• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you believe created biological miracles?

• The Mind

• God

Results are only viewable after voting.

Balsamous

I posted a thread talking about this, but from the replies i saw i realized i should change a lot of what i said and say things more clearly, especially after the information i got. So here you go:

"What you think you become"-Buddha
Everything about you you're convinced of happens to you eventually. The mind can do biological miracles. Many people, if not all believe in a specific religion due to stories they hear. For example, a saint curing someone or a God saving someone from a misfortune. In all religions we hear such stories. Some people might create lies about such stories, but there are many true stories that are backed up with medical notices. Since such stories occur in different religions and with people from totally different beliefs we can infer that the mind is what does those so-called 'miracles'. To support my claim i also looked up what we can do through hypnosis and meditation. Hypnosis and meditation are both methods that don't involve physical contact with a doctor or any person, but they're both only about the mind. One of the things that can be done is curing cancer. It might seem rubbish to say curing cancer is done through meditation and believing. However, if a person truly believes he can with medication that makes him believe more he can cure cancer. There's also a method of changing your eye colour through meditating and by hypnosis. Read it well and give me your feedback please :)

allfoak

Alchemist
In conclusion let us again call your attention to the Hermetic Axiom:

"True Hermetic Transmutation is a Mental Art."--The Kybalion.

In the above axiom, the Hermetists teach that the great work of influencing one's environment is accomplished by Mental Power. The Universe being wholly mental, it follows that it may be ruled only by Mentality. And in this truth is to be found an explanation of all the phenomena and manifestations of the various mental powers which are attracting so much attention and study in these earlier years of the Twentieth Century. Back of and under the teachings of the various cults and schools, remains ever constant the Principle of the Mental Substance of the Universe. If the Universe be Mental in its substantial nature, then it follows that Mental Transmutation must change the conditions and phenomena of the Universe. If the Universe is Mental, then Mind must be the highest power affecting its phenomena. If this be understood then all the so-called "miracles" and "wonder-workings" are seen plainly for what they are.

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental."--The Kybalion.

FINIS
The Kybalion: Chapter XV. Hermetic Axioms

Acts 17:28
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Today there is a wide measure of agreement, which on the physical side of science approaches almost to unanimity, that the stream of knowledge is heading towards a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears as an accidental intruder into the realm of matter; we are beginning to suspect that we ought rather to hail it as a creator and governor of the realm of matter...
James Jeans
  • p. 137, 1937 ed.
James Jeans - Wikiquote

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Deut 4:20
But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart.

Ezekiel 22:20
As silver, copper, iron, lead and tin are gathered into a furnace to be melted with a fiery blast, so will I gather you in my anger and my wrath and put you inside the city and melt you.

Revelation 9:2
When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Your question is of the form, "Do you still beat your wife."

There are no miracles, only phenomena that have yet to be explained, that will, in time give way to naturalistic examination.