• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the pirate game!

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
*Mesty gathers more rope and piles what he found near where the rope going out for the long boat runs over the rail.*
"If you get to end of one rope, tie the next rope to it."

Mike182

Flaming Queer
it takes the long boat a couple of minutes to row back to where the enemy ship approximately was before the explosion, all that Zayl and Zephyr can see is drift wood, barrels, general wreckage, but no survivors. the two of them row round for the blast zone for about 20 minutes, picking through the drift wood and wreckage, but to no avail, they find no Captain Mike.

Zephyr

Moved on
"Well Zayle, looks like the cap'n ain't here. I reckon we should probably head back and let the crew know. But no body? That's a bit strange. Maybe they die differnt than humans."

BFD_Zayl

*Zayl looks around with a suspicious look on his face*

"aye lets head back... maybe he got vaporized in the explosion, for i see no other corpses from the many we killed"

*as soon as that was said Zayl notices the captians sword embedded in a piece of wood, Zayl pulls it free and puts it in the bottom of the boat*

Mike182

Flaming Queer
you follow the rope back to the ship and are on board within 5 minutes. the crew have anxiously crowded round to see if the Captain has returned.

Zephyr

Moved on
"Nothing" Hans utters in a low voice. "No survivors, no body, no Cap'n Mike. Zayle and I reckon he mighta gotten vaporized in the blast. With any luck he may have just flew away or somethin'. Either way, we can't all be standin' here without direction. I stand by my words. Will anybody stand by me?"

Hans turns and looks directly to Pete. "Will ya be satisfied? We searched the wreckage, found 'is sword. Nothin' more to be said unless the good cap'n returns some day."

nutshell

*Father Nuts returns to the main deck and heads up to the wheel. He turns to face the crew and, as always, holds the broken cross in one hand.*

The Captain will catch up when he's good and ready! Lets go!

*Father Nuts whispers directions to the crewman at the wheel and the crewman adjusts course.*

Mike182

Flaming Queer
the crewman at the wheel looks slightly unnerved at the Father giving him directions.

"Father, i remember right, Captain Mike wanted to head towards Portsmouth, this new course takes us in completely the wrong direction..."

nutshell

the crewman at the wheel looks slightly unnerved at the Father giving him directions.

"Father, i remember right, Captain Mike wanted to head towards Portsmouth, this new course takes us in completely the wrong direction..."

*Father Nuts puts his arm around the crewman.*

It's alright, son. Trust me. When Captain Mike returns he can choose another direction if he likes. For now, I have reason to believe the direction I've given you takes us to our utimate goal.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
*Father Nuts puts his arm around the crewman.*

It's alright, son. Trust me. When Captain Mike returns he can choose another direction if he likes. For now, I have reason to believe the direction I've given you takes us to our utimate goal.

Father, i really don't know... what does the rest of the crew think? there is no first mate, who are we taking orders from? are you in charge? is the man with the large mallet in charge? i wish Captain Mike was here...

nutshell

Father, i really don't know... what does the rest of the crew think? there is no first mate, who are we taking orders from? are you in charge? is the man with the large mallet in charge? i wish Captain Mike was here...

Crewman, God is always in charge and I am his spokesman on this ship. Set the course lest we be destroyed! Don't ask the heathens what they think.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Hans turns and looks directly to Pete. "Will ya be satisfied? We searched the wreckage, found 'is sword. Nothin' more to be said unless the good cap'n returns some day."
Pete is about to answer when Father Nuts makes his annoucement.
"Beggin' yer pardon Father..."
Pete moves over tword the priest, ignoring Hans for the time being.
"Pardon my sayin' so, but the Captin'... if he survived, and he's a tough ol' bird... he'd know to look for us in Portsmouth."

nutshell

Pete is about to answer when Father Nuts makes his annoucement.
"Beggin' yer pardon Father..."
Pete moves over tword the priest, ignoring Hans for the time being.
"Pardon my sayin' so, but the Captin'... if he survived, and he's a tough ol' bird... he'd know to look for us in Portsmouth."

I'm confident the Captain survived and can find us.
Just to be sure, why don't one of the magic users send a beacon of sorts so he can follow when he's ready.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
"Aye, suppose he could."
Pete thinks about Father Nuts' answer.
"But where'll we get supplies? Portsmouth was to be our reloadin' stop. Just where is it ye want us to go Father?"

nutshell

"Aye, suppose he could."
Pete thinks about Father Nuts' answer.
"But where'll we get supplies? Portsmouth was to be our reloadin' stop. Just where is it ye want us to go Father?"

*Father Nuts considers this and shakes his head.*

O ye of little faith. Do what you will. I'll not try to be saving the unsaveable.

Father Nuts gives the crewman at the wheel a final squeeze of the shoulders, walks to the main deck and dissappears behind the door heading for his cabin.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
*after a while Pete comes back topside*
"Anyone have any problems with going to Portsmouth, speak up now."
*Pete waits for any responce, if there isn't any he will give the pilot the ok to head for the harbor.*

Mike182

Flaming Queer
you set a course and head towards Portsmouth. it takes several days to reach your destination, and nothing of any major note happens during your journey. the bread and salted meat seems to be getting drier and saltier, but other than that things are running smoothly.

when you arrive in Portsmouth, the Harbor Master takes a small fee from you for docking the ship, and you are then free to roam about the town. there is an outdoors market place, some interesting shops, a blacksmiths, an armory, a few taverns and a fairly large church with some nice grounds. you all have plenty of money, so long as you get food and fresh water supplies you are all free to brows/shop around the town.

non of you hear any gossip or rumors about any strange bird-like creatures showing up in the harbor, so it's safe to assume that Captain Mike hasn't caught up yet.

go explore! OOC, i'm away for the next week, so i won't be posting the results of the actions you take, or what market people tell you - but info will be coming to you when i get back!