• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The original Sin

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yet another baseless claim. Oh, well ...

I'm Jewish with some 33K posts. I've addressed Genesis pericopes on numerous occasions. The fact remains that my issue with you has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I take Adam and Eve literally and everything to do with whether or not you take it seriously.

That was not my question. I know you are a Jew, but I am not sure how that is relevant. I am not even sure how the amount of posts you produced could be relevant.

I just asked whether the Torah, not you or any other Jew with hundreds of thousands of posts, claims that Adam is a historical person. Objectively. I am swede and I could tell you that our ancient tales claim that Thor had a big hammer; however, my beliefs about Thor or me being a swede are not changing what those tales claim.

Unless you think the Torah is a matter of personal interpretation. Is it?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
That was not my question. ... I just asked whether the Torah, not you or any other Jew, claims that Adam is a historical person.
Quite right. Thank you.

I assume that Torah is religious narrative presumed by those who passed it down to be historically and theologically true on some level. I further see is as an essentially monotheistic and egalitarian polemic against the current polytheistic world view.

Unless you think the Torah is a matter of personal interpretation. Is it?
It is a text that lends itself to manifold interpretations.

Hawkins

Many times i hear about the original Sin...

I would much appreciate understanding it as i fail to seem what is that sin and why is it even considered a sin?

(I know the first actual sin between human to human is Kain.... I'm not talking about that..
I'm talking about the Forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge.

Thanks.

It is basically from Psalm where David said he's sinful even when in womb. It is possible even in a real sense as modern science shows the baby education can actually start when the baby is in mother's womb.

The bigger scope of this is that, ever since Adam left Eden humans are no longer living in God's realm. We are put outside God's realm. The Bible even says that the devil is the god of this world.

Satan has a very deep influence of this world that we are all born to be sinners that we can't abide by God's Law in full. This is IMO what original sin is.