• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pentagram

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Rather than using both pentagrams I tend to use a hexagram and a two point up pentagram. The one point up simply has no effect on me.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I don't think it's really fair to equate spirit with a classical element. Imagining the duality of matter and spirit as two sides of a coin, that coin is heavily unbalanced...

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Here's something interesting I've found. String theory says that all matter is made of vibrating "strings", but but the problem is there are 5 different string theories. M-Theory says that there is something more fundamental that ties these theories together, personally something I doubt we'll ever know, some kind of force perhaps. Anyways the pentagram obviously also has 5 points and represents something much deeper. Just an interesting coincidence.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
hi guys

for me it symbolises man. I wear a pengatram ring on my left hand and a thelemic unicursal pentagram on my right.

We are a pentagram - head arms legs. vetruvian man style.

I see it as the coming together of the 5 elements, and symbolises the manifestion of the combination of Body, Mind, Intuition, Will and Consciousness.

Conjoined with the unicursal hexagram it is the symbol of the Great Work accomplished - and the union of man (pentagram-5-microcosm) and the universe (hexagram-6-macrocosm)

In its averse form i see it as the descent of spirit into matter. the "Devil" that is symbolised by the averse pentagram is for me summed up beautifully by Alan Moore:

[FONT=&quot]It all depends on what we mean[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By this the Devil, card fifteen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A pentacle amounts his frown[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With four points up and one point down[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Four elements of matter rise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whilst spirit down-most, trampled lies[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The spirits world we must conceal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While matters realm seems all that’s real[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thus Satan offers Christ unfurled[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The wealth of the material world[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Devil is then by and large[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Materialism’s fierce mirage[/FONT]

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
hi guys

for me it symbolises man. I wear a pengatram ring on my left hand and a thelemic unicursal pentagram on my right.

We are a pentagram - head arms legs. vetruvian man style.

I see it as the coming together of the 5 elements, and symbolises the manifestion of the combination of Body, Mind, Intuition, Will and Consciousness.

Conjoined with the unicursal hexagram it is the symbol of the Great Work accomplished - and the union of man (pentagram-5-microcosm) and the universe (hexagram-6-macrocosm)

In its averse form i see it as the descent of spirit into matter. the "Devil" that is symbolised by the averse pentagram is for me summed up beautifully by Alan Moore:

[FONT=&quot]It all depends on what we mean[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By this the Devil, card fifteen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A pentacle amounts his frown[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With four points up and one point down[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Four elements of matter rise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whilst spirit down-most, trampled lies[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The spirits world we must conceal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While matters realm seems all that’s real[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thus Satan offers Christ unfurled[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The wealth of the material world[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Devil is then by and large[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Materialism’s fierce mirage[/FONT]