• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Netflix Binge Watch Suggestion Thread

MikeF

Premium Member
One of my favorite Netflix offerings is Lilyhammer. Very amusing parody of Norwegian culture.

I second a vote for Kingdom, the Korean zombie period piece, and add Sweet Home, also Korean and not specifically zombie, per se.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It did get me reading the books, and wow they cut out tons and tons more of the book for the show. But the biggest change is Uhtred himself. I'm having a hard time keeping it in my head the book Uhtred looks like a massive, burly, intimidating Dane with blond hair who isn't so attractive that even his scars are attractive.

Heh...I also went and got the books and thought the same.
I hadn't read much Cromwell before...maybe a book or two of the Sharpe series when I was younger.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Heh...I also went and got the books and thought the same.
I hadn't read much Cromwell before...maybe a book or two of the Sharpe series when I was younger.
I hadn't read him before this and I'm finding his style to be very difficult to put down. I'm also learning a lot about writing from reading him, and how his minimalist approach to things like dinner or battle makes them seem way more manageable amd doable as a writer.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I need a new show to binge watch. I most recently finished Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul (the Breaking Bad prequel), but I'm not convinced yet that I'm into it enough for a binge.

Other recent binges I've enjoyed:
  • Stranger Things
  • Lucifer
  • The Marvel Series
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daredevil
    • Luke Cage
    • The Punisher
    • Iron Fist
    • The Defenders
  • Gotham
Any suggestions on shows you think I might enjoy?

Also, feel free to post shows that you've binged that you think others may enjoy.
I've really liked Umbrella Academy.

If you're into reality television, there's Formula One: Drive to Survive. I've really liked it, though they have been criticized for selectively cutting to make interpersonal beefs seem worse than they really are.

Jedster