• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Polyamory Thread

Nymphs

Boyfriend is in the hospital. This has been super stressful for me on top of the other daily stuff going on. It was nice to have other boyfriend to call but I was so out of it that I really wasn't having a conversation.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Nymphs

I've decided to slow things down with this other guy. Not going to go into the specifics, but I told him I won't be the other woman. I just can't. I did it once (years ago), not going to do it again.

Which sucks. Cause I like him, but I'm not going to compromise my morals.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Boyfriend is in the hospital. This has been super stressful for me on top of the other daily stuff going on. It was nice to have other boyfriend to call but I was so out of it that I really wasn't having a conversation.

Saw that. Been thinking about you, dear. :flower: :hug:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Thanks all, boyfriend's home and I'm happy. Luckily it was nothing serious, but he had chronic health problems so this stuff happens sometimes.

I just don't deal well when he's in the hospital and miserable. Cause then I'm home and miserable. I wish other BF were closer to here sometimes.

@Nymphs - Sorry hun, I also have kinda dipped my toe into the "other woman" thing and realized it's not ethical (in my eyes) so I stay the hell away from that.

Nymphs

@Nymphs - Sorry hun, I also have kinda dipped my toe into the "other woman" thing and realized it's not ethical (in my eyes) so I stay the hell away from that.

Yeah, it's just hard when I am so incredibly attracted to him. :cover:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Yeah, it's just hard when I am so incredibly attracted to him. :cover:

I know I know.

I think I've said it before but working on the compersion helps if he's actually happy with his partner. If he isn't, then just focusing on the "I'm a good ethical poly person" is the most helpful for me.

It's not easy, but at least it's something to help deal with the crush.

Nymphs

I know I know.

I think I've said it before but working on the compersion helps if he's actually happy with his partner. If he isn't, then just focusing on the "I'm a good ethical poly person" is the most helpful for me.

Definitely.

I'm just sick of 'being lonely' if that makes any sense.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I know I know.

I agree. :yes:

In other news. I really like this guy who I'm seeing again soon. Hubbie has found a new interest. And this other guy who I knew 20 years ago messaged me for a booty call when he gets in the area.

That was totally weird. Hadn't heard from him in several years, and suddenly he's asking me to hook up when he gets into town. Has my reputation reached halfway across the country already? :eek: :p

Just kidding. I told him I'm up to meeting for a drink or two, but nothing more. I have no idea what this man has been up to for the last several years.

Nymphs

I agree. :yes:

In other news. I really like this guy who I'm seeing again soon. Hubbie has found a new interest. And this other guy who I knew 20 years ago messaged me for a booty call when he gets in the area.

That was totally weird. Hadn't heard from him in several years, and suddenly he's asking me to hook up when he gets into town. Has my reputation reached halfway across the country already? :eek: :p

Just kidding. I told him I'm up to meeting for a drink or two, but nothing more. I have no idea what this man has been up to for the last several years.

Good luck!

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Sorry for the non-poly related dump here but hell I'm poly and this is my thread.

So, one of my clients checked into detox early last week. He relapsed - with heroin - and was in a rehab. He apparently also had pneumonia or something, because the next day he stopped snoring at some point and they realized he had stopped breathing. He wasn't able to be resuscitated.

He was college age. And to look at him you would have had no idea he was an addict. You couldn't help but like him. He had ADHD. His grandparents took him to rehab.

I've had two clients get shot and killed, one beaten so badly he lost an eye. Multiple injured with gunshot wounds or beaten/assaulted/etc.

And this one is hitting me really hard for some reason.

Nymphs

Sorry for the non-poly related dump here but hell I'm poly and this is my thread.

So, one of my clients checked into detox early last week. He relapsed - with heroin - and was in a rehab. He apparently also had pneumonia or something, because the next day he stopped snoring at some point and they realized he had stopped breathing. He wasn't able to be resuscitated.

He was college age. And to look at him you would have had no idea he was an addict. You couldn't help but like him. He had ADHD. His grandparents took him to rehab.

I've had two clients get shot and killed, one beaten so badly he lost an eye. Multiple injured with gunshot wounds or beaten/assaulted/etc.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Nymphs

I realized I'm still dealing with a lot of feelings about my husband and his girlfriend. Apparently I hadn't adjusted as well as I had thought.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I bet you my right arm that you were a source of comfort and understanding for him when he saw you.

But damn, I wish I had more to say to you right now. I don't. But my heart is right there with you. I'm so sorry. :flower:

Nymphs

Had an incredibly comforting talk with my husband last night. Basically, in the last six months, my world has been shaken up. Everything that I thought was, wasn't, everything that I thought wasn't, was. It's been a really hard adjustment and I've barely been keeping my head above water. Most days I feel like I'm losing my mind. We had a great communication talk last night and it was the first time in a long time I felt like he understood what I was trying to say (because I was able to put it in words he was able to understand). I feel much less crazy this morning. :)

paragon

I have no issue with loving more than one person as long as there is a strong foundation of respect and trust.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My live-in boyfriend is not polyamorous so he is struggling a lot with me and our relationship.

I have nothing against polyamory and I think it is something natural and absolutely normal.
Honestly I think that one boyfriend would suffice....so I don't think I would never be capable of having 2 boyfriends simultaneously.
but as I am not possessive...I would certainly share him with someone else---male or female, it doesn't matter. As long as I never meet this third guy.

...you said that you have 2 boyfriends...could you lend me either some times? :D ih ih just kidding

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I have nothing against polyamory and I think it is something natural and absolutely normal.
Honestly I think that one boyfriend would suffice....so I don't think I would never be capable of having 2 boyfriends simultaneously.
but as I am not possessive...I would certainly share him with someone else---male or female, it doesn't matter. As long as I never meet this third guy.

...you said that you have 2 boyfriends...could you lend me either some times? :D ih ih just kidding

Whereas I'd rather meet the other person, or at least talk to them if it's long distance.

And you're joking, but I don't own people, I couldn't "lend" someone if I wanted to.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Husband is great. He prefers more casual dating.

My fling turned into a wild frenetic ride, like we were teenagers again, and has now cooled down into a steady and loving relationship. It's pretty awesome sauce.

What husband and I have noticed is that when we talk about our boyfriends/girlfriends...it's a HUGE turn on for us with each other. Wish I could explain it. :shrug: