• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Old Testament was found to be more than twice as violent as the Quran

Jumi

For this and other reasons, a prominent Atheist says the following:

It's true that reading just the Tanakh/OT, without Talmud or NT is at times like reading a war story and people who were inspired it, forced religion unto others. If there was no way to experience God, you would think God would be like this, commanding us to do bad things to others... good that it is not so.

Journalist Jeffrey Goldberg, writing in the New York Times Op-Ed section Saturday writes, "I recently asked one of his advisers to gauge for me the depth of Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu’s anxiety about Iran. His answer: 'Think Amalek.'"

Netanyahu Sees Iran as Amalek, Advisor Says
If true, that is indeed worrisome.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No "Fox hype" on my posts. In practice the government does not.

If you're an authoritarian nationalist who worships the leader and those of his family who are in good standing then you'd be fine, if you had enough food or time to rest.

I'm not American and I did say there are more than one church there. I've watched videos of mass in multiple ones. My friend even visited NK.

I don't think that's true in the US. There are multiple religions followers in political positions in that country.

Certainly reads as fox hype.

Your evidence of government suppression of its people is?

And your problem with authoritarian nationalism is? If it works for them it's not your problem.

Arkansas, Article 19, Section 1:
No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court.

Maryland, Article 37:
That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.

Mississippi, Article 14, Section 265:
No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state.

North Carolina, Article 6, Section 8
The following persons shall be disqualified for office: Any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God.

South Carolina, Article 17, Section 4:
No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution.

Tennessee, Article 9, Section 2:
No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state.

Texas, Article 1, Section 4:
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

Jumi

Certainly reads as fox hype.
What you want to see is not there.

Your evidence of government suppression of its people is?
You must be the first pro-North Korea person on the internet I know is not trolling. When evidence is as abundant as with North Korea you'll be swimming in it from both left and right. Why do you think people try to escape from there even know they will be killed if caught?

And your problem with authoritarian nationalism is? If it works for them it's not your problem.
It doesn't work there, except for the leader swimming in luxury and foods.

Arkansas, Article 19, Section 1:
No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court.

Maryland, Article 37:
That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.

Mississippi, Article 14, Section 265:
No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state.

North Carolina, Article 6, Section 8
The following persons shall be disqualified for office: Any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God.

South Carolina, Article 17, Section 4:
No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution.

Tennessee, Article 9, Section 2:
No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state.

Texas, Article 1, Section 4:
No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.
Why are you quoting laws from US states, I'm still not American. These are just more laws that are not applied, just like the North Korean constitution.

Grandliseur

yet Jesus orders the Israelites
I am no Trinitarian, thus the order would have come from God, not Jesus.
Not true according to the Bible itself. 400 years had passed between the fighting between the Israelites and the Amalekites, yet Jesus orders the Israelites to raid the Amalekites with the following commands:

1 Samuel 15:
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

400 Hundred Years, talk about holding a grudge against innocent descendants.

For this and other reasons, a prominent Atheist says the following:

Obviously I don't for a minute think GOD's words have been preserved in the Bible, and these are accounts written by blood thirsty men to justify Genocide. Men who incidentally think such passages are justified today:

Journalist Jeffrey Goldberg, writing in the New York Times Op-Ed section Saturday writes, "I recently asked one of his advisers to gauge for me the depth of Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu’s anxiety about Iran. His answer: 'Think Amalek.'"

Netanyahu Sees Iran as Amalek, Advisor Says
You seem to know your Bible to an extent, to what extent is the question! Please read this quote from a Bible lexicon of sorts:
Quoting:
The Amalekites were “the first one of the nations” to launch an unprovoked attack on the Israelites after the Exodus, at Rephidim near Mount Sinai. As a consequence, Jehovah decreed ultimate extinction for the Amalekites. (Nu 24:20; Ex 17:8-16; De 25:17-19) A year later, when the Israelites attempted to enter the Promised Land contrary to Jehovah’s word, they were repulsed by the Amalekites. (Nu 14:41-45) Twice during the days of the Judges these adversaries of Israel shared in assaulting Israel. They did it in the days of Eglon king of Moab. (Jg 3:12, 13) Again, with the Midianites and Easterners, they pillaged the land of Israel seven years before Gideon and his 300 men dealt them a smashing defeat.—Jg 6:1-3, 33; 7:12; 10:12.
Because of this persistent hatred, during the period of the kings Jehovah ‘called to account’ the Amalekites, commanding King Saul to strike them down, which he did “from Havilah as far as Shur, which is in front of Egypt.”​
Because of Amalek's hatred of Israel, gotten from their ancestral hatred Esau had of Jacob and his offspring, they never ceased attacking Israel. For this reason God devoted them to destruction. There were no innocent descendants. Like today in Palestine, there is now, and was then, a never ending hatred of Israel. Then as now, there shall be no peace until either party/ies are destroyed. However, today, Israel is no longer God's people and may perhaps not be protected by God. Still, his prophecies are still at work since Israel did become established as a nation in our lifetimes. These God shall make come true.

If among the Amalekites some deserve to live, they shall be resurrected in Paradise and be given the chance to live peacefully with all others. Judgment day shall reveal this.

The video you have shows a person that I despise. I would rather eat vomit nearly than hear what he has to say.

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

Someone analysed the Bible and Quran to see which is more violent

Personally find this interesting that when based on a analytical perspective, it says the Jews have far more violent beliefs than Muslims; thus should either book be endorsed in society anymore, when they encourage such disgusting acts?

Like shouldn't we move on from the barbaric past that humans have had, instead of teach it to our children as religious values to live by.

In my opinion. :innocent:

I continue to endorse the Bible ... and why not? It's true

A Posited Debate - The Book of Joshua

ChristineM

Premium Member
What you want to see is not there.

You must be the first pro-North Korea person on the internet I know is not trolling. When evidence is as abundant as with North Korea you'll be swimming in it from both left and right. Why do you think people try to escape from there even know they will be killed if caught?

It doesn't work there, except for the leader swimming in luxury and foods.

Why are you quoting laws from US states, I'm still not American. These are just more laws that are not applied, just like the North Korean constitution.

I am not pro NK, i simply have no tollerance for false media hype. Why they try to escape is totalitarian oppression which has little to do with religion but national paranoia following the abuses imposed by America over half a century ago.

It works for a majority.

I don't care what nationality you are in this context, which is NK who became what they are because America bombed them into the stone age. And hence America has since dictated the news (propaganda) about NK which colours the typical western view. I quoted American state laws to indicate that there is little difference between countries

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Rome, Vikings, were all religious crusaders

This is why theistic states are so dangerous.

From Stalin to Hitler, the most murderous regimes in the world

More brutal authoritarian regimes just like the Jews of the Old Testament. Gott mit uns, right? Stalinism is just more religion with Stalin as the god.

Secular humanism is the answer. Enlightenment values have brought the greatest benefits to the world it has ever known, including the modern, liberal, democratic state with its limited, divided, transparent government and guaranteed personal liberties. Christianity orders people to submit to the whim of kings, and had no use for either limited power or rights.

And while theists were tearing the beating hearts out of living people, or throwing acid into peoples, sacrificing children to various gods, and burning witches at the stake to appease imagined gods made in their own brutal images, enlightenment values taught us to shed those superstitions, question authority and dogma, apply reason, examine evidence, and to tolerate:
  • "We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence" - Affirmations of Humanism

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Stalin was an atheist regime, you can't deny that by making up the ridiculous idea that people treated Stalin as God. There is more evidence for people treating Trump as God than Stalin.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I don't think Hitler was ever convicted in a court of law, does that make him innocent until proven guilty. You've got an accused child molester, Trump, supporting an accused child molester, Moore. What's wrong with this picture. Some Christians don't seem to care if we have child molesters in government as long as they're against abortion, the pinnacle of hypocrisy!!
Hitler shot himself because he knew a court of law would condemn him. That has absolutely no relevance to Trump or Moore what so ever.

You do not seem to be able to grasp the presumption of innocence, due process, nor how utterly pathetic the case against Moore appears (at least at the moment) I obviously can't appeal to logic in your case. Since facts and reason don't seem to matter to you then I your position must be based entirely on preference and emotion. I do not do those types of discussions.

You want to see actual (instead of presumed) hypocrisy look no further than the Clintons.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Stalin was an atheist regime, you can't deny that by making up the ridiculous idea that people treated Stalin as God. There is more evidence for people treating Trump as God than Stalin.

An atheist regeme that rebuilt the Christian church without the layer of tsarist demigods (which incidentally had no place in abrahamic religion).

Nationalism is not atheism... God bless America

Jumi

I am not pro NK, i simply have no tollerance for false media hype. Why they try to escape is totalitarian oppression which has little to do with religion but national paranoia following the abuses imposed by America over half a century ago.
It has to do with freedom of thought and various other things, which in NK there is next to none. Even if you are a tourist, things might go bad for you if you know about the prison camps or other human rights violations.

It works for a majority.
It hasn't worked for the majority since the famine and when the Soviets broke up they lost the support that propped their little dictatorship. When the south was also a dictatorship the north was pretty much on par with it. The south got past that, the north is still trying to live the soviet era on paper, with the dictators swimming in luxury eating sushi and drinking champagne.

I don't care what nationality you are in this context, which is NK who became what they are because America bombed them into the stone age. And hence America has since dictated the news (propaganda) about NK which colours the typical western view. I quoted American state laws to indicate that there is little difference between countries
Well the quoted laws don't mean much when they're not applied. North Korea and even the Soviet Union had constitutional freedoms, but they were not applied. Just some fanatical Marxists believed in those. Just like with terrorist organizations, they're not out for what they say.

In my country fear of the Soviets dictated some of what media could report, before Gorbachev. Just because you think all western countries brainlessly repeat Fox news, you'd be wrong. Here media constantly berates Trump and Putin, sings praises of Hillary and now the Saudis.

And just because something is popular in western views, doesn't mean it's all wrong or that whatever alternative news sources you follow are right. Sure, in western media there's alot of stupid ideas about Iran and Russia, but NK is genuinely a sour fruit. What you believe that their religious freedom in their constitution means tells me you have no idea about the country.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hitler shot himself because he knew a court of law would condemn him.

Then by your reckoning, Hitler is innocent if he was never convicted. OJ is also innocent (of murder).

You do not seem to be able to grasp the presumption of innocence, due process, nor how utterly pathetic the case against Moore appears (at least at the moment)

You don't seem to be able to grasp that this is not a court of law, that there is no legal action against Moore yet.

I obviously can't appeal to logic in your case.

You haven't brought logic to the discussion. You're committing a special pleading fallacy. You have a different standard for Hitler than for Trump and Moore.

Since facts and reason don't seem to matter to you then I your position must be based entirely on preference and emotion. I do not do those types of discussions.

The facts are that there is a credible case against both Trump and Moore, and many of your own agree. The facts are that many people agree that neither of those men are fit for public office. That facts are that it is unwise to put people like that in positions of power or authority. No other facts pertain.

You want to see actual (instead of presumed) hypocrisy look no further than the Clintons.

The hypocrisy coming from the American right these days could gag a maggot.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
It isn't an assumption you can study ancient cultures such as Hittites, Canaanites, Sumerian, Babylonian, Roman, Carthaginian, etc.
I didn't say you were right or wrong, I said it makes no difference to my claim.

Have you read the Bible, it isn't portrayed as suffering. :confused:
So when God killed David's son for his sins David didn't actually suffer and when the Babylonians were sent to carry off most of the Hebrews it was an occasion for national celebration. What bible are you talking about? How much wondering in the Sinai desert does a race have to do to call it suffering?

Unfortunately when quoting that, you're using a specific religious texts that stipulates additional factors; where it says it pleased YHVH for them to do these things.
How many times do I have to agree that at times God ordered Israel to wage wars? You keep acting like I am denying it.

It is just saying YHVH Elohim might not be the ultimate manifestor of reality, and is more like a representative of God...
This is a semantic technicality. I am referring specifically Yahweh not to EL in general. The same way I am talking about Judaism not religion.

Thus you implying all these things they did is justified as they did it for the true God, is only hearsay based on history.
No its a deduction from many lines of evidence. An example being the OT maintaining a consistent narrative over millennia and even very different cultures.

Amos 5:27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivityH1540 beyondH4480 H1973 Damascus,H1834 saithH559 the LORD,H3068 whose nameH8034 is The GodH430 of hosts.H6635

Amos 5:27 Hebrew Text Analysis

That has no word Almighty there, which is Shaddai (H7706), not Zebaot which is hosts (H6635), and it doesn't use the sinular term El (H410), it uses the Elohi (H430) which can be plural.

In my opinion. :innocent:
The bible refers to Yahweh by several names and titles, the same with Christ. Are you demanding the word Yahweh be used by writers 3000 years ago in every example of Israel being punished? If so that is a ridiculous standard.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Roy Moore was not mentioned, in your post I responded to seems you are moving the goalposts
What I initially responded to was about Roy Moore. I didn't see the need to rename him in every response. However if you took an off-ramp without telling me it would explain your responses. I was talking about Moore, who are you talking about?

I was responding to our post and you know it. Just because you don't have the honesty to accept facts is no ones problem but your own.
We do not have a post. I have posts and you have posts.

In NK there are 5 Christian churches, three Protestant churches, one Catholic church, and one Russian Orthodox church, 1.7% of the population are christian. Remember, it was america that made NK what it is today.
I have seen interviews with the people who govern the states implementation of Christianity. It is pure propaganda. They would allow no private interviews and no pictures (the essence of freedom). Even the internet is state run. They are not called the Hermit kingdom because their open and free.

Fox... Ha, ha.
That is not an argument, it isn't even a good excuse for not being able to produce one.

Not that freedom of religion was ever the issue anyway but,
Rare Video of North Korean Underground Christians
North Korea: The World's Worst Religious Persecutor | HuffPost
Ask a North Korean: is religion allowed?
Christian Persecution in North Korea | Open Doors USA
See JUMI's last post as well.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
The churches and other religions are mostly for show there and there more than one. But Christianity has it better than some other religions, since they need to keep a show up.
I would largely agree.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Nationalism is not atheism... God bless America
Ahh yes, the fairly young Country which has directly and indirectly killed Tens of Millions of people. No Religion on the Planet could ever match its death toll.

Year-by-year Timeline of America’s Major Wars (1776-2011)

1776 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamagua Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1777 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1778 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1779 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1780 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1781 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1782 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1783 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1784 – Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War, Oconee War

1785 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1786 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1787 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1788 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1789 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1790 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1791 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1792 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1793 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1794 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1795 – Northwest Indian War

1796 – No major war

1797 – No major war

1798 – Quasi-War

1799 – Quasi-War

1800 – Quasi-War

1801 – First Barbary War

1802 – First Barbary War

1803 – First Barbary War

1804 – First Barbary War

1805 – First Barbary War

1806 – Sabine Expedition

1807 – No major war

1808 – No major war

1809 – No major war

1810 – U.S. occupies Spanish-held West Florida

1811 – Tecumseh’s War

1812 – War of 1812, Tecumseh’s War, Seminole Wars, U.S. occupies Spanish-held Amelia Island and other parts of East Florida

1813 – War of 1812, Tecumseh’s War, Peoria War, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in West Florida

1814 – War of 1812, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in Florida, Anti-piracy war

1815 – War of 1812, Second Barbary War, Anti-piracy war

1816 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1817 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1818 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1819 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1820 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1821 – Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1822 – Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1823 – Anti-piracy war, Arikara War

1824 – Anti-piracy war

1825 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1826 – No major war

1827 – Winnebago War

1828 – No major war

1829 – No major war

1830 – No major war

1831 – Sac and Fox Indian War

1832 – Black Hawk War

1833 – Cherokee Indian War

1834 – Cherokee Indian War, Pawnee Indian Territory Campaign

1835 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War

1836 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Missouri-Iowa Border War

1837 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Osage Indian War, Buckshot War

1838 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Buckshot War, Heatherly Indian War

1839 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars

1840 – Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade Fiji Islands

1841 – Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade McKean Island, Gilbert Islands, and Samoa

1842 – Seminole Wars

1843 – U.S. forces clash with Chinese, U.S. troops invade African coast

1844 – Texas-Indian Wars

1845 – Texas-Indian Wars

1846 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1847 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1848 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War

1849 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1850 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, California Indian Wars, Pitt River Expedition

1851 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1852 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1853 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, Walker War, California Indian Wars

1854 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1855 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Yakima War, Winnas Expedition, Klickitat War, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1856 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, Tintic War

1857 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Utah War, Conflict in Nicaragua

1858 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Mohave War, California Indian Wars, Spokane-Coeur d’Alene-Paloos War, Utah War, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1859 Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Pecos Expedition, Antelope Hills Expedition, Bear River Expedition, John Brown’s raid, U.S. forces launch attack against Paraguay, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1860 – Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Paiute War, Kiowa-Comanche War

1861 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign

1862 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Dakota War of 1862,

1863 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Goshute War

1864 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Snake War

1865 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Colorado War, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War

1866 – Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Franklin County War, U.S. invades Mexico, Conflict with China

1867 – Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, U.S. troops occupy Nicaragua and attack Taiwan

1868 – Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Comanche Wars, Battle of Wa****a River, Franklin County War

1869 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1870 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1871 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, Kingsley Cave Massacre, U.S. forces invade Korea

1872 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Franklin County War

1873 – Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Apache Wars, Cypress Hills Massacre, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1874 – Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Red River War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1875 – Conflict in Mexico, Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Eastern Nevada, Mason County War, Colfax County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1876 – Texas-Indian Wars, Black Hills War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1877 – Texas-Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Black Hills War, Nez Perce War, Mason County War, Lincoln County War, San Elizario Salt War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1878 – Paiute Indian conflict, Bannock War, Cheyenne War, Lincoln County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1879 – Cheyenne War, Sheepeater Indian War, White River War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1880 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1881 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1882 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1883 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1884 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1885 – Apache Wars, Eastern Nevada Expedition, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1886 – Apache Wars, Pleasant Valley War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1887 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1888 – U.S. show of force against Haiti, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1889 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1890 – Sioux Indian War, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Ghost Dance War, Wounded Knee, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1891 – Sioux Indian War, Ghost Dance War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1892 – Johnson County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1893 – U.S. forces invade Mexico and Hawaii

1894 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1895 – U.S. forces invade Mexico, Bannock Indian Disturbances

1896 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1897 – No major war

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
1898 – Spanish-American War, Battle of Leech Lake, Chippewa Indian Disturbances

1899 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1900 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1901 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1902 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1903 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1904 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1905 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1906 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1907 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1908 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1909 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1910 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1911 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1912 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1913 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars, New Mexico Navajo War

1914 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1915 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico, Colorado Paiute War

1916 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1917 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S. invades Mexico

1918 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S invades Mexico

1919 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1920 – Banana Wars

1921 – Banana Wars

1922 – Banana Wars

1923 – Banana Wars, Posey War

1924 – Banana Wars

1925 – Banana Wars

1926 – Banana Wars

1927 – Banana Wars

1928 – Banana Wars

1930 – Banana Wars

1931 – Banana Wars

1932 – Banana Wars

1933 – Banana Wars

1934 – Banana Wars

1935 – No major war

1936 – No major war

1937 – No major war

1938 – No major war

1939 – No major war

1940 – No major war

1941 – World War II

1942 – World War II

1943 – Wold War II

1944 – World War II

1945 – World War II

1946 – Cold War (U.S. occupies the Philippines and South Korea)

1947 – Cold War (U.S. occupies South Korea, U.S. forces land in Greece to fight Communists)

1948 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1949 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1950 – Korean War, Jayuga Uprising

1951 – Korean War

1952 – Korean War

1953 – Korean War

1954 – Covert War in Guatemala

1955 – Vietnam War

1956 – Vietnam War

1957 – Vietnam War

1958 – Vietnam War

1959 – Vietnam War, Conflict in Haiti

1960 – Vietam War

1961 – Vietnam War

1962 – Vietnam War, Cold War (Cuban Missile Crisis; U.S. marines fight Communists in Thailand)

1963 – Vietnam War

1964 – Vietnam War

1965 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1966 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1967 – Vietnam War

1968 – Vietnam War

1969 – Vietnam War

1970 – Vietnam War

1971 – Vietnam War

1972 – Vietnam War

1973 – Vietnam War, U.S. aids Israel in Yom Kippur War

1974 – Vietnam War

1975 – Vietnam War

1976 – No major war

1977 – No major war

1978 – No major war

1979 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1980 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1981 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), First Gulf of Sidra Incident

1982 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1983 – Cold War (Invasion of Grenada, CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1984 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Persian Gulf

1985 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1986 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1987 – Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 – Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 – Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 – First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 – First Gulf War

1992 – Conflict in Iraq

1993 – Conflict in Iraq

1994 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 – Conflict in Iraq

1997 – No major war

1998 – Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 – Kosovo War

2000 – No major war

2001 – War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 – War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

President Barack Obama repeated the now infamous words of George W. Bush, declaring: “We are at war…” Yes, and we have been, ever since 1776.

And no wonder when you consider killing is a business and American is 'Great' at it:

ChristineM

Premium Member
What I initially responded to was about Roy Moore. I didn't see the need to rename him in every response. However if you took an off-ramp without telling me it would explain your responses. I was talking about Moore, who are you talking about?

We do not have a post. I have posts and you have posts.

I have seen interviews with the people who govern the states implementation of Christianity. It is pure propaganda. They would allow no private interviews and no pictures (the essence of freedom). Even the internet is state run. They are not called the Hermit kingdom because their open and free.

That is not an argument, it isn't even a good excuse for not being able to produce one.

Not that freedom of religion was ever the issue anyway but,
Rare Video of North Korean Underground Christians
North Korea: The World's Worst Religious Persecutor | HuffPost
Ask a North Korean: is religion allowed?
Christian Persecution in North Korea | Open Doors USA
See JUMI's last post as well.

I cited IANS post that you poured derision on.

Fyi, why do you think yourself so important that someone s going to backtrack the thread reading your posts?

Wrong, the internet is global, not just state controlled. Although many state leader's would like control and are creeping in bit by bit to take control, its some time off yet.

Actually you are correct, referring to fox as a source is funny, that's why i laughed.

In North Korea, the Constitution provides for "freedom of religious belief"; the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a secular state. The US and South Korean governments are the main sources of information on religion in North Korea.

Hence the reason your links are considered propaganda.

ChristineM

Premium Member
1898 – Spanish-American War, Battle of Leech Lake, Chippewa Indian Disturbances

1899 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1900 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1901 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1902 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1903 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1904 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1905 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1906 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1907 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1908 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1909 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1910 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1911 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1912 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1913 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars, New Mexico Navajo War

1914 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1915 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico, Colorado Paiute War

1916 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1917 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S. invades Mexico

1918 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S invades Mexico

1919 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1920 – Banana Wars

1921 – Banana Wars

1922 – Banana Wars

1923 – Banana Wars, Posey War

1924 – Banana Wars

1925 – Banana Wars

1926 – Banana Wars

1927 – Banana Wars

1928 – Banana Wars

1930 – Banana Wars

1931 – Banana Wars

1932 – Banana Wars

1933 – Banana Wars

1934 – Banana Wars

1935 – No major war

1936 – No major war

1937 – No major war

1938 – No major war

1939 – No major war

1940 – No major war

1941 – World War II

1942 – World War II

1943 – Wold War II

1944 – World War II

1945 – World War II

1946 – Cold War (U.S. occupies the Philippines and South Korea)

1947 – Cold War (U.S. occupies South Korea, U.S. forces land in Greece to fight Communists)

1948 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1949 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1950 – Korean War, Jayuga Uprising

1951 – Korean War

1952 – Korean War

1953 – Korean War

1954 – Covert War in Guatemala

1955 – Vietnam War

1956 – Vietnam War

1957 – Vietnam War

1958 – Vietnam War

1959 – Vietnam War, Conflict in Haiti

1960 – Vietam War

1961 – Vietnam War

1962 – Vietnam War, Cold War (Cuban Missile Crisis; U.S. marines fight Communists in Thailand)

1963 – Vietnam War

1964 – Vietnam War

1965 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1966 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1967 – Vietnam War

1968 – Vietnam War

1969 – Vietnam War

1970 – Vietnam War

1971 – Vietnam War

1972 – Vietnam War

1973 – Vietnam War, U.S. aids Israel in Yom Kippur War

1974 – Vietnam War

1975 – Vietnam War

1976 – No major war

1977 – No major war

1978 – No major war

1979 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1980 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1981 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), First Gulf of Sidra Incident

1982 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1983 – Cold War (Invasion of Grenada, CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1984 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Persian Gulf

1985 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1986 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1987 – Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 – Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 – Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 – First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 – First Gulf War

1992 – Conflict in Iraq

1993 – Conflict in Iraq

1994 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 – Conflict in Iraq

1997 – No major war

1998 – Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 – Kosovo War

2000 – No major war

2001 – War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 – War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

President Barack Obama repeated the now infamous words of George W. Bush, declaring: “We are at war…” Yes, and we have been, ever since 1776.

And no wonder when you consider killing is a business and American is 'Great' at it:

No individual religion for sure

But religious conflict as a whole, from the beginning of recorded history can account for over 800 million deaths and rising daily

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
North Korea does not have on open internet, they have a North Korea only internet, from what I have read.