• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Netflix Binge Watch Suggestion Thread

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I need a new show to binge watch. I most recently finished Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul (the Breaking Bad prequel), but I'm not convinced yet that I'm into it enough for a binge.

Other recent binges I've enjoyed:
  • Stranger Things
  • Lucifer
  • The Marvel Series
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daredevil
    • Luke Cage
    • The Punisher
    • Iron Fist
    • The Defenders
  • Gotham
Any suggestions on shows you think I might enjoy?

Also, feel free to post shows that you've binged that you think others may enjoy.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I need a new show to binge watch. I most recently finished Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul (the Breaking Bad prequel), but I'm not convinced yet that I'm into it enough for a binge.

• Stranger Things
  • Lucifer
  • The Marvel Series
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daredevil
    • Luke Cage
    • The Punisher
    • Iron Fist
    • The Defenders
  • Gotham

Mrs. Maisel

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The Blacklist and Penny Dreadful are both really good.

They look like possibilities. I'll add them to my list.

Oddly enough, the preview for The Blacklist was playing when I opened Netflix in my browser.

PureX

Veteran Member
Netflix: for grown-ups (not superhero fantasy or high school melodrama) by the criteria of good writing and good acting.

Bad Blood
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (not scripted or acted)
The Kominsky Method
Atypical
Wanted
Mindhunter
Dark Matter
Better Call Saul
Peaky Blinders
Gilmore Girls
The Fosters
The L word
Orange is the New Black
Wentworth
Rake

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure if these are exclusive to Amazon or not, but if you can find them Sneaky Pete and Pushing Daisies are excellent.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

y.

Some weird ones I enjoyed. Strong girl bong soon. Korean subtitled funny love story, 60's batman action scenes.Must watch first 3 episodes for novelty even if you dont like romcoms after the 3rd episode the novelty wears off and you need to like romcoms.

Umbrella academy super hero team dark.

Carole and Tuesday anime american sung and style music

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

• Stranger Things
  • Lucifer
  • The Marvel Series
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daredevil
    • Luke Cage
    • The Punisher
    • Iron Fist
    • The Defenders
  • Gotham

Also, feel free to post shows that you've binged that you think others may enjoy.
Had no idea Marvel had so many series going, but nice to know they're coming out with some good ones now: their first few attempts in the 70s and 80s were pretty awful ( have to admit I watched the Hulk anyway though :D )

While we're talking about it: a cpl years ago I started watching a decent Marvel series about a mutant who could alter reality. Then I forgot about it and haven't been able to find it because I can't remember the name.

Anybody know what the series was called?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yeah: Deadwood and Rome. Both are HBO. If you havent seen them I would put them both towards the top of my list. They each only ran for 2 seasons so it's more like watching a really long movie. : D

Also, if you don't mind watching something that's basically a play, I Claudius from PBS was fantastic.

Flame

Beware
If you're in the documentaries, Fearless, which is about Brazilian bullriders is extremely good.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
There's also a series called "Breaking Banned" about people addicted to creating sock-puppet accounts and trolling internet forums.

Well no, no there isn't.

. . . YET!

* back to the type writer*

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

• Stranger Things
  • Lucifer
  • The Marvel Series
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daredevil
    • Luke Cage
    • The Punisher
    • Iron Fist
    • The Defenders
  • Gotham

Cirque du Freak is not bad-- I'm only on episode 2 however

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is quite well done, if a bit dark (but I like dark)

If you ever watched the original The Charmed Ones, the reboot is a pretty good re-envisioning of the original ideas.

I found I really enjoyed Kim's Convenience. Very different from those you listed, however, but it's a quite good look at Culture from the viewpoint of non-North Americans (the show takes place in Canada, which I found very refreshing). It's a quasi-soap, but well done. I liked it enough to watch through season 3, e6.

On the same theme, I watched the first 5 episodes of Mr Iglesias, based on the comedian of the same name (of which I'm a huge fan: "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy"). In this, the comedian is a school teacher. Well written so far.

iZombie is now on Netflix-- 5 seasons. I've only seen the first 4? I think-- I lost track when CW became impossible to stream, so I gave up on their feeds. I may go back and watch the whole through.