• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pandavas Dependency on Krishna

mahesh

who said im picking on you? LOL. Yo uare so funny. Yes please report me, i will appeal. As what proof do you have of anything? thsi is a forum im allowed to state my view.

Im not bigging you. im not forcing you to type what you do or even hold a gun to your head and make you type on your keyboard.

Im not preaching to you or to any other follower of another faith. Im simply stating what Swaminarayan Bhagwan has stated for His Ekantik Bhakts to follow. We have to get rid of Kaam, krish, Lobh Mih, Irsha etc through the Sampraday that Shriji maharaj has established only. This is what the scriptures state. Like it or lump it. im not trying to make you little nor hold any grudge on you. Just bless you that Shriji Maharaj shows you His correct way of worship.

jai swaminarayan.
:eek:m:Oh mahesh do not deride this jiva, in bhagavad-gita my lordship says that it best to let the ignorant remain in that state, there thoughts will be corrected by bhagavan krsna in the due course of time:meditate:......this is known is it not beloved.:namaste

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
:eek:m:Oh mahesh do not deride this jiva, in bhagavad-gita my lordship says that it best to let the ignorant remain in that state, there thoughts will be corrected by bhagavan krsna in the due course of time:meditate:......this is known is it not beloved.:namaste
Agreed. Given that people reside within a state of "ignorance" they are unable to perceive that they are in fact "ignorant". Thusly, it is best to let them just have their way as they won't understand what you are trying to tell them anyway -- even if it can save them MANY lifetimes of travail -- they have no way of knowing the truth when they see it. 'Tis sad, but true, in my opinion, at least.

michaelm

If I may return to the original theme...I am a westerner and do not consider myself Hindu, but i have read the Gita several times and discussed it with some great teachers.

The wonderful thing is there are so many teachings at so many levels within the Gita. On this particular point of the thread the weakness of the Pandavas is not a military weakness whereby they needed Krishna to make them strong, not lack of courage. Their weakness was of misguided sense of duty, of pride in their piety. They were cheated and robbed many times and yet believed it would be wrong to fight back. They even allowed Arjuna's wife to be humiliated publicly but put their reputation higher. They lost their Kingdom through fraud, and they knew it and tried to settle the problem by negotiation and compromise. It was only when they had offered to accept a tiny piece of ground as settlement and had that rejected that they finally came to war...and even then Arjuna's sense of what was right weakened.

Krishna did not need to offer any support, military or otherwise. All Krishna needed to do was to remind Arjuna of his duty to others.

I asked my Guru about why Krishna told him to fight when surely the more spiritual thing would be to walk away. Why were they bothering about a kingdom? He said it was their duty. They had failed to understand their duty to others, to Arjuna's wife and to their subjects. By insisting that they keep their word even when clearly being cheated they put their word and reputation above everyone else and so their subjects suffered under terrible dictatiorship and cruelty.

Krisha had to shake Arjuna up and get him to see that his duty was to overcome the evil, even if it meant breaking the rules of chivalry. Which is better, to save peopel from terrible evil, torture and suffering, or be remembered as a fine chap who played the game by the rules even when the other side, the Kauravas, cheated and thus beat him?

The kauravas were not stronger, just more devious, ruthless, immoral and prepared to do whatever it took to win. Krishna had to wake Arjuna up so he could see what his real duty was.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
The Kurukshetra war might not even have been noted in the Mahabharata if Krishna was not involved. It would have just been a fratricidal war at most noted in the foot-notes. But Krishna transformed everything into Dharmic proportions. Now everything, every single act of each character can be seen in the proper perspective of upholding Dharma. So whether the Pandavas would have won without Krishna is not relevant. God would have foreseen that yet another senseless war was unfolding, with mankind being none the wiser for it. Therefore He decided to incarnate in the form of Krishna to give mankind never-to-be-forgotten-lessons in the affairs of man. Further, Mahabharatha expounds that there is nothing like a totally good man or bad man or good situation or bad situation. Everything is so full of facets that what is called for is harmony (not homogeneity) and this is indeed the meaning of Dharma.

Pariah

Let go
The Kurukshetra war might not even have been noted in the Mahabharata if Krishna was not involved. It would have just been a fratricidal war at most noted in the foot-notes. But Krishna transformed everything into Dharmic proportions. Now everything, every single act of each character can be seen in the proper perspective of upholding Dharma. So whether the Pandavas would have won without Krishna is not relevant. God would have foreseen that yet another senseless war was unfolding, with mankind being none the wiser for it. Therefore He decided to incarnate in the form of Krishna to give mankind never-to-be-forgotten-lessons in the affairs of man. Further, Mahabharatha expounds that there is nothing like a totally good man or bad man or good situation or bad situation. Everything is so full of facets that what is called for is harmony (not homogeneity) and this is indeed the meaning of Dharma.

Isn't the Mahabharata amazing?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Aren't all our scriptuers so deep? They have so much deep meaning which takes a long time to see everything, So many thinks are symoblic...
It is noteworthy that much of Hindu scriptures are written in the form of poetry whereas both the Bible and the Quran are written in the prose format, though they may contain some poetry within. Particularly of the Quran, it is forbidden to consider it poetry. Which accounts for the fact that both Bible and Quran are considered more as 'instruction manuals'. The Vedas, Ramayana, Mahabharata etc. are more celebratory in nature - celebration of righteousness. They lay down the principles, not the rules.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I commend Mr. Venugopal's scholarship, the teaching of MichaelM's guru, and MichaelM's understanding.