• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Black Panthers are nothing new.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

No offense, Kat, but if you're going to plagiarize thread titles, you should at least cite your source.

Re the discussion, I'll worry about the Black Panthers when they come anywhere near as much a danger as Far-Right groups.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No offense, Kat, but if you're going to plagiarize thread titles, you should at least cite your source.
Her title would be called parody or referential. Yes, "plagiarize" & "parody" both begin with "P",
but they have entirely different meanings, so you must pick the correct one for the occasion.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

Re the discussion, I'll worry about the Black Panthers when they come anywhere near as much a danger as Far-Right groups.

No offense, Merc, but Revoltingest hit the nail on the head. My thread was a parody. Your thread wasn't a source of anything other than a lot of eye rolling on my part.

Just so you know - most Tea Party participants are not Far-Right politically - any more than most NAACP members are supportive of that idiot King Samir and his "I hate every iota of a cracker!" bull ****.

Mainly I started the thread as an excuse to post that video of those Black Panther goombahs. I don't think that group is much of a danger to most of us whiteys, any more than that grandmother wearing a hat with tea bags hanging from it is to him.

As long as the fringes stay on the fringes, I'm happy. It takes all sorts, I guess.

Why don't you just kick back and enjoy the video? I thought it was hilarious myself. :eek:

Smoke

Done here.
Just so you know - most Tea Party participants are not Far-Right politically
A majority of Tea Party participants have favorable opinions of Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and George W. Bush. How far right would they have to go for you to consider them far right?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Her title would be called parody or referential. Yes, "plagiarize" & "parody" both begin with "P",
but they have entirely different meanings, so you must pick the correct one for the occasion.

Ah, I suppose that is plausible. Still would have been nice to have a citation...you know.

No offense, Merc, but Revoltingest hit the nail on the head. My thread was a parody. Your thread wasn't a source of anything other than a lot of eye rolling on my part.

It was hard to tell.

Just so you know - most Tea Party participants are not Far-Right politically - any more than most NAACP members are supportive of that idiot King Samir and his "I hate every iota of a cracker!" bull ****.

What the hell are you talking about??

k0hmaqrgweu4ndssko4ywq.gif

Mainly I started the thread as an excuse to post that video of those Black Panther goombahs. I don't think that group is much of a danger to most of us whiteys, any more than that grandmother wearing a hat with tea bags hanging from it is to him.

I do agree with the underlined phrase. I strongly disagree with the rest of the sentence. As does the Department of Justice. Ever heard of the Hutaree?

As long as the fringes stay on the fringes, I'm happy. It takes all sorts, I guess.

Why don't you just kick back and enjoy the video? I thought it was hilarious myself. :eek:

Making fun of Black people is not my idea of entertainment.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Then how exactly is this video hilarious??

OK I just watched the video again, and I noticed something I missed the first time around: There are TWO white people right nearby that are acting like everything is cool and normal, including a young white female! Lord help this white boy with the camera phone if he ever stumbles into a ghetto...

Kathryn

OK, I admit - humor is subjective, so maybe you don't think that King Samir looks so ridiculous that he's funny. Personally, I have a very raucous sense of humor, especially about taboo issues, including racism. I think when he starts hollering, "I hate white people - I hate every iota of a cracka!" Well, that's pretty funny in my book - especially since he's so obviously a complete nutcase.

Sorry you didn't get as big a kick out of it as I did though - my little circle of friends and family have been saying, "I hate every IOTA of a ___!' (fill in the blank - Smart Car, liverwurst, zit, stupid driver, whatever gets you riled up) ever since we saw that video.

You might really like this - here's his website:

KINGSAMIR - KING SAMIR Shabazz - BlackPlanet.com

Oh, my..."the King has returned to his Black Planet throne..."

Now come on - you don't think this is ape **** crazy??????

Kathryn

Ooops, he says at the top of his page that he wants ALL CRACKAS TO STAY OFF HIS PAGE - sooooooo, proceed at your own risk...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ah, don't you love the double standards when it comes to political correctness and tolerance? The Black Panthers are nothing more than feeble clowns with an impotent message.

Kathryn

Well, I have to put my cracka *** to bed now. Hope I don't have nightmares about this guy:

I mean - if I don't have bad dreams about him personally, that decor is enough to disturb my REM sleep somethin' terrible...

Mercy Not Sacrifice

OK, I admit - humor is subjective, so maybe you don't think that King Samir looks so ridiculous that he's funny. Personally, I have a very raucous sense of humor, especially about taboo issues, including racism. I think when he starts hollering, "I hate white people - I hate every iota of a cracka!" Well, that's pretty funny in my book - especially since he's so obviously a complete nutcase.

Sorry you didn't get as big a kick out of it as I did though - my little circle of friends and family have been saying, "I hate every IOTA of a ___!' (fill in the blank - Smart Car, liverwurst, zit, stupid driver, whatever gets you riled up) ever since we saw that video.

You might really like this - here's his website:

KINGSAMIR - KING SAMIR Shabazz - BlackPlanet.com

Oh, my..."the King has returned to his Black Planet throne..."

Now come on - you don't think this is ape **** crazy??????

The thing is, a person of the privileged race has to be very, very careful about race-based jokes. Such jokes where the subordinate race is the target are likely to cross the line into racism.

It was obvious to her intended audience.
It's not her fault you didn't get the joke.
A citation for a parody would be absurd.

You know, Revolting...for the time being, I think you and I just need a clean break. I have pretty high expectations from non-believers that they will convey themselves with reason and understanding, not toss around insults and play power games. I'm not going to put up with your pettiness any more. To my Ignore list you go.

Maybe will try this again somewhere down the road. Until then, see ya around.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, Revolting...for the time being, I think you and I just need a clean break. I have pretty high expectations from non-believers that they will convey themselves with reason and understanding, not toss around insults and play power games. I'm not going to put up with your pettiness any more. To my Ignore list you go.

Woo hoo!

Kathryn

The thing is, a person of the privileged race has to be very, very careful about race-based jokes. Such jokes where the subordinate race is the target are likely to cross the line into racism.

Uh -uh. An idiot is an idiot. To tip toe around that fact BECAUSE he's black is MORE racist than addressing it head on. It implies that we of the "privileged race" should just assume he's less capable of intelligent thought, or less capable of racism pure and simple, simply because he's black.

Hey, there's the crux of so many problems RIGHT THERE...

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Uh -uh. An idiot is an idiot. To tip toe around that fact BECAUSE he's black is MORE racist than addressing it head on. It implies that we of the "privileged race" should just assume he's less capable of intelligent thought, or less capable of racism pure and simple, simply because he's black.

Hey, there's the crux of so many problems RIGHT THERE...

I totally agree.

There is no such thing as a privelledged race (well there is, but thats not for this thread).

Black people are no different to white people in any way intillectually.

Smoke

Done here.
I feel sorry for King Samir. He seems like he desperately wants something that he doesn't have, or to be something that he's not. He seems very sad.

Kathryn

Yes, he does seem very sad.

Bad decisions, poor philosophies, and hatred can make one very sad.