• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Political Compass Test

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Take it and share your results. I bet a lot of people will be surprised by the results.

Test

I seem to be hanging around out in lower right field where I thought I would.

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

pcgraphpng.php

UnityNow101

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.92

pcgraphpng.php

I am kind of close to Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama, and Mahatma Gandhi in my views according to this chart, so I feel that I am in good company. I am only four blocks away from being in the purple which indicates right-leaning thinking, which worries me a bit, but I will be alright...

kai

ragamuffin
wow is this thing working right what am i doing in left field! LOL

pcgraphpng.php

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

pcgraphpng.php

Believe it or not, I've become more centrist. I used to be out around -8/-8.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

pcgraphpng.png

I didn't like the way some questions were worded though.

A

angellous_evangellous

I'm not as far left as I'd like to be:

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
pcgraphpng.php

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

pcgraphpng.php

wow is this thing working right what am i doing in left field! LOL
Evidently, you are visiting me. ;)
Interesting that our scores were almost identical. Who would have thought?

Last edited:

Zephyr

Moved on
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.49

pcgraphpng.php

Okay, I am officially confused as hell. I think the issue is that I'm REALLY conservative on some things and REALLY liberal on others, which I guess would balance the Authoritarian-Libertarian know-whats, but left? That's news to me sorta.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I'm interested by the number of left-libertarians present on the forum. If anyone is unconvinced or ignorant of what left-libertarianism entails I recommend frequenting leftlibertarian.org » What is Left Libertarianism? and The Libertarian Left - tribe.net. L-L, unlike the commonplace libertarianism we know of in America, is a rejection of the inane minarchist, pro-conservative movement found in Ron Paul and Bob Barr (these two oppose gay marriage and abortion rights, and promote corporate personhod). They're for free association, including markets, but they oppose capitalism (mostly a rejection of corporations - since they require legal contracts to prosper - and rent from land, since land rent has always been used for authoritarian purposes). Unlike the stereotype Left, they're against big government, and they have no problem with communism, markets, and participatory economies co-existing.

Most tout Proudhon as a good synthesis of anarchism and minarchism; I see less sectarianism because of it. Proudhon didn't really see anarchism as a goal that must be met, but something to strive for.

Last edited:

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Just trying to understand here: In this view, is it the "legal personhood" that causes a corporation to be not considered a form of free association?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

pcgraphpng.php

Okie Dokie...here is where I landed..My son is hopping up and down saying "your a closet democrat...Mama is going to disown you ha ha !!"...

Love

Dallas

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Just trying to understand here: In this view, is it the "legal personhood" that causes a corporation to be not considered a form of free association?

All the benefits of incorporation, billion dollar subsidies, special lawmaking privileges (energy companies practically wrote the freakin' Energy Bill), and tax loopholes.

The carefree benefits to incorporation put other firms at a disadvantage, such as cooperatives, while centralizing wealth - since cooperatives can't divide out stock, banks don't invest in them as they would corporations. People should merely be making a private loan, not avoiding risk. You can look up the amount of money the federal government gives corporations (something like $150 billion a year - not including states). I think we all realize what political lobbyists are for. And tax loopholes are aplenty. Since we have trade contracts, a corporation making money in Ireland can pay their lower tax rate and skip out on all corporate taxes in the US. This puts stress on small non-international corporations.

Last edited: