• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The psychology of Patriarchate: why strong, heterosexual men are the enemy

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Premise: this is a very serious thread, so serious replies only, merci beaucoup. :)

Honestly I think in the United States, there is a serious psychological issue.
What I mean is that this conviction that women are all victims, because there is still a strong form of Patriarchate.
And the emblem of Patriarchate is the heterosexual man who adores women.

There is also a veiled phallocentrism that is unconscious that has been transforming into an obsession with men's sex drives.
This obsession has led feminists and women to believe that all straight men are potential rapists, because they own the phallus.

And this undermines and belittles women and their sex drives. Women have a vagina, and so they have sex drives, they do desire men.
They are not victims. They choose the men they like and they even fight for the men they like.

There is no Patriarchy.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As heterosexual woman, I have never seen men as a threat.
And I am not the only one.
For example, Moana Pozzi is the emblem of heterosexual women who have chosen to be what they wanted to be, because they liked men.
Not only as complementary companions, but also as friends.

She also demonstrates that the classiest women are from Italy, of course. :)
Class and eroticism are one thing, in Italy.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Have you ever been to the United States before, @Estro Felino?
It was sufficient to see how Clinton was crucified for having an affair with an intern.
:)
He was treated like the worst of criminals.

That's the result of a serious problem of psychological nature. Which sees heterosexual sex as something a priori sinful.
There is a victimization of the heterosexual man and Clinton showed his frailties as heterosexual man. And was condemned.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Premise: this is a very serious thread, so serious replies only, merci beaucoup. :)

Honestly I think in the United States, there is a serious psychological issue.
What I mean is that this conviction that women are all victims, because there is still a strong form of Patriarchate.
And the emblem of Patriarchate is the heterosexual man who adores women.

There is also a veiled phallocentrism that is unconscious that has been transforming into an obsession with men's sex drives.
This obsession has led feminists and women to believe that all straight men are potential rapists, because they own the phallus.

And this undermines and belittles women and their sex drives. Women have a vagina, and so they have sex drives, they do desire men.
They are not victims. They choose the men they like and they even fight for the men they like.

There is no Patriarchy.
LOL, it's not strong, hetersexual men who are the enemy. That's a false premise. It's the cultural nomos (or assumed norms) that need to be brought into consciousness and examined.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
LOL, it's not strong, hetersexual men who are the enemy. That's a false premise. It's the cultural nomos (or assumed norms) that need to be brought into consciousness and examined.
Do you agree that phallocentrism is a cultural nomos in the US?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
It was sufficient to see how Clinton was crucified for having an affair with an intern.

That's the result of a serious problem of psychological nature. Which sees heterosexual sex as something a priori sinful.
There is a victimization of the heterosexual man and Clinton showed his frailties as heterosexual man. And was condemned.

So the answer is no

Just so you are aware, what you see on the internet or what you see in the news portrays a very exadurated and skewed view of what America is like and what Americans think - especially when it comes to politics. America is a very, very big and regional country. The cultural views that someone has who lives in Hollywood is going to be different than the person who lives in the French Quarter of New Orleans which is also going to be different than the views shared by the people living in Capital Hill in Seattle. These are just parts of large cities and don't include more rural areas like the hollars of the Appalachias or the vast Navajo nation

When I see you making posts on the subject of what Americans do or think I get the distinct impression that every impression you've formed of us comes from a screen, which is fine, but You've made quite a lot of assumptions that I just don't see here at home

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So the answer is no

Just so you are aware, what you see on the internet or what you see in the news portrays a very exadurated and skewed view of what America is like and what Americans think - especially when it comes to politics. America is a very, very big and regional country. The cultural views that someone has who lives in Hollywood is going to be different than the person who lives in the French Quarter of New Orleans which is also going to be different than the views shared by the people living in Capital Hill in Seattle. These are just parts of large cities and don't include more rural areas like the hollars of the Appalachias or the vast Navajo nation

When I see you making posts on the subject of what Americans do or think I get the distinct impression that every impression you've formed of us comes from a screen, which is fine, but You've made quite a lot of assumptions that I just don't see here at home
Surely. :)
I am just an observer. And observers often misjudge.
I would like to discuss the topic, though.
If there is something wrong, I would like to be corrected.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Surely. :)
I am just an observer. And observers often misjudge.
I would like to discuss the topic, though.
If there is something wrong, I would like to be corrected.

Well, for example you bring up Bill Clinton

In the news and on TV he was lambasted, but the average person where I live, except for right wing Christian people in my area, really didn't care. I do live in a more left wing area so maybe people in more rural areas might have more negative things to say about him? I know my dad always made sarcastic and deriding remarks about the guy, but my dad is a very conservative and Christian man... Alternatively, he never made those same remarks about Trump. The remarks people make about political figures and their escapades often times has more to do with party lines than the actions themselves

For the first part, that's the way things used to be decades ago here, but things have progressed since then for the most part. There are still pockets and areas that are sexually repressive for sure, especially in some church communities, but Americans generally look at sex differently than that now

As for the second part, Clinton made the mistake of getting caught in a lie as a politician where he couldn't lie his way out of the evidence. This makes for good news, TV, and good material for late night talk show hosts. Same thing happened with Trump, though to a much greater degree. As for him, I think people are more concerned with his dangerous and illegal behavior than his escapades with Stormy Daniels. The latter having more to do with the fact that the loudest complaining of people's "sexual deviancy" comes from conservatives and Christians, and he is their guy

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So the answer is no

Honestly I think the onus of counter-proof is on you.
Because the web is filled with videos like this.
From American women.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In the news and on TV he was lambasted, but the average person where I live, except for right wing Christian people in my area, really didn't care. I do live in a more left wing area so maybe people in more rural areas might have more negative things to say about him? I know my dad always made sarcastic and deriding remarks about the guy, but my dad is a very conservative and Christian man... Alternatively, he never made those same remarks about Trump. The remarks people make about political figures and their escapades often times has more to do with party lines than the actions themselves
Honestly I have seen leftist and rightist men being targeted in equal measure. For being white heterosexuals, mostly.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I do agree with you. Fully.
But that's what Europeans watch and perceive.
Because there's nobody that refutes them, in the US.

Then why form such deep opinions based on the lack of information? Instead of asking what's wrong with America, you could instead ask "Have you guys noticed this happening where you live?" You will get a little more accurate piece of the picture, but again, America is very big and very regional. What someone experiences in one neck of the woods is going to differ 1000, 2000, or 5700 miles away from where they live

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Then why form such deep opinions based on the lack of information? Instead of asking what's wrong with America, you could instead ask "Have you guys noticed this happening where you live?" You will get a little more accurate piece of the picture, but again, America is very big and very regional. What someone experiences in one neck of the woods is going to differ 1000, 2000, or 5700 miles away from where they live

I give you an example. Watching our TV, Americans could think that all women wear revealing clothes and are sexually disinhibited.
Which is not untrue. It's undeniable that a significant number of Italian women wear revealing clothes and are sexually disinhibited...not all of them, but a significant number. A big number, especially if they are very young.
So maybe you should reflect upon the fact that TV does portrays society. Somehow.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Honestly I have seen leftist and rightist men being targeted in equal measure. For being white heterosexuals, mostly.

To be fair, sexual repression is still a problem in much of America. It has less to do with them being white or them being heterosexual and has more to do with them "sinning" and being political figures that represent the opposition or being famous. Also, people like juicy gossip and they like to see high and mighty celebrities fall from grace down to their level. Sexual escapades are low hanging fruit in this regard

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To be fair, sexual repression is still a problem in much of America. It has less to do with them being white or them being heterosexual and has more to do with them "sinning" and being political figures that represent the opposition or being famous. Also, people like juicy gossip and they like to see high and mighty celebrities fall from grace down to their level. Sexual escapades are low hanging fruit in this regard
Absolutely not.
It has to do with heterosexual man.
Because there has been a scandal in the Senate, in a hearing room. Sex acts in a room of the building that is considered the temple of democracy in the entire West.
And I have seen no indignation. No outrage.
And the explanation is very clear: because it deals with two homosexual men.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I give you an example. Watching our TV, Americans could think that all women wear revealing clothes and are sexually disinhibited.
Which is not untrue. It's undeniable that a significant number of Italian women wear revealing clothes and are sexually disinhibited...not all of them, but a significant number. A big number, especially if they are very young.
So maybe you should reflect upon the fact that TV does portrays society. Somehow.

I can't say since I've never watched Italian TV

Given how exadurated our television is here in the states, though, I would assume that anything I see wouldn't reflect much about Italian society accurately (without you telling me otherwise, of course). That's just due to the point of reference I understand given to what I'm exposed to here

When I think of Italy, I think of the various cities you have there like Rome, sinking Venice, or maybe Milan up there by the alps. I also think of the countryside like out by Tuscany, but I do realize that if I were to visit Italy my preconceived notions would be shattered by the people I meet. Culture shock is a very real and interesting thing to grapple with