• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam

Pastek

Sunni muslim
In John 16:13 it also says, 'Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: he will show you things to come.'

What did the Spirit of Truth said ? What did he show to you ?

Speak to born again believers today and they will say the same.

Are you a born again believer ?

Redemptionsong

I believe that the Spirit of Truth has led me to a deeper understanding of the person of Jesus Christ. It has brought love and peace to my soul, and a desire to follow that which is holy. There is also a genuine wish to share this good news with others.

The Holy Spirit has already spoken concerning the things to come, including the difficulties the world will face preceding the return of Christ. I believe individuals will be given details of these events.

On a personal level, the Holy Spirit has given me insight into the needs of others, and has acted in response to prayer to bring about healing from sickness and pain.

According to John 3, all who profess a belief in Jesus as the Saviour should be born again. If you are not, you continue under law, struggling to do what is right in your own strength.

Redemptionsong

TashaN,
This may seem a bit off topic, but it's difficult not to stray from an opening title of 'The only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam'. The Qur'an mentions prophets found in the Torah and the New Testament, and therefore automatically invites comment. It becomes even more urgent when the persons discussed are viewed differently because the written revelations regarding those persons are incompatible. If God is one, then there can only be one truth.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Sorry TashaN :)

TashaN,
This may seem a bit off topic, but it's difficult not to stray from an opening title of 'The only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam'. The Qur'an mentions prophets found in the Torah and the New Testament, and therefore automatically invites comment.

That's true :yes:

Anyway, thanks for the explanations but i'm still very confused with your view of the Holy Spirit . I don't know if all christians understand it that way.

Redemptionsong

You're probably right, Pastek, but I've made a very conscious decision not to be swayed by the traditions of men!
The living Word, made known through the Spirit of God, should be in total accord with the written word.

gnostic

The Lost One
pastek said:
Anyway, thanks for the explanations but i'm still very confused with your view of the Holy Spirit . I don't know if all christians understand it that way.

I'm not a Christian, pastek, but my understanding of their Holy Spirit, is that the Holy Spirit is "God" and is one with "God".

The Holy Spirit is the part of "God" or the aspect of "God", that interact with the people.

For example, when someone in dilemma pray to god, during or after his prayer, he would feel warmth and their decision become clear, like enlightenment or epiphany or revelation, he would believe that he is guided by the spirit of god, hence the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, the comforter or spirit of light or whatever you or they want to call this Holy Spirit is not a person like a prophet, but part of god that guide them.

That's how they believe, in essence. The Holy Spirit is not a physical person, so not Muhammad.

Of course I am simplifying my answer, which may raise even more questions than give you the answer that you seek. (Hail, to confusion! :beach:) But no one said that anything with regards to religion (in general), to be easy to understand.

That's my understanding of the Holy Spirit....not that I believe in such thing.

gnostic

The Lost One
I don't believe in the deity being omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, but apparently most Abrahamic believers (not just Muslims) do. I, however, do understand this concept, and yet I don't see how it is possible, because the scriptures that I have read (not just the Qur'an), showed contradictions to any of 3 omni-s.

To further explain to you, pastek, about the Holy Spirit, which will hopefully help you understand the Christian belief about the Holy Spirit.

The omnipresent as you probably know what it mean, is that a deity is present everywhere, at the same time.

Supposedly god can listen to (if not answer) everyone's prayers at the same time. The manifestation of spirit of God that listen to these prayers, and possibly reveal its guidance as "answers", supposedly come from the Holy Spirit.

Not all aspects of god are manifested to people.

To give you understanding what I mean by this aspect or manifestation, I will give you an example.

God is like an actor. Whether it be in a movie set or on stage, an actor may have several (or more) different roles that he must play for either the audience (if on stage) or in front of the camera (in film or on TV). The actor is supposed to only show one character for each role he would play, and not the characters of other stories, and not his private life.

So to tie it all together, the god that is not seen is like the private moments of the actor's life. The Holy Spirit is like manifestation of actor's one of the characters for that particular story (a film role, or a play).

No one is supposed to see the real god, until a person get to live near his presence in the afterlife in heaven, but the Holy Spirit is the nearest thing (the one aspect of god) that a person be close to, while alive and on earth.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Ok thanks again for the explanations gnostic !

The Holy Spirit has already spoken concerning the things to come, including the difficulties the world will face preceding the return of Christ. I believe individuals will be given details of these events.

He said what to who ?

Redemptionsong

Hi Pastek,
I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier.

I'm not sure that I'm qualified to answer this question fully, since it opens up a huge area of prophecy, but I would like to point you to the words of Jesus just before he was crucified. In Luke 21, Jesus foretells the destruction of the Temple, and of Jerusalem. He also refers to the prophecies given by Daniel (chapters 8, 9 and 12). What Jesus says here is sometimes described as the spine of end time prophecy because it gives a framework to work from.

What can we be certain about from these words?
Firstly, that the Temple would be destroyed, and the city of Jerusalem too. This certainly took place when the Romans waged war with the Jews between 66-70 AD. But the prophecy contains references to events future to us now, for Daniel (9:25-27) tells us not just about the 'cutting off' (death) of the Messiah, and the destruction of the city and sanctuary but also about a confirming of the covenant with 'thy people' for one week. This one week in prophetic language is a week of years, therefore seven years.

So Jesus states clearly that there will be a destruction at the heart of Judah. He says that the people will be 'led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.' (verse 24)

You don't have to be a great historian to know of events that brought about this fulfilment in the twentieth century!

But this leads on to an interesting prophecy about the return of Christ. Verses 25-33 gives us a picture of the day of the Lord. Great distress and perplexity on earth takes place before Christ appears. 'Then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.'

Other prophetic utterances give much more detail about the events described as the Tribulation.

The link between the books of Daniel and Revelation is very strong, as one notices by the number of quotations and references made.

Many Christians believe that the true Church will be 'caught up together with them [the dead in Christ] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.' (Thessalonians 4: 16,17)

That's a start!

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Hi Pastek,
In the light of some reading that I've been doing, I'd like to change my view on one point I made in the last post.

Whilst Israel, as a nation was re-established in 1948, the position of Jerusalem is still disputed. I understand that East Jerusalem was annexed in 1980 under the Basic Laws. Jerusalem is now called the capital of Israel, but it remains internationally disputed (through the UN).
For end time prophecies to be fulfilled I believe that the Temple has to have been restored, and this will not be possible unless Israel controls the city of Jerusalem.

If this is the case, then the Times of the Gentiles, described as the 'mystery' of the Church, still continues at this time.

Harikrish

All religions are submissions to the will of God. No religion teaches disobedience to God or the destruction of innocent lives. What is unique about Islam is its lack of sophistication. It is the only religion created by the inspiration of an illiterate Arab. All the great religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity including many pagan religions that came before Islam engaged the intellectual participation of those that spread it. Those religions were based on a dialogue between man and God and the many prophets over time.

But Islam is the communication between an illiterate Arab and his claims God dictated to him over a period of 20 years in a cave through an Angel Gabriel. Because it is not a dialogue but a dictation from God, the prophet can only recite what was dictated. And because it was a dictation by God Muslims believe it is absolute. That 1.5 billion Muslims take the word of this illiterate Arab seriously who has shown no special gifts or performed any miracles is mind boggling and not without consequences. Islam is now a religion with the highest percentage of illiterate followers where the majority of Muslims cannot even read what the illiterate Arab recited. Belief in God is a natural human trait. We are all hard wired to believe in the supernatural. But to believe an illiterate Arab's recitations is uniquely Muslim.

There isn't any new moral dictates in Islam not found in other religions. Nor are there such divine revelations that empowers those that read the Quran. In fact one can argue Islam has produced more uneducated illiterate Muslims (followers of Islam) over 800 million illiterate Muslims than other competing religions.

So why would Islam be the only acceptable religion to Allah? The only reason Islam would hold this favour with Allah is if Allah was also an Arab.

Allah spoke to the prophet Mohammad and it had to be in Arabic because the prophet was an illiterate Arab. Islam had to be spread by the sword, Arabs were sword carrying camel traders. Allah kept virgins in paradise for the martyrs, Arabs highly prize virgins. Allah was not big on education, Arabs have the least number of universities than any developed country.

To be continued.......