so kindly don't say that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hundreds is hardly notable in 331.9 million.
Surely.
But light years away from my country, where women are free to express themselves, and to say that they are into men, without being called weird.

Here we have no phallocentrism. Women's sex drives matter.