• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pope is the Antichrist!!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
I haven't blocked you out.
Few know the reality of life concerning what occurs 24/7-365 on earth. Mortals have very little control--the spirit world is in control. There is a table of demons present on this earth and a table of God---God says one cannot partake off the table of demons and his table( 1Cor 10:21)
That is where satan has 99% mislead. He accomplished it centuries ago.

I believe I appreciate that. Listening to people is a loving thing to do even if it sometimes can be difficult.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And this is the "real Jesus" that Christian denominations around the word worship, and if you think that's not true, then maybe it's you who worships a fake "Jesus". When I go to various churches on Sunday, normally there are three of four different readings that are quoted directly from the Bible.

Maybe do some "church-hopping" to see how different Christian denominations worship, and then maybe you'll see how the JW teachers are lying to you. Oh, wait a minute, they teach you not to go to these other churches, and why do you think this is the case, kjw47? Is it that they really don't want you to see for yourself that they're lying to you? Why don't you go and find out for yourself.

I believe it is surprising the re-actions one might get. I attended a JW service once. Somehow the usual nonsense wasn't present, so I enjoyed it. Even JW's can be right some of the time. On the other hand I attended a Muslim prayer service and you would think that I had gone over to the devil by the way people talked. The Muslims didn't give me a hard time about not touching my head to the floor and had nothing to say about my being a Christian. I thought the teaching from the Qu'ran was a bit speculative and off base but then Muslims don't have the Paraclete so it is hard for them to understand scripture.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't worship Jesus. He is a created being. God gave him all he has. He clearly told satan in the wilderness--It is to Jehovah God alone one must render sacred service. Few listen to Jesus--dogmas get in the way.

I believe then that you do not worship God.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
On the other hand I attended a Muslim prayer service and you would think that I had gone over to the devil by the way people talked. The Muslims didn't give me a hard time about not touching my head to the floor and had nothing to say about my being a Christian.
I've been to several mosques both here in the States and in Israel, and I've had the same pleasant experience, and remember that I'm Jewish.

About three years ago I was at an interfaith conference, and we broke off into different heterogeneous groups, whereas the group I was in included another Jew, a Muslim imam, and several Christians. The irony, is that it was the imam and I that ended up the closest to each other.

I thought the teaching from the Qu'ran was a bit speculative and off base but then Muslims don't have the Paraclete so it is hard for them to understand scripture.
I don't buy that but that's OK, especially since Christians are all over the place when it comes to interpretation, with having hundreds of denominations and thousands of independents with each claiming that they're right.

kjw47

I sorta hate to bust your little bubble but I ain't Catholic.

Except that the popes haven't done that, and if your JW teachers tell you that they have, this is just another one of their dishonest and highly bigoted lies. Too bad you've allowed them to brainwash you with their lies, so maybe do some homework on your own instead of blindly believing them.

If you continue to spout their dishonest and bigoted lies even after checking things out on your own, they you're being just as dishonest and bigoted as they are, sorry to say.

Except Torah mandates that one use force at last resort to keep the innocent from being slaughtered.

You do believe in God, doncha? Since I assume you do, do you believe that God inspired the OT? If so, and if you believe He's the same God as found in the NT, then in order for you to be consistent you have to accept the fact that God allows for the use of force as last resort to protect the innocent. If you don't believe that, then you simply don't believe in God.

Do you live on earth? The Rev war--The civil war--ww1,ww2--The Popes allowed the young catholic men to stand on both sides killing each other in hatred.-- Just about every trinity religion did. That can only be accomplished by fearing men enough to throw Jesus away.
God ordered the Israelites to war, It was his will. In the OT. Jesus changed all that under the new covenant= LOVE---One could not kill their own brothers in Christ in hatred-EVER. On the orders of men like Adolf Hitler. On any mans orders- 1John 3:10-12)

kjw47

I believe I appreciate that. Listening to people is a loving thing to do even if it sometimes can be difficult.

They hated Jesus and his apostles and followers back then, most of them were murdered-Why--For teaching--Love, peace and unity= No--For exposing the false god worship and things off the table of demons. Satan even had control of Gods chosen at that point as well. They didnt know it, just as they( the world) don't know it now on this earth.

metis

God ordered the Israelites to war, It was his will. In the OT. Jesus changed all that under the new covenant= LOVE---One could not kill their own brothers in Christ in hatred-EVER
Did you ever stop and think why would God allow for a war of self-defense in the OT but then supposedly disallow it in the NT? Did God make a mistake? a divine brain-fart? Which one would be the mistake is so?

Secondly, if Jesus were to tell others to violate the Law as found in Torah that allows for self-defense, then Jesus would by definition be a "false-prophet" as also found in Torah. So, you have to decide: Did Jesus violate the Law that God gave, according to Torah? Yes or no?

kjw47

Did you ever stop and think why would God allow for a war of self-defense in the OT but then supposedly disallow it in the NT? Did God make a mistake? a divine brain-fart? Which one would be the mistake is so?

Secondly, if Jesus were to tell others to violate the Law as found in Torah that allows for self-defense, then Jesus would by definition be a "false-prophet" as also found in Torah. So, you have to decide: Did Jesus violate the Law that God gave, according to Torah? Yes or no?

The new covenant changed all that--There is no war or killing in--LOVE.

metis

The new covenant changed all that--There is no war or killing in--LOVE.
Then Jesus, by your own accounting, was a "false prophet".

There's another way of looking at this, but you've established that you have a very closed mind, so why should I waste my time since you've established on several occasions that you're not even curious about what someone else may know that you simply don't.